Player Discussion Joel Armia

Status
Not open for further replies.

TannedBum

Jul 23, 2014
Really missed Armia after he got injured, he may not be the greatest offensive threat but he does so many great things defensively. Hopefully he can play against Sabres
Well he was able to put some weight on his leg. That's a good sign. But you never know, he could be out for weeks.

Tuggy

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2003
Saint John
Really missed Armia after he got injured, he may not be the greatest offensive threat but he does so many great things defensively. Hopefully he can play against Sabres

I agree, hopefully it's nothing serious.

He's been an important part of the team so far.

Reactions: HKbleu and 417

Tuamas

Nov 7, 2018
Game 1-3 for the Canadiens at the middle of the second period, Armia gets kneed and injured.

The last half of the game 4-0 for the Rangers and the end score 5-3.

Maybe he might be a quite important piece in the recent success.

Reactions: HKbleu

BBQ Chicken Alert!
Feb 20, 2003
Ottawa
DLC reporting the Habs will be recalling Kenny D'Agostino after 5pm today...

Looks like Armia's injury is going to keep him out of the lineup.

Too bad, I was really feeling that all-Finn line

Reactions: Redux91

GHJimmy

We made it here.
Mar 30, 2018
He's a great player, the way he kept stealing the puck in the ozone against NYR and he went on carrying the puck for good 15-20 second range was amazing! He just need to improve his decision making , shoot more as well.

Reactions: HKbleu and Redux91

GHJimmy

We made it here.
Mar 30, 2018
Name me 3rd line wingers who score 40-50 points.
Drouin scored 50 points in Tampa on third line plus first and second PP units, he kept goin first then back to second, armia has been on first pp pass 10 games.

But yea I only remember Drouin lol

TannedBum

Jul 23, 2014
6-8 weeks. It didn't look that bad, but the pessimistic in me expected something like that. That sucks so f***ing bad!

Sniperr

Feb 13, 2015
f*** the Rags, that second period still piss me off. Tried to injure Reilly and managed to take out Armia for 2 months.

MrBoJangelz71

Jan 14, 2014
Been keeping tabs on Armia this season, sorry to see him get injured for you. I think we feel his absence this season as well, he is such a strong utility player, great possession capabilities. He fills several needs for any team.

Reactions: HKbleu and Tuggy

Goldenhands

Slaf_The_Great
Sponsor
Aug 21, 2016
out for at least 6 weeks... bad news for the team, good news for the tank...

MaKi

Marschak's #1 Fan
Apr 13, 2007
Marschak's Bandwagon
Game 1-3 for the Canadiens at the middle of the second period, Armia gets kneed and injured.

The last half of the game 4-0 for the Rangers and the end score 5-3.

Maybe he might be a quite important piece in the recent success.

Possibly, but keep in mind it was the second of a back to back and losing a man means more ice time for tired players to take on.

Leon Lucius Black

Nov 5, 2007
Sucks to lose him, he was starting to play even better the last few games. Looking at a positive, hopefully after his AHL stint Scherbak steps up and makes the most of a big opportunity.

Tuggy

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2003
Saint John
Been keeping tabs on Armia this season, sorry to see him get injured for you. I think we feel his absence this season as well, he is such a strong utility player, great possession capabilities. He fills several needs for any team.

He did a lot of things that didn't show up on the score sheet.

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018

Sometimes you realize most what you have when its gone.

It seems we're in shambles with old glue guys Byron and Armia. Weber will also greatly help the dcore.

Last edited:

MrBoJangelz71

Jan 14, 2014

I always questioned the hockey IQ of those that didn't like his game.

In Winnipeg, his detractors complained mainly about his inability to finish around the net. This was due to the fact he created so many chances for himself, and teammates, which made it more noticeable. Use to think if he did less with creating opportunities and just mucked it up along the boards, fans would have a higher opinion of his play.

Lets not appreciate the fact he just played with the puck for a entire shift, in the opposing teams end, on a penalty kill, and instead lets complain about the fact he didn't roof it top shelf.

I will say this though, he has had some of our best highlight end to end goals for the Jets to date, and he has been inches away from potting what would have been goal of the year candidates when he was with us.

Hope he gets well soon, and hats off to your team having a nice start to this season.

Last edited:

petri tuomi

Nov 2, 2018
It was really annoying that Joppe (Armia's nickname) was injured. knee injury prevents full-time workout. that is to say, a good season was in it.
Canadiens has given up the responsibility and Joppe has responded well.
In that injury, both the team and the players disappear.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
It was really annoying that Joppe (Armia's nickname) was injured. knee injury prevents full-time workout. that is to say, a good season was in it.
Canadiens has given up the responsibility and Joppe has responded well.
In that injury, both the team and the players disappear.

How do you pronounce that -- is it "Yop pay"? Similar to Kotkaniemi with "Jeppu" pronounced "Yep - pou" -- the "J" becomes a "Y".

petri tuomi

Nov 2, 2018
How do you pronounce that -- is it "Yop pay"? Similar to Kotkaniemi with "Jeppu" pronounced "Yep - pou" -- the "J" becomes a "Y".
difficult to translate that by typing. in itself a fun coincidence that you play Joppe and Jepu. their nicknames in their home village.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad