Player Discussion Joel Armia

Status
Not open for further replies.

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
Do you know what's the avarage thirdline wingers production in the Nhl?
It's 20points.

40-50 points is secondline centers production.

Armia is on pace for 41points but his offense is not good enough for the 3rd line?

Man this team is stacked.

Name me 3rd line wingers who score 40-50 points.

Two points:

1) I expect point totals to be higher this year than last.

2) We don't have a big first line or even top six. If we're going to be good, we're going to have to have higher production than the league average. I consider guys like Byron, Danault, Lehkonen, and Hudon all capable of 40 to 50 points. Byron has proved it in the past, Danault is on pace for 48 points, and Lehkonen and Hudon can get there imo.

Fazkovsky

Sep 4, 2013
Do you know what's the avarage thirdline wingers production in the Nhl?
It's 20points.

40-50 points is secondline centers production.

Armia is on pace for 41points but his offense is not good enough for the 3rd line?

Man this team is stacked.

Exactly what i was gonna say

He is a bit like Andrei Kostitsyn. A bit too inconsistent for a top 6 but capable of 30-40 points

He is big enough to outmuscle players which is a rare comodity with all our small players

Reactions: HKbleu

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
You want a third liner capable of 50 points?!? What do you expect from second and first liners?

Pretty much the same, but on the higher end. We're not a team with a big first line, or even a big top 6. We'll need to have 3 lines that come at you. imo, Gallagher, Domi, Drouin, and Tatar are capable of 45-60 points, in the new NHL.

imo, Kotkaniemi, Byron, Danault, Lehkonen, and Hudon are all capable of 40 to 50 points.

And I said 40-50, not 50 by the way.

petri tuomi

Nov 2, 2018
need to remember and know the thing. even if you are playing a 0 + 0 season, the player may be very valuable to the team.
Such an ineffective player is a gold medal for the coach.
Always trust the ground in the worst place.

jesui

Jan 21, 2011
everywhere
Pretty much the same, but on the higher end. We're not a team with a big first line, or even a big top 6. We'll need to have 3 lines that come at you. imo, Gallagher, Domi, Drouin, and Tatar are capable of 45-60 points, in the new NHL.

With this part i agree.
But imo Armia is doing what needs to be done in 3rd line right now.
Also as someone who has watched him closely for many years, i know his skillset is too good for the 4th line.

I haven't seen one good game (By his standard) yet as a hab, but still he contributes at good 3rd line level.

No need to bury him on the 4th at this point of the season.

Reactions: HKbleu

Fazkovsky

Sep 4, 2013
First time I've heard 8 points in 12 games is a solid 3rd liner. ;)

Lehky has 1 goal only though. He is racking up pts because to whoever he passes he finishes. He is obviously creating turnovers but he has been a bit lucky to be honest. To me lehkonen isnt a bonafide top 6

Natey

GOATS
Aug 2, 2005
Lehky has 1 goal only though. He is racking up pts because to whoever he passes he finishes. He is obviously creating turnovers but he has been a bit lucky to be honest. To me lehkonen isnt a bonafide top 6
Or.... He's been a bit unlucky because he's a goal scorer and the pucks aren't going on?

Reactions: FerrisRox

Fazkovsky

Sep 4, 2013
Lol what Armia doesnt have an ounce of the offensive potential AK had

I wasnt talking in terms or skillset but more production. Early on Ak46 was productive with pleky and kovalev but it went downhill from there as he was often demoted to thirs line duties with eller but was still able to pot 20 goals

I do agree that Armia is more of a pure 3rd liner

scrubadam

Apr 10, 2016
Brings size to the line up. Can PK (aside from the Dallas game). Has a bit of offense but is not a 1st or 2nd liner. And maybe most important he is from the same hometown as KK and was KK's idol when he was 10 years old.

Too much complaining around this guy. Don't expect 50 points from him, but I bet when the season is over he will quietly have 15 or so goals and close to 40 points.

Reactions: 417 and HKbleu

TT1

May 31, 2013
Montreal
Yea i like Armia for what he brings. Sure he's not a speedster but he has great hands, poise, size and defensive play. You can see his offensive talent because he can make plays on his own, a lot of his production this year comes from dead plays. There's value in a player who can turn a nothing play into something.

Obviously he's not a perfect player but he's the type of guy you want on your 3rd line, he can also move up your lineup if theres injuries etc. At like 3M to 3.5M Armia is a great middle 6'er.

Last edited:

Chr1s97

Jul 25, 2018
Montreal
Love armia. Hes a strong body hard to take the puck from, excellent at protecting the puck, armia is strong as a bull and have good pair of hand. Hes reliable defensively but I would like to see him shot more. He must have a good wrister but he just don't want to shoot also hes puck decision are not always the best but hes a player that I trust & I would love to have him long term with the team on our 3rd line. He remind me a lot of Montreal eller. Let's just hope armia start having an impact on the team like Washington Eller.

Vachon23

Oct 14, 2015
Victoriaville
His defensive game is awsome ! I really like how he create turnovers by grabbing the puck to the D-man ! He as really good hands to ! Solide bottom player !

Reactions: petri tuomi

flyingkiwi

Oct 28, 2014
France
Glad to see Armia putting up points for you guys. I miss him a lot, wish he was able to put it together here in Winnipeg, and sad he’s not in Helsinki with us this week.

Hope he has a really good season with you guys along with your new kid. I’ll be tuning into a few Habs games for sure. :D

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
I was curious to see who leads our team in differential between giveaways and takeaways. Armia has 7 giveaways and 13 takeaways (+6). Ranks 36 in the NHL. Next is Drouin with 6 giveaways and 10 takeaways (+4). He ranks 74th. Very surprised to see Drouin behind Armia

Best in the league at this stage is Thorodore. 8 Giveaways and 21 takeaways (+13). When you consider that there is only 35 NHL defenseman with a + differential and he is leading all NHL players including forwards, it's impressive!

KingGallagherXI

Jul 10, 2009
Entering his prime about now, Armia will be, for the next 4-5 years or so, a 40 pt player with Selke-like defense.

People are complaining how he has little finish or offensive talent. If he had better offensive talent, he would basically be a superstar, the next Bobby Clarke. But he doesn't, so he's a 40 pt player who brings insanely good puck possession bonus to his team by winning like 85% of his puck battles in a game. There hasn't been a more efficient forecheck/puck battle player on the Habs in the last 20 years.

Last edited:

Tramux

Habs
Apr 27, 2016
Finland
Really missed Armia after he got injured, he may not be the greatest offensive threat but he does so many great things defensively. Hopefully he can play against Sabres

Reactions: Tuggy and HKbleu
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->