Player Discussion: Joel Armia - Part II

ps241

The Ballad of Ville Bobby
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
Honestly guys I think Armia’s role on the 3B line with Perreault and Hendricks was the best gig he has had since he has been in the NHL. Hendricks can’t skate any more but he has decent hands and he insured they got the softest match ups. Perreault is a godsend and they were always dangerously overmatching their opponent which allowed Joel to produce. Minutes were the only issue.

Now he is back to eating the toughest match ups on a shut down line. More responsibility now but points will be tougher to come by. Either way I love watching Joel play and that line will be a treat to watch.

jetsfan91

May 29, 2013
Love him where he is in the line up. Adds balance to our lineup, it's nice to have a team where all four lines can create offense.

GNP

Here Comes the Jets -look out hockey world !!!
Oct 11, 2016
Winnipeg
I'm glad to see the NHL is allowing Armia to use that "contact rubber cement" on his stick, because once the puck is on his stick, it never seems to get off, and he just controls the play with his puck possession.

I'm "very impressed" with this guy over the last 5-10 games, and he has a real knack for stealing the puck, and setting up plays. He's also great on the penalty kill. I think Joel is a beast, and should be a regular on the 3-rd line. He's had some great scoring chances lately, and they will start going in.

He's just to good not to be !!!!

suihkukone

Mar 12, 2017
Denmark
I think he will hit 40 points this season, what do you guys think?

I'd say 35-40 points if he continues in the 4th line / shutdown line role. The way he's playing recently, he should be getting 2-3 point games every now and then. Certainly, the most entertaining player at the moment.

Last edited:
Reactions: Ippenator

suihkukone

Mar 12, 2017
Denmark
I wonder if Army has some history playing floorball, because that was some weird pass he made for Hendricks goal in the Sharks game. It looked like it was deliberate, too. I think I've seen it mentioned somewhere, but Google didn't agree.

antiqueslivers

Apr 16, 2015
ooh i wanna see a an extension signed bubble or whatever soon that pretains to my main man armia! I was stoked to hear he would be part of the trade with buffalo on during those dark days and have not been let down!

Reactions: MoreMorrissey

FFHockey

Oct 12, 2015
Winnipeg, Manitoba,
He is truly one of my fave Jets...I hope the Jets retain him to mentor the 3 younger Finns playing on the team next year. (I’m likely a tad too optimistic on Vesalainen and Niku, but they will be there soon enough)

Bit of a side story....was at Jet’s practice a month or so ago and formal practice had ended. Armia and Copp were fooling around playing a game of keep away. It was mesmerizing watching Joel dangle him, turning him inside out....finally Andrew had seen enough and just tackled him. Was funny to see.

Monkey D Luffy

Go Bombers!
Nov 20, 2017
Winnipeg, MB
Honestly guys I think Armia’s role on the 3B line with Perreault and Hendricks was the best gig he has had since he has been in the NHL. Hendricks can’t skate any more but he has decent hands and he insured they got the softest match ups. Perreault is a godsend and they were always dangerously overmatching their opponent which allowed Joel to produce. Minutes were the only issue.

Now he is back to eating the toughest match ups on a shut down line. More responsibility now but points will be tougher to come by. Either way I love watching Joel play and that line will be a treat to watch.

More fake news.

Reactions: Scheifelaine

Guerzy

I'm a fricken baby
Jan 16, 2005
Not reporting it as news, its my opinion Milt.

I also agree with you re; his skating, ps. As much as I love the guys character and that big wily grin, watching him skate I often think, man, your NHL days are numbered but your heart is huge and your attitude is admirable. :laugh: .. And he is still on an 82GP pace of near 25 points, which for his age and role in those limited minutes is pretty impressive. To each their own, but I like the guy and I think he's been a nice add to this roster this year.

As for Armia, it's nice to see him having a career year and I hope he can top it off with a 40 point or close to it season.

Last edited:
Reactions: ps241 and YWGinYYZ

ps241

The Ballad of Ville Bobby
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
I also agree with you re; his skating, ps. As much as I love the guys character and that big wily grin, watching him skate I often think, man, your NHL days are numbered but your heart is huge and your attitude is admirable. :laugh: .. And he is still on an 82GP pace of near 25 points, which for his age and role in those limited minutes is pretty impressive. To each their own, but I like the guy and I think he's been a nice add to this roster this year.

As for Armia, it's nice to see him having a career year and I hope he can top it off with a 40 point or close to it season.

I love how Armia is playing. Whether it is on the 3b with Perreault and Hendricks or on 3a with Lowry and Copp he has been a really positive asset and is one of the reasons we are tough to match up against.

Reactions: Guerzy

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad