News Article: Joe Veleno

SCD

Apr 8, 2018
Veleno with 1 assist tonight in a 4-3 SO loss to RO. He did score in the shoot out.

He got rocked once when he had his head down between the face-off circles.

I do hate that he wears the same number as Weiss.

newfy

Jul 28, 2010
Veleno with 1 assist tonight in a 4-3 SO loss to RO. He did score in the shoot out.

He got rocked once when he had his head down between the face-off circles.

I do hate that he wears the same number as Weiss.
He was second star, mustve played decent

SCD

Apr 8, 2018
He played well overall. Missed on a break-away in the first. But, not great flow to the game.

RO seemed to keep Lafreniere away from him as much as possible. AF scored on a 5 on 3 from the doorstep and scored in the SO.

lhsgolf19

Oct 4, 2016
Birmingham, MI
SHG (39th and 7th shortie of the year) and 2 Assists for Veleno today in an 8-3 Win... Up to 93 Points in 49 Games... Was also +4 and is a crazy +55 lol

Reactions: NEWing

SCD

Apr 8, 2018
SHG (39th and 7th shortie of the year) and 2 Assists for Veleno today in an 8-3 Win... Up to 93 Points in 49 Games... Was also +4 and is a crazy +55 lol
And he is not bashful about shooting......11 shots,

TheMule93

On a mule rides the swindler
May 26, 2015
Ontario
hes 2nd in league scoring - just two points behind Alexis Lafrieniere and has played four less games than alexis

also holy crap lafrieniere is gonna be an amazing player. hes two years younger than veleno doing this.

Ezekial

Cheap Pizza, Bad Hockey
Sponsor
Nov 22, 2015
Chicago
hes 2nd in league scoring - just two points behind Alexis Lafrieniere and has played four less games than alexis

also holy crap lafrieniere is gonna be an amazing player. hes two years younger than veleno doing this.
I've only gotten to watch him twice in the Q, but both times I almost had a looney toons-equse type rubbing my eyes moment realizing he's 17 not 19 or 20.

HisNoodliness

The Karate Kid and ASP Kai
Jun 29, 2014
Toronto
The qmjhl updates their site so fast. Like as soon as a player gets credited with a goal or an assist in a game, their stats get updated

Meanwhile the NHL takes like 12 hours to update player stats after a game
Honestly NHL.com is inexcusable. How an organization as big as the NHL has a website worse than most freshman CS majors can put together is beyond me. The videos take forever and it just crashes for no reason. Everyone has to go to hockey-reference for stats.

Reactions: Reddwit

Hen Kolland

Feb 22, 2018
Honestly NHL.com is inexcusable. How an organization as big as the NHL has a website worse than most freshman CS majors can put together is beyond me. The videos take forever and it just crashes for no reason. Everyone has to go to hockey-reference for stats.

For what it's worth, the Reference brand has cemented itself as the tops regardless of sport. If I have an interest in statistics, regardless of sport, it usually is a search in Google structured as "James Harden stats reference" or "Dylan Larkin stats reference" pick a sport, pick a player it doesn't matter. Their interface is clean, their offerings are respectable. They are generally a good catch-all for generic stats to low level analytics. Why people still waste time going to the NBA, NHL, NFL, or MLB websites for statistics is beyond me. ESPN generally sucks as well.

Reactions: HisNoodliness

obey86

Jun 9, 2009
For what it's worth, the Reference brand has cemented itself as the tops regardless of sport. If I have an interest in statistics, regardless of sport, it usually is a search in Google structured as "James Harden stats reference" or "Dylan Larkin stats reference" pick a sport, pick a player it doesn't matter. Their interface is clean, their offerings are respectable. They are generally a good catch-all for generic stats to low level analytics. Why people still waste time going to the NBA, NHL, NFL, or MLB websites for statistics is beyond me. ESPN generally sucks as well.

I prefer hockeydb for hockey stats if I am just looking at goals/assists/point totals. very clean interface (moreso than hockey reference) and they update their stats immediately (I think even during the game, at the very least, right after the game ends).

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad