Injury Report: Joe Thornton to miss "some time" | Update Jan 22; out 4 weeks (rib fracture)

Ciao

Jul 15, 2010
Toronto
Out 4 weeks with a rib fracture per TSN app notification. That sucks.

The most important Leafs' roster news to date.

I hope it's not chronic back or shoulder trouble that could linger throughout the year and perhaps hamper his career.

BlueForever75

Oct 4, 2017
The most important Leafs' roster news to date.

I hope it's not chronic back or shoulder trouble that could linger throughout the year and perhaps hamper his career.

I would think that those cross checks he received against Ottawa have been leaving a mark. I didnt see anything last game that might have caused anything.

Reactions: Confucius and Ciao

crump

~ ~ (ړײ) ~ ~
Feb 26, 2004
Ontariariario
Bad news today. Hope Matthews will be OK, take the time to fix it. We don't need another Wendel Clark scenario with a franchise player.

Reactions: Ciao

zeke

The Dube Abides
Mar 14, 2005
Now all we need is Spezza simmonds and bogo all injured so we can finally get back to a nice young speedy lineup.

CantLoseWithMatthews

Sep 28, 2015
Now all we need is Spezza simmonds and bogo all injured so we can finally get back to a nice young speedy lineup.
Thornton has actually done pretty well in his role, not sure I'd lump him in with those 3 guys who can't even survive playing at the bottom of the lineup

Reactions: zeke

ToneDog

56 years and counting. #FireTheShanaClan!
Jun 11, 2017
Richmond Hill, ON

Agree that the old vets are past their best before date but a "nice young speedy lineup" is not enough. God knows it did not work against Columbus. Oh yeah forgot their goalies went into God like mode. ;)

BlueForever75

Oct 4, 2017
I cracked a rib sneezing once, lol. Not pleasant. But after a couple of weeks I was already driving a golf ball 250 yards. Yes there was discomfort but it wasnt all that bad. Its been 10 days for Joe. I assume he's starting to skate for conditioning and will be red shirted for scrimmages. But I see him back the week after next.

Reactions: zeke

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->