Joe Thornton Discussion Thread

Wafflewhipper

Jan 18, 2014
Judge Jumbo in the playoffs
That’s why he’s here and Spezz and Train and JT
Ok great idea so lets give him a good rest until then. Seriously man. If we lose wednesday to the Jets we are 7-7 for march. I know it doesn’t sound like much but thats 25% of the season. So we can afford passengers how? Dubas sitting back watching this month go by without doung anything is despicable. They knew f****** well they had 2 injured goalies too. This little brain child is getting on my last nerve. Have the fan base doesn’t have a clue.
We wanted more physical after Columbus last year and we got older and slower. Then Brenden Lemieux goes for a 4 and this idiot running this team can’t move on that player. Jumbo plays 15 minutes and the story line is all cozy and cute raaaaa raaa pommm pompom. I have about had it with Dubas

Last edited:
Reactions: sittler rules!!!

sittler rules!!!

Feb 9, 2004
He is completely done

He sucked the life out of the 1st line, then the 2nd line, and now he is dragging PP1 and the 4th line to the depths of hell

He can't keep up with the play, can't win a puck battle, and can't even make passes at this point

Enough already
I have to agree. He looks finished. Last night, he was a zone behind everywhere

Teeder Keon

Defeat does not rest lightly on their shoulders
Mar 11, 2019
Deep in the Purple jungles of BC
I have to agree. He looks finished. Last night, he was a zone behind everywhere
I can’t disagree about last night ..
But I actually blame Keefer on this one
Manage his ice time and game time more until the playoffs and even then ..
Selected times and situations and games for this great future HOFer

Last edited:

Wafflewhipper

Jan 18, 2014
I think that’s where the real challenge is ....
I certainly would be managing all of these players ice time and even games for here on in till the playoffs
The team is still to soft for playoffs Teeder. If he leaves it like this we are done first round again and he’s fired as G.M. I’ll saybthere you go smarta$$. He doesn’t know goaltending and he doesn’t know composition of a good team. This is not looking very good right now. If this team goes on a skid here coming after this crap month. We are scraping by with no mojo going in to playoffs again. And still soft as butter but older

sittler rules!!!

Feb 9, 2004
Selected times and situations and games gor this great future HOFer
I agree to manage his time for the playoffs, but what concerns me is how quickly he faded. Playoffs are a grind, and if he fades again, all the moxy and veteran presence does little from the press box.

Reactions: Teeder Keon

Wafflewhipper

Jan 18, 2014
Selected times and situations and games gor this great future HOFer
Dubas stuck him with him. I wanted Perry

Teeder Keon

Mar 11, 2019
The team is still to soft for playoffs Teeder. If he leaves it like this we are done first round again and he’s fired as G.M. I’ll saybthere you go smarta$$. He doesn’t know goaltending and he doesn’t know composition of a good team. This is not looking very good right now. If this team goes on a skid here coming after this crap month. We are scraping by with no mojo going in to playoffs again. And still soft as butter but older
Oh don’t get me wrong ....
I totally think we are too soft for the playoffs ..
We are in full agreement there !
But that’s not on Jumbo
He has been used way to often in way too many games ..
He should be used on very select situations
And you know what , I’ve actually heard him say that and I’m pretty sure he’s ok with that to win the cup ..

Teeder Keon

Mar 11, 2019
Dubas stuck him with him. I wanted Perry
And I would almost kill for Reeves on out 4th line
You would see X % increase with all our elites players points with him in the line up and you would AM and MM and WN and the rest with huge smirks and the best swagger and more points a team ...
Believe me when I say this ...
Every player on our team would be playing 3 inches taller

think Semenko on those great Oiler teams and think back at what Gretzky and the rest always said about his presence and how important he was .!!!!!
Imagine one of the all time greatest players saying that about a 2 bit in reality 4th liner

Reactions: Wafflewhipper

Wafflewhipper

Jan 18, 2014
Oh don’t get me wrong ....
I totally think we are too soft for the playoffs ..
We are in full agreement there !
But that’s not on Jumbo
He has been used way to often in way too many games ..
He should be used on very select situations
And you know what , I’ve actually heard him say that and I’m pretty sure he’s ok with that to win the cup ..
It is on him. It’s on Keefe and it’s definitely on Dubas. If we lose Wednesday against the Jets and i think we will. We had just played 7-7 for March,25% of the season and keefe is playing Thornton and Dubas knew our goalies were both injured the entire time. Just saying what I’m watching. Lots more i was watching too.
Soft teams start losing when teams get their mojo going mid season plus kind of range. Not only is it happening again,it’s a pattern. They don’t win playoff rounds either. You think the soft Senators that we put out every year weren’t more talented than our teams. Darn rightnthey were but we pounded them physically and in net every time. They outshot us 2-1 in them series.
Apparently Dubas hasn’t read that book yet

Reactions: ToneDog

JT AM da real deal

Oct 4, 2018
Junbo is legend and another HOFer like Marleau for sure ... no disrespect here ... but common man he can't even skate at a junior level right now ... it is over ... father time has won .. might as well put him on LTIR with freddy both right now and bring them back once playoffs start ... anyone else would help team right now ... like Paddy was in his 2nd year whatever line you put Jumbo on right now is playing short handed

Reactions: ToneDog and klmdg

Stephen

Feb 28, 2002
Junbo is legend and another HOFer like Marleau for sure ... no disrespect here ... but common man he can't even skate at a junior level right now ... it is over ... father time has won .. might as well put him on LTIR with freddy both right now and bring them back once playoffs start ... anyone else would help team right now ... like Paddy was in his 2nd year whatever line you put Jumbo on right now is playing short handed

Well, we pay him league minimum so it’s fine to get this level of play out of him.

Mar 26, 2010
I am sure Joe is a nice guy and all, but when he is on the ice he makes the team worse. It is painful to watch him playing on the Matthews line.

He is entitled, that is why he has not been put on waivers.

hotpaws

Nov 21, 2009
love Joe but there isn't another gear he's saving for the playoffs , the mans ancient so i don't understand what people are hoping he'll do after watching him not being able to come close to keeping up with the play

Buds17

Nov 29, 2015
I am sure Joe is a nice guy and all, but when he is on the ice he makes the team worse. It is painful to watch him playing on the Matthews line.

He is entitled, that is why he has not been put on waivers.

They actually couldn't place him on waivers anyway without his approval due to the NMC in his contract. Mind you, I doubt they'd do so even if they could.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad