Joe Thornton appreciation thread

Quid Pro Clowe

Dec 28, 2008
Yeah. Sturm is probably being diplomatic. Understandably, he was devasted by the trade. From what I remember, his emotions included a lot more anger than we see in this article.
I remember some weirdness after the deal.

Stuart never entertained the idea of ataying in Boston long-term.

Alwalys

Phu m.
May 19, 2010
Watched a video last night that featured cheechoo's goal from this game, and it reminded how this is my favorite game of the Jumbo era

so many gems there. the amazement in randy's voice when shelley scored...
dammit this team had so much promise then soupy f***ed it all up.

Doctor Soraluce

Sep 28, 2017
Watched a video last night that featured cheechoo's goal from this game, and it reminded how this is my favorite game of the Jumbo era

Cambells goal is still awesome. No wonder those teams never won a cup. That was about as bad a defensive performance as I saw from the team at any point last season. Goaltending sucked too but good grief they had guys in position but the acted like they were socially distancing themselves from the Habs players.

tiburon12

Jul 18, 2009
Cambells goal is still awesome. No wonder those teams never won a cup. That was about as bad a defensive performance as I saw from the team at any point last season. Goaltending sucked too but good grief they had guys in position but the acted like they were socially distancing themselves from the Habs players.
Goaltending in general was horrible that game. Price gave up 4 absolute stinkers, including Campbell's. The mvoe was dope but he shot it into price and price still missed lol

Regardless, I remember staying up late to watch that game and not being able to sleep after how exciting it was. Even if the goaltending was bad, it all the sharks goals were awesome and memorable

Doctor Soraluce

Sep 28, 2017
Goaltending in general was horrible that game. Price gave up 4 absolute stinkers, including Campbell's. The mvoe was dope but he shot it into price and price still missed lol

Regardless, I remember staying up late to watch that game and not being able to sleep after how exciting it was. Even if the goaltending was bad, it all the sharks goals were awesome and memorable
Cambells wasn't all that bad considering the Shelley goal. That was freakin hilarious. Bad goaltending by both teams usually makes for a fun game. I remember one between the Sharks and the Wings late in the season that was awesome like this too.

OrrNumber4

Jul 25, 2002

Ron Wilson tried. He really did; he developed a whole new defensive-minded system that he thought would be more tenable in the playoffs. But, the players just didn't buy in; the forwards especially.

At the time, it was thought that while the message was good, the messenger was too toxic.

Doctor Soraluce

Sep 28, 2017
Ron Wilson tried. He really did; he developed a whole new defensive-minded system that he thought would be more tenable in the playoffs. But, the players just didn't buy in; the forwards especially.

At the time, it was thought that while the message was good, the messenger was too toxic.
Yeah I get that but in this case the defenders were all right there, they just didn't do anything about it.

Quid Pro Clowe

Dec 28, 2008
Still no full-pager in the Merc?? Waiting for the season to start or what? Or is this just a sabbatical?
We know how he feels, and he know how we feel. A paper would have been nice, but doesn't really mean much since he chose to leave.

Mar 1, 2002
Love this

Zettler: As soon as he arrived in San Jose, he came into the coach’s office and asked who he was going to play with. At the time, Jonathan Cheechoo was going to be on his right side. During his first practice, he skated right over to Cheech and said “Cheech, stand right here (in front of the net).” And in our next game, Joe ended up getting him five or six chances, right in that spot. He knew exactly where the opportunity lied. Cheech ended up getting 56 goals that year.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->