Joe Thornton all time leaders watch.

OrrNumber4

Jul 25, 2002
Thornton's statistical decline is because he does not opt for a plant-based-diet. C'mon guys...

So for your average person, going on a plant-based diet can be incredibly beneficial, not so much because of what you are putting into your body, but because of what you are no longer putting into it. You automatically eliminate a large sector of unhealthy foods; your consumption of fast food, fatty meats, etc. is going to be very low. There will be a tendency to eat fibrous foods that keep one satiated longer, as well.

But for athletes, well, they are probably already very careful about what they eat. They are already eating high-quality, safe meats, abstaining from junk food, etc. Quantity becomes less important with their burn rate, as well.

Alwalys

Phu m.
May 19, 2010
He's playing kinda Dumbo though. I wouldn't really say they're the best line in the NHL like they were last year but still pretty good.

I disagree. If anything, just the opposite, he's making the right play more often than the risky play. Watching the games, I have a lot fewer Thornton facepalm moments this season than in some past seasons when he was pushing to score every shift.

But a big hint to what is going on here is that Pavelski remains among the league leading scorers. The Joes are joined at the hip so it's not like the line isn't productive and you can be sure Thornton is a part of that. However Burns may be eating into Thornton's point totals. And it's possible teams are keying on the Thornton to Burns setup that was so effective last season, so Thornton gets pushed out of the assist count. I do notice a bit more offensive activity from Martin this season.

In any event, the top line remains effective against the best defenses of the other teams' so it's not especially worrisome. The team is just playing smothering defense and keeping goals-against down by a heavy possession offense right now. As long as the top line beats up on the top defensive matchup, the 2nd line should feast.

Barrie22

Shark fan in hiding
Aug 11, 2009
ontario
One thing not talked about much is the fact thornton became the 16th player in nhl history with 10 seasons of 50+ assists.

Sharksfan83

Jul 27, 2010
After watching the last game, I think he's back on track this year. That line was dominant. The looked quicker, they looked eager. Maybe it helped having Karlson on their line? IDK they just looked like the best line on the planet again last night.

Pavelski2112

Bold as Boognish
Dec 15, 2011
San Jose, California
Bringing this thread back from the dead because it's only gonna get more ridiculous.

10 points behind Teemu Selanne (1,457) for 15th all-time.
7 assists behind Gordie Howe (1,049) for 9th all-time in assists.
11 GP behind Shane Doan (1,540) for 16th all-time GP.

Last edited:
Reactions: 209 and Clowe Me

Fistfullofbeer

May 9, 2011
Whidbey Island, WA
Bringing this thread back from the dead because it's only gonna get more ridiculous.

10 points behind Teemu Selanne (1,457) for 15th all-time.
7 assists behind Gordie Howe (1,049) for 9th all-time in assists.
11 GP behind Shane Doan (1,540) for all-time GP.
And its still kind of funny how people (outside of Sharks) will argue that Jumbo should not be a 1st ballot HOF'er because ... no cup.

Reactions: Gecklund

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->