Joe Sakic = Mr. Consistency

Status
Not open for further replies.

Teezax

Nov 25, 2002
Montreal
What can I say, this guy performs under any circumstance, numerous pressure, uncomfortable situations. He always seems to always come through in the clutch and didn't skip a beat yesterday when he potted the winner. He deserves lots of praise for being an athelete who brings his A game every game.
Good for you Joe!

Russian_fanatic

Jan 19, 2004
sorry to tell you this, but people already knew this about him. Some people even go ahead and say he is the most CONSISTENT player all time. He is also clutch, and a great leader.

Enoch

This is my boomstick
Jul 2, 2003
Cookeville TN
I happen to believe he is the best money-playoff performer/big game performer in the league. The only one I would consider choosing over him on the forward side, would be Peter Forsberg, but even then.......Sakic's goal-scoring ability seems to elevate TREMENDOUSLY when he is playing in games that counts. Its almost like he feeds off the pressure, where others fail.

Kasparov*

I agree.

This guy is just so damn reliable ALL the time... its crazy. When hes on the ice you just feel so good knowing he won't let you down.

High flyin' Habs*

He is one of the best ever. When I think Joe Sakic the first thing that pops to my head is the 2002 winter olympics when he scored 2 goals.

Knucklez

Jan 1, 2004
Behind the bench!
Visit site
He's the backbone of Canada's offense, as well as the Avs'. When a big goal is needed, Joe always scores. He's my all-time favourite player and is one of the best pure Canadian goal scorers ever.

trahans99

Apr 7, 2004
Home of the 2005 Memorial Cup
Where does Sakic rank all time? Rank from 1980 on?

I'm guessing but IMO he'd be a top 15 all time player when all is said and done. He may not be in the top 15 all time points (or he may be) but he is Mr. Clutch and one of the best players ever IMO. Since he got drafted i'd say in the top 2 or 3, behind Gretz and Lemieux, yes he's better than Jagr (more consistent and big game performer)!!!!!!!!!!!

H/H

Aug 27, 2004
trahans99 said:
(more consistent and big game performer)!!!!!!!!!!!
He's had his fair share of dud seasons. Strangely enough, they usually come right after his greatest seasons.

H/H

Aug 27, 2004
Sorry I hurt your feelings.

If you want to know what I'm talking about, compare his MVP season in 2000-01 with 2001-2002.

Am I the only one that noticed Sakic and Forsberg rarely has an outstanding season at the same time? Seems Sakic falls back a little when Forsberg is in the line up and lighting it up, but whenever Forsberg's out he steps up the scoring.

trahans99

Apr 7, 2004
Home of the 2005 Memorial Cup
H/H said:
He's had his fair share of dud seasons. Strangely enough, they usually come right after his greatest seasons.

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/teams/player_bio.asp?player_id=831&hubName=COL

i'd like to know what dud seasons your talking about ...the past 3 years he's average a PPG when only a hand full of players have done that............and he's been injury plagued. You must be a Jagr fan and he's had a few dud seasons

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->