Dreger: Joe Sakic “slept on” offer for Tyson Barrie

Bertuzzzi44

Jun 26, 2018
Tanev+Virtanen+2020 1st (protected) for Barrie *contingent on Avs drafting Byrum
  • according to Adrian Dater on TSN 650 Vancouver radio

Reactions: Perratrooper

JoemAvs

Jul 2, 2011
Sakic’s not hunting tonight, he doesn’t need to trade away Barrie and he has no cap issues. It’s almost like you can’t have too many good players. Bennings been calling around for dman all week, good luck on getting one for Hutton and a 2nd.

Thats not entirely true. Given recent rumors it seems like the Avs will not extend Barrie and letting him walk for nothing 12 months from now certainly is not a desirable outcome for the Avs at all. Sure it beats trading him for Virtanen+ Hutton+ 2nd by a lot but its still not what we want to happen at all.

Best case scenario right now IMO is that he gets traded in the next 2-3 h for a decent return.
If its Vancouver I hope it involves us trading up from #16 to #10 personally (not as the main draw but as the secondary piece or so). Walking out of the draft with Byram + 1 of Cozens/Krebs/Newhook would make losing Barrie easier even if I don't like the deal we get for him (which is somewhat to be expected given that he only has 1 year left on his contract).

Yeah if Dater is right on that one, its pretty bad for the Avs. Really hope we also get to jump up to #10 from #16 or I will be pretty upset about it .

krutovsdonut

eeyore
Sep 25, 2016
Sakic’s not hunting tonight, he doesn’t need to trade away Barrie and he has no cap issues. It’s almost like you can’t have too many good players. Bennings been calling around for dman all week, good luck on getting one for Hutton and a 2nd.

i agree it is a longshot we get anyone if we only use our expendable assets. i'm ok with that. unless we are bringing back a key future asset i am just not interested in digging deeper. i hope canucks management feels the same way.

Reactions: GirardSpinorama

member 290103

Tanev+Virtanen+2020 1st (protected) for Barrie *contingent on Avs drafting Byrum
  • according to Adrian Dater on TSN 650 Vancouver radio

Wow. I'd be ok with that if it were second. Canucks are in no position to be moving 1sts though.

JoemAvs

Jul 2, 2011
It's gonna turn into:
Tanev+virtanen+2020 first protected for Barrie

then Tanev+Soderberg(at 50%) for Kadri and Marleau

I actually wouldn't mind that too much. Especially if it involves a pick swap with VAN. Not sure Toronto would go for that, though.

Echo Roku

Jan 14, 2018

So suddenly Dater's claimed offer is that they just throw in another plug with Tanev, lol?

If Avs don't like him, the new offer wouldn't still include him. So obvious Dater is making stuff up.

krutovsdonut

eeyore
Sep 25, 2016
Not sure why the AVs would even want Tanev since they need Forwards?

tanev makes sense if the avs have given up on getting a canuck first round pick though.

since sater is the one who put the tanev name out there it would suggest the avs leaked it, which suggests they have moved on from hitting a home run to getting the best value they can.

member 290103

So suddenly Dater's claimed offer is that they just throw in another plug with Tanev, lol?

If Avs don't like him, the new offer wouldn't still include him. So obvious Dater is making stuff up.

Dater's an idiot. Just because he has a great haircut and throws out rumours left and right does not mean he's tapped in.

Echo Roku

Jan 14, 2018
tanev makes sense if the avs have given up on getting a canuck first round pick though.

since sater is the one who put the tanev name out there it would suggest the avs leaked it, which suggests they have moved on from hitting a home run to getting the best value they can.
No, it does not make sense.

And fyi, chances are Dater is just making it up at this point. Or just speculating a TON on little information he did get.

Guy literally posted an article saying "Panarin has Avs as a potential destination" that's backing was "I had some phone calls recently and [insert speculation anyone could have thought]". AKA, he takes scraps of vague nonsense that makes it to him and blows it up into stuff that its not.

Patagonia

Keep Whining
Jan 6, 2017

AVs already have enough RHD.

Makar
EJ
Cole (plays both sides)
Meloche
Timmins

There is no room for an older player with an expiring contract. If there are any players the AVs covet it would be younger players or picks. I assume the core player wouldn't be available: Juolevi, Dahlen, DiPetro, Gaudette and Lind.

krutovsdonut

eeyore
Sep 25, 2016
No, it does not make sense.

And fyi, chances are Dater is just making it up at this point. Or just speculating a TON on little information he did get.

Guy literally posted an article saying "Panarin has Avs as a potential destination" that's backing was "I had some phone calls recently and [insert speculation anyone could have thought]". AKA, he takes scraps of vague nonsense that makes it to him and blows it up into stuff that its not.

cool, well then we can strike out the canucks first rounder discussion on your basis also since that rumour comes from dater.

either way i am good.

wetcoast

Nov 20, 2018
Sakic wouldn’t sleep on that. If Vancouver offered Horvat for Barrie Sakic would have accepted in a second.

Pretty much this and Benning would have been fired.

Word is that the Canucks are offering Virtanen and their 2020 first.

I like Barrie and I'm not a fan of Virtanen but losing that 2020 first is too much ask IMO.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad