Joe Rogan moving from Youtube to Spotify

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
Doubtful, he's been saying for years he doesn't read comments.

I can see him not reading the comments because he knows they are shitty

honestly it’s the case for most YouTube videos but the comment section under his podcasts consist of the dumbest incels in the country

I would’ve said it probably bothers him but he willingly has Gavin McInnes on his show to tell us that half the Muslim world is inbred so now that I think of it he absolutely does not care about that dumbass comment section because he himself isn’t all that bright for allowing that on his show

people need to hold him more responsible when he gives men like that a platform, it’s irresponsible....it can’t just be “well he’s a comedian having an open conversation with his friends”

that’s my little rant for the morning. And don’t get me wrong, I do like Rogan’s podcast most of the time. All points of view don’t need to be represented on there though, especially when it’s ridiculous rhetoric that’s more or less allowed to spread unchecked. I’d love for him to be able to do everything he wanted but we are at a point where he legitimately influences people and he is idolized by many. He himself says it’s stupid to prop him up. So when he gives guys who say Sandy Hook wasn’t real a platform it’s disgusting to me because he’s then joking around with the guy for hours and making him appear in a good light for his millions of viewers, half of which hang on Rogans approval/validation for pretty much everything. Just my 2 cents.

Edit: yup, and just like that I click a JRE clip from a recent podcast and the comment section is rampant anti-semitism and people complaining about youtube “censorship” of dumbass conspiracies (which is hilarious because I bet 75% identify as libertarian yet they want the government to interfere with a private company)

Last edited:

PB37

Mr Selke
Oct 1, 2002
Maine
Yeah, the youtube section of Joe Rogan videos is littered with crackpot conspiracy nuts. Youtube education at it's finest.

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
I can see him not reading the comments because he knows they are shitty

honestly it’s the case for most YouTube videos but the comment section under his podcasts consist of the dumbest incels in the country

I would’ve said it probably bothers him but he willingly has Gavin McInnes on his show to tell us that half the Muslim world is inbred so now that I think of it he absolutely does not care about that dumbass comment section because he himself isn’t all that bright for allowing that on his show

people need to hold him more responsible when he gives men like that a platform, it’s irresponsible....it can’t just be “well he’s a comedian having an open conversation with his friends”

that’s my little rant for the morning. And don’t get me wrong, I do like Rogan’s podcast most of the time. All points of view don’t need to be represented on there though, especially when it’s ridiculous rhetoric that’s more or less allowed to spread unchecked. I’d love for him to be able to do everything he wanted but we are at a point where he legitimately influences people and he is idolized by many. He himself says it’s stupid to prop him up. So when he gives guys who say Sandy Hook wasn’t real a platform it’s disgusting to me because he’s then joking around with the guy for hours and making him appear in a good light for his millions of viewers, half of which hang on Rogans approval/validation for pretty much everything. Just my 2 cents.

Edit: yup, and just like that I click a JRE clip from a recent podcast and the comment section is rampant anti-semitism and people complaining about youtube “censorship” of dumbass conspiracies (which is hilarious because I bet 75% identify as libertarian yet they want the government to interfere with a private company)
Because as we all know people with a different world view from us should never be humanized, or spoken to in general.

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
Because as we all know people with a different world view from us should never be humanized, or spoken to in general.

If you want to call harassing the parents of a school shooting or blatant racism “a different worldview” then by all means, go off king

they can be spoken to, they just shouldn’t be platformed for millions to listen to. Especially when a decent chunk of those millions take everything said on the show as gospel

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
If you want to call harassing the parents of a school shooting or blatant racism “a different worldview” then by all means, go off king

they can be spoken to, they just shouldn’t be platformed for millions to listen to. Especially when a decent chunk of those millions take everything said on the show as gospel
I think that's a problem with society not a problem with the show.

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
I think that's a problem with society not a problem with the show.

Yeah and I’m saying he shouldn’t have the people that are partially responsible for that problem in society on the show, which has a massive audience and a lot of influence.

again, I like the podcast. I listen to it and watch clips of it pretty frequently. I like Joe Rogan, I think he’s genuinely a good guy. But it’s just a criticism of his podcast that in my opinion has a lot of validity.

Chaels Arms

Formerly Lias Andersson
Aug 26, 2010
New York City
Out of all my subscription services, of which there are now many, Spotify is the one I have gotten the most value out of. They could probably triple the subscription price and I'd still have no problem paying it. And I've never even used it for podcasts before.

pistolpete11

Apr 27, 2013
I pay for Spotify for music and love it, so this isn't a big deal to me. However, they have at least one major flaw with their podcast section. There is no way to mark all episodes as played. It's a pretty basic feature, so I expect they will add it, but JRE is coming up on 1500 episodes and a bunch of other podcasts I listen to have hundreds as well. It would make it so much easier to organize, but I'm not going through 1 by 1 to mark them all as played. So I'll keep using my other podcast app until that happens. Once it happens, it will be great to have music and podcasts in one spot.

I say good for Joe, though. f*** Youtube for their censorship. JRE will still be free and he's just licensing the show to Spotify. They didn't buy it, so Joe will still be free to have whoever he wants on and say what he wants. It's still going to be a massive show so I don't see them losing any guests, especially since the clips will still be on YouTube.

I just hope this doesn't start an exclusive war between Spotify, Apple Music, YouTube, whatever else is out there or else there will be a lot of podcasts I stop listening to. Although, it probably will just like Netflix, Amazon, etc. Oh well, I guess that's the world we live in now and there will be no shortage of content to listen to.

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
I pay for Spotify for music and love it, so this isn't a big deal to me. However, they have at least one major flaw with their podcast section. There is no way to mark all episodes as played. It's a pretty basic feature, so I expect they will add it, but JRE is coming up on 1500 episodes and a bunch of other podcasts I listen to have hundreds as well. It would make it so much easier to organize, but I'm not going through 1 by 1 to mark them all as played. So I'll keep using my other podcast app until that happens. Once it happens, it will be great to have music and podcasts in one spot.

I say good for Joe, though. f*** Youtube for their censorship. JRE will still be free and he's just licensing the show to Spotify. They didn't buy it, so Joe will still be free to have whoever he wants on and say what he wants. It's still going to be a massive show so I don't see them losing any guests, especially since the clips will still be on YouTube.

I just hope this doesn't start an exclusive war between Spotify, Apple Music, YouTube, whatever else is out there or else there will be a lot of podcasts I stop listening to. Although, it probably will just like Netflix, Amazon, etc. Oh well, I guess that's the world we live in now and there will be no shortage of content to listen to.

wondery was trying to poach a major podcast from Barstool, I think we are gonna see the Great Podcast Wars of 2020. Shits going down this year in the world of podcasting

pistolpete11

Apr 27, 2013
You won't need a sub to listen to his podcasts, correct?
You have to have a Spotify account, but you can have the free version. I guess the unknown (at least to me) is how the ads will work on the free version. Is Spotify just going to take a cut of what Joe already does? Or are they going to add extra ads throughout the show? I'd guess it is closer to the former than the later. Joe has always been very anti breaking up the show with ads.

chicagoskycam

Land of #1 Overall Picks
Nov 19, 2009
Fulton Market, Chicago
chicagoskycam.com
You have to have a Spotify account, but you can have the free version. I guess the unknown (at least to me) is how the ads will work on the free version. Is Spotify just going to take a cut of what Joe already does? Or are they going to add extra ads throughout the show? I'd guess it is closer to the former than the later. Joe has always been very anti breaking up the show with ads.

Yeah, they are always at the beginning and easy to skip through with Apple. I can't imagine Spotify paid all this money not to monetize it.

Last edited:

vladdy16

Aug 2, 2005
I think Joe Rogan is clearly a kind hearted person that tries to do right by others.

At the same time I think he lacks artistic and intellectual integrity to the point where he ends up pursuing and justifying personal interests to a manipulative and inflammatory degree, and I believe in the end, his abandonment of the YouTube battleground, in favor of a fat check, will bear out that he maybe wasn't always, but is certainly now, more interested in a gravy train, than a platform.

pistolpete11

Apr 27, 2013
I think Joe Rogan is clearly a kind hearted person that tries to do right by others.

At the same time I think he lacks artistic and intellectual integrity to the point where he ends up pursuing and justifying personal interests to a manipulative and inflammatory degree, and I believe in the end, his abandonment of the YouTube battleground, in favor of a fat check, will bear out that he maybe wasn't always, but is certainly now, more interested in a gravy train, than a platform.
You're going to question his integrity because you have to change which free platform you use to listen to his show? Seems...harsh.

I don't see why people are surprised by this. He's been railing against Youtube censorship for a long time now and how it sucks there are no alternatives. Well, now Spotify has offered him an alternative and he took it. Seems to track.

I guess maybe the dollar figure is surprising, but he's making a f***ton of money from his podcast already. It's just more out in the open now.

vladdy16

Aug 2, 2005
You're going to question his integrity because you have to change which free platform you use to listen to his show? Seems...harsh.

Sorry, was being overly concise. I've watched and listened and been sympathetic to the guy for years. That's where my impression that he doesn't really follow through on his convictions, and is more happy to muck around in the shallow end and then move on comes from.

So, so far, the move to spotify fits in with that impression, and I'm not holding out hope that he is going over to Spotify to be a pioneer for independent media. He's been the opposite of that so far.

I don't see why people are surprised by this. He's been railing against Youtube censorship for a long time now and how it sucks there are no alternatives. Well, now Spotify has offered him an alternative and he took it. Seems to track.

I guess maybe the dollar figure is surprising, but he's making a f***ton of money from his podcast already. It's just more out in the open now.

Joe has an entire company devoted to copyright striking youtube channels. He has used it to censor youtube. And he has propped up the victim complex of some of the most disingenuous, factually misleading, lying sacks of shits as he virtue signals his warped interpretation of unnecessary censorship.

There are real problems on YouTube. People like Joe Rogan and Tim Pool are not the victims, they are the perpetrators, imo.

Haha, I do like the guy overall though. I hope this move lights a fire for him, and he starts researching the things he talks about, especially fights and fighters.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->