Value of: Joe Pavelski

TomasHertlsRooster

Don’t say eye test when you mean points
May 14, 2012
Fremont, CA
If the Sharks look to acquire one of the elite players who is rumored to be available, such as Erik Karlsson or Dougie Hamilton, it is possible they could trade Pavelski with the hopes of acquiring an elite prospect or a young player with a lot of value.

What young piece would your team give up for Joe Pavelski?

DFF

Feb 28, 2002
Joe Pavelski for Hamilton could be interesting (im not a fan of either team)

Calgary needs offense, and has extra D.
SJ probably would do this deal to get younger... of course CGY might decline the deal for this reason alone.

You are right. It's stupid for the Flames to trade one of their best young players for a 33 yrs old slow guy

Reactions: Vali Maki Sushi

TomasHertlsRooster

Don’t say eye test when you mean points
May 14, 2012
Fremont, CA
Joe Pavelski for Hamilton could be interesting (im not a fan of either team)

Calgary needs offense, and has extra D.
SJ probably would do this deal to get younger... of course CGY might decline the deal for this reason alone.

I would trade Joe Pavelski and Josh Norris (2017 1st round pick) along with the 21st overall in 2018 for Dougie Hamilton and I would expect Flames fans to slap me in the face for suggesting that.

Gecklund

Jul 17, 2012
California
The world isn't falling. The Sharks lost and didn't win the cup like 30 other teams in the league. We should stay the course. If we can't get Tavares then we sign Jumbo and possibly Kane and maybe another FA or two and let our young players develop.

Mobiandi

Jan 17, 2015
I would trade Joe Pavelski and Josh Norris (2017 1st round pick) along with the 21st overall in 2018 for Dougie Hamilton and I would expect Flames fans to slap me in the face for suggesting that.
Picks and prospects don't help us. It would start with Couture

Price is Wright

Feb 5, 2010
essex
The world isn't falling. The Sharks lost and didn't win the cup like 30 other teams in the league. We should stay the course. If we can't get Tavares then we sign Jumbo and possibly Kane and maybe another FA or two and let our young players develop.

Signing Kane should be a must.

DJN21

Aug 8, 2011
Rochester
He'd be the perfect guy to help right the locker room in Buffalo and I'd love to have him next to eichel...perfect match. That being said the sabres have next to nothing to offer in what would be a luxury type of trade at this point.

Blackjack

Feb 13, 2003
keyjhboardd +bro]ke
Visit site
I don’t think so. He didn’t really help us in the playoffs this year and his value is probably lower at the TDL.

Maybe, obviously you watch a lot more SJS than I do, but I'll just point out that almost all of the teams that battled to get into the playoffs at the end of the year, New Jersey, Philly, Columbus, L.A., Anaheim, and Colorado, all went out very quickly in the first round. San Jose is the only team that made it to the second round. Battling down the stretch takes a lot out of guys, especially an older team. Vegas was able to cruise down the stretch and I think that did make a difference.

Pavelski is 33, will be 34 for next season, so yeah, that's beyond his peak, but I think he has some good productive years left. If the Devils had any pieces I would love for them to get Pavelski.

Pinkfloyd

Oct 29, 2006
Folsom
Pavelski has a three team trade list so most places would require his okay to go there. My guess would be any team other than the Blues, Wild, and Hawks would need his approval. Having said that, when such a clause exists in a contract with one year left, the return tends to be small. I don't know what anyone would offer but if I'm trading him, I'm asking for a 1st round pick back and anything else would probably be gravy. And if the Sharks expect to compete next year, that kind of trade doesn't really happen. Even if the Sharks wanted to go out and get someone like Hamilton, they're not going to trade Pavelski to facilitate that move. They will trade guys that are likely lacking in movement clauses to make it easier so guys like Boedker or Karlsson or Dillon or Braun.

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
Pavelski has a three team trade list so most places would require his okay to go there. My guess would be any team other than the Blues, Wild, and Hawks would need his approval. Having said that, when such a clause exists in a contract with one year left, the return tends to be small. I don't know what anyone would offer but if I'm trading him, I'm asking for a 1st round pick back and anything else would probably be gravy. And if the Sharks expect to compete next year, that kind of trade doesn't really happen. Even if the Sharks wanted to go out and get someone like Hamilton, they're not going to trade Pavelski to facilitate that move. They will trade guys that are likely lacking in movement clauses to make it easier so guys like Boedker or Karlsson or Dillon or Braun.

Ah 3 team ntc makes it a lil more complicated, but I feel like a majority of NHL teams would be interested if he became available.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad