Blue Jays Discussion: Joe Panik: the hero we deserve

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tony Romo

Sep 25, 2011
A lot of good, interesting stories out there... Especially on some of the older greats.

Jeter is not one of those interesting ones.
Yeah, I'm not surprised they made one on Jeter, won't be surprised if they make one on David Ortiz soon.

I think i'd for sure watch a Barry Bonds one, but that's the only one I see 100% but i'm sure we will see tons with how popular the "Last Dance" was. Already been a Tiger one, and Jeter one confirmed and I think Brady?

Reactions: BertCorbeau

BertCorbeau

F*ck cancer - RIP Fugu and Buffaloed
Jan 6, 2012
Simcoe County
@The Nemesis this one's for you

Live look at @The Nemesis

3tIOH8.gif

Fantomas

Aug 7, 2012
This, with the additional add-ons that the run differential is legit, they're one of only four teams in the AL to have a winning record against .500+ teams and they've played 64% of their games on the road.

They've played 100% of their games on the road.

The Nemesis

Semper Tyrannus
Apr 11, 2005
Langley, BC
Be more interesting if they talk about his salacious love life. Gift baskets anyone?

If it's being done by Spike Lee they won't do anything salacious. He's too much of a New York sports fanboy for him to not just worship the ground Jeter walks on. It's going to be wall-to-wall gushing about how he's a leader and one of the best of all time and he was destined for greatness as a young player and now he's ascended to the top of the mountain to run a team through charm and his innate force of pure winningness.

EDIT: it's also being produced in association with The Players' Tribune, which if I'm not mistaken was headed up by Jeter when it was founded. There's pretty much a less than zero chance it'll cover anything controversial or unbecoming about Jeter's personal or professional life. It'll just end up as yet another glowing, mythologizing, awestruck monument to the wonder that is the greatest human being to ever walk onto a baseball field.

Last edited:

dredeye

BJ Elitist/Hipster
Mar 3, 2008
Aw man, I thought I was the only one who did that
Nah man. All the cool cats do it. I always make sure I’ve got at least a couple head shots in the truck at all times. You never know where the day will take you

Reactions: Cor

phillipmike

Oct 27, 2009
Papelbon on scrappy Jays, going to Washington instead of Toronto, Halladay - Sportsnet.ca
[Hunter] It was an open secret in 2015 that the Blue Jays Jays had interest in Jonathan Papelbon. He said here on FAN590 the Phillies gave him the choice of going to the Nats or Blue Jays - and we all know how that turned out.

Having Papelbon for the batflip game and the bench clearing brawl in 2016 would have been fun.

But i dont know how this guy is in the media, in this interview he can barely put a sentence together at times.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad