Player Discussion Joe Morrow - I'm Sexy And I Know It Edition

Whitesnake

If you rebuild, they will come.
Jan 5, 2003
He's awesome. He has so many points lately in the NHL right now. And Markov is having a tougher time in the KHL lately. Hence, who needs Markov when you have Morrow.

Anyway, I read that somewhere....:laugh:

Treb

Global Flanderator
May 31, 2011
Montreal
He's awesome. He has so many points lately in the NHL right now. And Markov is having a tougher time in the KHL lately. Hence, who needs Markov when you have Morrow.

Anyway, I read that somewhere....:laugh:

Shame we let superstar Joel Hanley go or we'd have a great first pair :sarcasm:

Reactions: Whitesnake

BBQ Chicken Alert!
Feb 20, 2003
Ottawa
At least Morrow is better than Beaulieu....

Not that that says much lol

Tyson

Mar 1, 2007
Texas

They are very similar. Both drafted in the first round of 2011. Both considered fast, offensive defensemen.

Fast forward and you have two young D still developing. I would say at this point that Morrow has replaced Beaulieu.

Julien uses him 3 on 3, on the PP and PK, and the last minute of some games.

LaP

Jun 27, 2012
Quebec City, Canada

I don't think he is better. Less dumb maybe. But Beaulieu highs were higher than Morrow highs. So if one day Beaulieu can cut the dumb in his game he's gonne be better than Morrow. I still see Beaulieu having a career similar to Hainsey. Not sure about Morrow. If i must make a choice i take Beaulieu easily.

BBQ Chicken Alert!
Feb 20, 2003
Ottawa
I don't think he is better. Less dumb maybe. But Beaulieu highs were higher than Morrow highs. So if one day Beaulieu can cut the dumb in his game he's gonne be better than Morrow. I still see Beaulieu having a career similar to Hainsey. Not sure about Morrow. If i must make a choice i take Beaulieu easily.
Only difference i see in both is Morrow is cheaper

SpeedyPotato

Mar 29, 2012
I actually kinda like Morrow, didn't think much of his acquisition, but with some work in the D-zone, he could maybe become a potent 3-4 Dman who knows ? Season is pretty much lost, I'd play him 18-20 minutes see if improvement can be made defensively.

schnapshot

Mendoza baby
Jan 8, 2015
Montreal
Don't hate him. I think he's still developing (maybe wishful thinking) but he's having his best offensive season with us PPG wise :laugh:

Definitely shouldn't play higher than bottom pairing though.

Mike Mike Caron

Aug 29, 2010
Remember when McGuire said that Beaulieu could be part of a top-4 à la Nashville in Buffalo. I was like "Have you watched him play?" Sometimes the guy forgets he is on the ice, i feel he's daydreaming out there.

Tyson

Mar 1, 2007
Texas
Morrow played 2 strong games this weekend. A Jekyll and Hyde player of sorts. Is this his upside or can he get better?

He has great speed and a surprisingly hard shot. Julien even uses him to kill penalties.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad