Recalled/Assigned: Joe Hicketts Recalled

Hatter of the Beach

I’m the real hero
Jun 26, 2017
Parkland Estates, Florida
They all suck. McIlrath, Chelios, Hicketts, etc aren't NHL caliber players and don't deserve a look unless it's an emergency
For their cap hits they really are not that much worse than Daley and Ericsson these days. At least theyre playing with something to prove.

I seriously doubt we’d go on this hot streak if people like Abdelkader and Daley were still playing big minutes. That said, youre right, they all suck as long term NHLers

RedWingsfan55

Jan 5, 2015
They all suck. McIlrath, Chelios, Hicketts, etc aren't NHL caliber players and don't deserve a look unless it's an emergency

Yet we won 6 of our last 7?

Good thing we keep Daley's, green, kronwall and Ericsson, they're leading us to the promise land.

Lazlo Hollyfeld

The jersey ad still sucks
Mar 4, 2004
Yet we won 6 of our last 7?

Good thing we keep Daley's, green, kronwall and Ericsson, they're leading us to the promise land.
We didn't win those games because of Chelios and McIlrath.

Daley, Green, Kronwall, and Ericsson are what they are, but that's still NHL defensemen. Hicketts, Chelios and McIlrath are not.

They're only getting looks because our blueline is thin to begin with and now riddled with injuries.

Reactions: The Zetterberg Era

RedWingsfan55

Jan 5, 2015
We didn't win those games because of Chelios and McIlrath.

Daley, Green, Kronwall, and Ericsson are what they are, but that's still NHL defensemen. Hicketts, Chelios and McIlrath are not.

They're only getting looks because our blueline is thin to begin with and now riddled with injuries.

That's highly debatable. Kronwall shouldnt ever be on the ice again.

Lazlo Hollyfeld

The jersey ad still sucks
Mar 4, 2004
That's highly debatable. Kronwall shouldnt ever be on the ice again.
it's really not. There's a large gap between Hicketts and even Kronwall and his busted knees. Plus Kronwall has actually been pretty good this year.

That's not to say I want him back next season, but people seem to underestimate just how hard it is to be a defenseman in the NHL so it's often grass is always greener syndrome.

RedWingsfan55

Jan 5, 2015
it's really not. There's a large gap between Hicketts and even Kronwall and his busted knees. Plus Kronwall has actually been pretty good this year.

That's not to say I want him back next season, but people seem to underestimate just how hard it is to be a defenseman in the NHL so it's often grass is always greener syndrome.

No it's a the veterans suck ass syndrome. They led to this teams downfall. They are the reason we suck.

The kids are winning. The kids deserve to get their shot. Maybe they're worse, maybe they're not. The only way we know is by letting them play, and given our current injury situations and place in the standings, this is the perfect opportunity for them.

And no kronwall let's slow players skate right by him. He doesn't belong in the NHL any more, he cant keep up.

The Zetterberg Era

Ball Hockey Sucks
Nov 8, 2011
Ft. Myers, FL
Not sure I follow this argument, we literally had the worst start in the league playing mostly the kids on our back-end. Sorry it doesn't scan. We have seen an uptick because of the goaltending the last two weeks and the kids up front going bananas, not unlike our heater in November... Now if the argument is we suck no matter what and let's NHL 19 style this business then fine Hicketts should still sit in the minors because he doesn't have a future with this team really and isn't a good enough young player to justify sitting through his mistakes. He isn't better than one-legged Kronwall, not even close. He isn't really even in the neighborhood of Ericsson or Daley either.

I wouldn't even offer Hicketts a contract this summer. I mean I like the guy and there aren't many that try harder, but he isn't a NHL guy and I think we have enough organizational depth to move on from him at this point. I know that seems angry, but sorry I cannot take seriously the Hicketts is an answer crowd, guy is a very good AHL player and a spectacular human being, so is Lashoff.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad