Joe Finley

Murph1844

Apr 21, 2006
Where is Joe Finley playing this year? He was drafted by Washington and played for North Dakota last year. But I did not see him on their roster this year so I was just wondering if anyone knew where he was playing. Thanks

Hunter Gathers

The Crown
Feb 27, 2002
parts unknown
I think that Finley is a 4 year college player, but I also still hold out very high hopes for the kid. Here's hoping to a better year this year.

Drake1588

UNATCO
Sponsor
Jul 2, 2002
Northern Virginia
He was kept out of the Sioux' recent game(s) due to a minor groin injury, I understand.

Finley's size and willingness to use it have impressed me in the dozen or so games I've caught on the Fox college sports packages. I believe the Caps like that they can let him percolate in their system for a few years, and won't rush him. Yet from the college scouts that have been on the team's podcasts in the past year, they are certainly watching him closely and happy with his progress. He's not fallen off Washington's radar by any means.

Hunter Gathers

The Crown
Feb 27, 2002
parts unknown
I'll give it a 1% chance that Finley stays for 4 years.

If he doesn't than the Caps are Pejorative Slured for rushing him. The guy's skating is not NHL/AHL level yet. He's still learning to use his body, etc etc. He definately needs time. I watched him prior to the NCAA and have been watching him since he's entered it. Granted, he's improved a lot, but he has a WAYS to go.

Zine

Feb 28, 2002
Rostov-on-Don
Players like Finley take a long time to develop. He looks pretty good considering. He has the potential to be a really good NHL defensive defenseman.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->