Joe Corvo And Jiri Tlusty

PARKYRULES

Feb 6, 2013
What are your thoughts on these 2 guys making an impact the past couple of games for Carolina? I really like the way Joe Corvo has been playing. Seems like he wants to be out there and being very offensive. And for Tlusty, playing with Semin and Staal he seems to be a good finisher. Also on the 1st PP unit with them. Are these guys gonna keep it up? Tell me what you think.

Brock Anton

flames #badnwagon
Nov 8, 2009
Westerly, RI
Impossible to say weather they'll keep it up. But barring any injuries, Tlusty-Eric-Semin will continue to be the top line and will score some points.

Corvo, I'm going to give him credit for once. He's played pretty well in the past couple games. Will this last? No. But it is nice to see.

PARKYRULES

Feb 6, 2013
His goal tonight against the leafs really impressed me. He also has had many chances. Well see.

Lazyking

Never Forget
Oct 15, 2011
Connecticut
See, Corvo is still gonna suck defensively. He's not going to get any faster and unless they play defense like they did tonight (they won't) he'll still be exposed.

I'm not saying he's not playing well but unfortunately, we need others to step up defensively to really make his offense cancel out his **** defense.

Roboturner913

Jul 3, 2012
Right now, at this moment, Corvo is playing as well as he did in his first stint with the Canes. When he is confident he's a solid player and well worth playing despite the risks he takes. Long-term I don't see it, but he's shown he can be a good player over 50-60 game stretches in the past.

I am so impressed with Tlusty. He's such a physical, tenacious player and smart too. In a lot of ways he makes that line work because so much of what they do is cycling and puck possession and that's his specialty, IMO. he's really transformed himself as a player.

geehaad

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 24, 2006
Joe Corvo is not playing differently in any significant way than he has in the past.

Beardy*

What are your thoughts on these 2 guys making an impact the past couple of games for Carolina? I really like the way Joe Corvo has been playing. Seems like he wants to be out there and being very offensive. And for Tlusty, playing with Semin and Staal he seems to be a good finisher. Also on the 1st PP unit with them. Are these guys gonna keep it up? Tell me what you think.

I'm not overly surprised with Tlusty. I actually kind of expected him to have a breakout season a little bit. He's always played very well when paired with Eric, and he's willing to stick his nose into the play on the boards and do the dirty work to get the puck to Staal and Semin. And then getting into the right positioning when he doesn't have the puck to be the beneficiary when one of the other 2 makes an incredible pass... Its just working beautifully. I'd be willing to say for the price we pay him, he's the best fit to play on this first line in the entire league.

Corvo? Ehhh... Impressed with his play of late, but lets not get carried away. He has stretches where he can play really well, and he has stretches where he can play really, really bad. I just hope we continue to see more of the good than the bad.

Joe McGrath

Oct 29, 2009
Joe Corvo is not playing differently in any significant way than he has in the past.

I think the thing that gets lost with the way Corvo played last night was that he did it on his off-side. It's a real difficult thing to do for a lot of defenseman and RH shots especially since its very rare they would have to do it (save for a PP just for the one timers). I was really impressed with how easily he was able to do that. He also saved a goal with a stick lift that seems to be a foreign concept to half of our defenseman. All in all he was a deserving 1st star last night.

TheBigKahuna

Dec 6, 2010
Canes Country
I miss Paradis :D

Eddie's got two tickets for ya......

Money.jpg

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad