Confirmed with Link: Joe Bowen and Jim Ralph sign 5 year extension

kb

Aug 28, 2009
Met him and Ralphie in a Nashville establishment after the 5-2 thrashing of the Preds to break their ridiculously long unbeaten streak. They saw our jerseys and sought us out to talk. Great guys!

Last edited:

FlareKnight

Jun 26, 2006
Alberta
I'm really glad they are sticking around. Honestly I need to be listening to Bowen calling the biggest games for the Leafs. Just wish he was put on the TV broadcast. The passion he puts out puts every single TV guy the Leafs get for their games to shame.

Oh well. Will continue my standard plan. Pause the game on tv and sync it up to the radio timing and just mute the TV. Not perfect, but does the job.

Le Cobra

Rent A Goalie
Nov 11, 2015
Toronto The Good
Just imagine this in Bowen’s voice:
“Now Auston Mattthews skates it deep into the Canadiens’ zone..Tavares skating alongside him..Matthews passes it to Panarin..Panarin behind the Canadiens’ net..passes it back to Marner..who makes a nifty move. Marner shoots. BIG REBOUND! Tavares scoops up the puck HE SCOOOOOORES!!! HOLY MACKINAW WHAT A GOAL by the new Captain!!!! The Leafs strike again! We will return after a short commercial break. It’s the Leafs 11, Habs 2.”

Last edited:

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002
Good for him, such a pleasant man.

I take my daughter to many games with me and one day found ourselves wandering around early, I saw Joe so went over and introduced ourselves to him.
We chatted for a bit, he commented on my daughters ginger hair and he called McGill over to say hello which was nice. What blew me away though was a few months later while walking through the building we ran into him again and this time he came to us, asked how we'd been and remarked how he remembered meeting us because of my daughters hair.

shakes

Pep City
Aug 20, 2003
Visit site
I love Bowen and wish he was on TV but I do understand why he's not. He's such a huge homer and I imagine Sportsnet wants a more unbiased announcer. It's fine for the announcers to be critical, almost too critical, but homer announcers can come across as unprofessional on TV since they have to appeal to many fans, not just Leaf fans and yes, this includes regional broadcasts too.

Reactions: White Shadow

Brown Dog

Jun 23, 2007
If I found a genie in a bottle, one of my 3 wishes would be getting Joe Bowen back on the regional TV broadcasts.

Reactions: The Cobra

willmma

Jan 5, 2017
At times I've tried to watch the game on tv but listen to the broadcast on the radio. The problem I have is that they are not in sync. Does anybody know how to offset radio to sync them?

Peiskos

Jan 4, 2018
What are the criticisms against Joe Bowen? that he's a homer? so its okay for the Bruins to have Jack Edwards for all their games but the Leafs can't get Joe Bowen? the problem here is that Toronto doesn't have its own exclusive broadcasting organization that specifically covers only Toronto teams like Boston has with NESN (New England Sports Network)

What we need is a Toronto exclusive sports network, it can be called the Greater Toronto Area Sports Network (GTASN) and we can place Joe Bowen at the very head of the television broadcasting. Its the only way Joe will return to TV that's the reality.

Better yet didn't select games used to be broadcast on Leafs TV too? does that still happen? theoretically couldn't Leafs TV broadcast all games and have Joe Bowen call them?

Last edited:

Peiskos

Jan 4, 2018
Just imagine this in Bowen’s voice:
“Now Auston Mattthews skates it deep into the Canadiens’ zone..Tavares skating alongside him..Matthews passes it to Panarin..Panarin behind the Canadiens’ net..passes it back to Marner..who makes a nifty move. Marner shoots. BIG REBOUND! Tavares scoops up the puck HE SCOOOOOORES!!! HOLY MACKINAW WHAT A GOAL by the new Captain!!!! The Leafs strike again! We will return after a short commercial break. It’s the Leafs 11, Habs 2.”

Sounds wonderful, its a little unrealistic though..should be Leafs 11, Habs 0.

Brock Radunske

안양종합운동장 빙상장
Aug 8, 2012
Met him and Ralphie in a Nashville establishment after the 5-2 thrashing of the Preds to break their ridiculously long unbeaten streak. They saw our jerseys and sought us out to talk. Great guys!
I spoke to them outside the Bell Centre after the game a couple years ago. Really welcoming to talk to fans.
Ralphy might have been a few deep, though lol

Reactions: kb

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->