Joaquin Phoenix to play the Joker in standalone movie

CaptainCrunch67

Aug 23, 2005
Probably wait to see the reviews and wait for it to show up on a streaming service. Especially after the suicide squad debacle.

ProstheticConscience

Check dein Limit
Apr 30, 2010
Canuck Nation
Told my wife (hardcore Batman, Joker and Harley Quinn fan) about this yesterday. She blew up. Honestly. Shouting at the computer screen and everything. Legit the maddest I've seen her in years.

Trap Jesus

Feb 13, 2012
What ever happened to Leto? I know Suicide Squad was panned but I thought there was talk of him getting a movie. I like Phoenix but how many times can you reboot this crap?

Tkachuk4MVP

32 Years of Fail
Apr 15, 2006
San Diego, CA
Leto is still getting his own movie from what I've heard.

Told my wife (hardcore Batman, Joker and Harley Quinn fan) about this yesterday. She blew up. Honestly. Shouting at the computer screen and everything. Legit the maddest I've seen her in years.

Wait, so your wife is not happy that Joaquin freakin Phoenix is playing the Joker?

Samkow

Now do Classical Gas
Jul 4, 2002
Detroit
Hope he brings the Joker back to his Cesar Romano roots instead of just being the generic socipath he's been.

Reactions: Eisen

Tkachuk4MVP

32 Years of Fail
Apr 15, 2006
San Diego, CA
She really, really hates that actor. A quote from her tantrum: "Why don't they just make a Joker movie with Barry ****ing Pepper?!"

Note: Barry Pepper is another actor she really, really hates.

Lol, those are two really random actors to hate. Phoenix is one of the best actors working today, and Pepper’s pretty solid as well.

karnige

Real Life FTL
Oct 18, 2006
How do you so quickly go from Christopher Nolan making the greatest superhero trilogy ever to DC continuously making stupid decision after stupid decision?
uh there no nolan directing it? least the animated movies are solid

WingsMJN2965

Oct 13, 2017

Oh I'm clear on that, but just because his genius isn't around doesn't mean it needs to be the dumpster fire that it is.

... Then again handing the reigns to a turd like Zack Snyder explains it.

ProstheticConscience

Check dein Limit
Apr 30, 2010
Canuck Nation
Lol, those are two really random actors to hate. Phoenix is one of the best actors working today, and Pepper’s pretty solid as well.
There were a couple of movies she despised that caused her to hate those actors forevermore. Can't remember which ones off the top of my head.

But Batman, Joker and Harley Quinn she's really touchy about generally.

TheAngryHank

Expert
May 28, 2008
There were a couple of movies she despised that caused her to hate those actors forevermore. Can't remember which ones off the top of my head.

But Batman, Joker and Harley Quinn she's really touchy about generally.
I get it, i basically refuse to watch anything with Samuel L Jackson. He ruins movies.

Reactions: Nizdizzle

GarbageGoal

Courage
Dec 1, 2005
RI
What ever happened to Leto? I know Suicide Squad was panned but I thought there was talk of him getting a movie. I like Phoenix but how many times can you reboot this crap?

They will keep doing rebooting and recasting until someone likes one of these damn films (Wonder Woman being the exception)

BigBadBruins7708

Dec 11, 2017
Las Vegas
They will keep doing rebooting and recasting until someone likes one of these damn films (Wonder Woman being the exception)

worked for Hulk and Spiderman

keep recasting and rebooting until you find the right actor.

Bana to Norton finally to Ruffalo

Maguire to Garfield finally to Holland

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House

Well, Batman Ninja sucked and Death Of Superman seemd to be missing a lot of things like Supes suddenly being with Lois Lane after being with Wonder Woman in the previous one. In general it also felt like something WWE Creative would have come up with in two minutes.

And why hasn't this thread been merged with the longer one yet?

Rodgerwilco

Entertainment boards w/ some Hockey mixed in.
Feb 6, 2014
I don't think I've ever seen a performance by Joaquin Pheonix that I didn't think was good. He's a great actor, and I can really see him absolutely killing this role (in a good way).

Reactions: Dubi Doo

GarbageGoal

Courage
Dec 1, 2005
RI
worked for Hulk and Spiderman

keep recasting and rebooting until you find the right actor.

Bana to Norton finally to Ruffalo

Maguire to Garfield finally to Holland

With Marvel this has been an exception, not a rule. And Spider Man is an age limited character.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad