Jiri Tlusty to be sent to Sault Ste. Marie?

Discussion in 'NHL Draft - Prospects' started by leafaholix*, Oct 24, 2006.

View Users: View Users
  1. leafaholix*

leafaholix* Guest

Apparently he'll be sent to the OHL soon, from the Toronto Marlies (AHL). He's 18 years old, 3 goals and 4 points in 6 games this season with Toronto.

How do you think he'll do in the OHL, statistically?

Any Greyhounds fans around?

2. Grabner*

Grabner* Guest

Christ..I never expected gilbert to use Tlusty like this. I pray he get's sent down. Better off playing top minutes in the soo.

3. Dario Cueto

Dario Cueto KIND OF A BIG DEAL

Home Page:
    I don't see the point in sending him to the OHL if he's already producing in the AHL.

4. Roo

Roo Registered User

engineer
    he's not getting many minutes

5. hockeyprincess

hockeyprincess Registered User

student
    he can now that Yannick Weber is gone... he and fellow Czech David Kuchejda will get along great... i hope he goes there before Friday so that I can meet him

6. leafaholix*

leafaholix* Guest

he's not getting many minutes. on friday night vs. hamilton, i think he may have played 10:00. greg gilbert is not using him how most leaf fans want, and there's probably a reason for that. he's not strong enough to handle ahl players.

too many minutes and it may lead to injuries.

sending him to the ohl under hartsburg is a good thing, lots of minutes and he'll score a ton there.

7. Kevin Forbes

Kevin Forbes Registered User

Home Page:
    Considering he's already hitting a PPG pace in the AHL, I would say 1.5 PPG isn't a reach in the OHL.

8. CharlieGirl

CharlieGirl Thank you Mr. Snider

Home Page:
    Weber is gone from where? Weber is a Kitchener import draft pick and never played for the Greyhounds.

9. Blind Gardien

Blind Gardien nexus of the crisis

Space Goat
    He should tear the OHL pretty much to shreds. I think 2 ppg is not out of the question. I've seen Tlusty through the prospects tourney, all his pre-season games, and one game with the Marlies... I don't see any real reason to doubt that he can produce at the same rate as most of the top-10 OHL scorers, he's at least as good as Bryan Little et al., it'll just be a matter of how quickly he settles in with the Greyhounds, gets over any disappointment at the demotion, etc, and what kind of supporting cast can sustain him. But if Dustin Jeffrey can operate at nearly 2 ppg there, then I don't see any reason whatsoever to doubt that Tlusty could.

10. I don't know...usually Hartsburg has the Greyhounds playing a defensive style, right?

Plus he's an 18-year-old playing his first year in NA. I'd be very happy, estatic even, if he reaches 70 point in the approximately 50 games he will end up playing for them this year, and as long as he's around a PPG and playing great two-way hockey, I'll be very pleased with him.

11. HOCKEY_GURU

HOCKEY_GURU Registered User

Home Page:
    Extatic - definitely not, happy - not quite...satisfied...perhaps
    Considering his Hype and potential..Id expect 1.5 ppg or more, perhaps lofty expectations... but in line with others of his ILK