Jiri Tlusty shining in AHL pre-season!

leafaholix*

18 year old Leafs draft pick, Jiri Tlusty has 4 goals in 3 AHL games (1+1+2) in the pre-season. A decision is expected whether to send him to the OHL after AHL pre-season or to keep him with the Toronto Marlies.

He's been compared to Patrik Elias.

Rand

Oct 17, 2002
askme
18 year old Leafs draft pick, Jiri Tlusty has 4 goals in 3 AHL games (1+1+2) in the pre-season. A decision is expected whether to send him to the OHL after AHL pre-season or to keep him with the Toronto Marlies.

He's been compared to Patrik Elias.

Lovely... a good pre-season in the AHL and he's Elias?
God forbid what will happen if he ever scores a real goal in an NHL regular season game. :biglaugh: :biglaugh: :biglaugh:

DRReclusive

Feb 7, 2006
White Rock
I drafted him in my keeper pool because I knew he was good, and he has been shining through camp and now in the AHL, but I have never heard him compared to Elias.

Who compared him to Elias?

I'm not saying it's not possible, but I'm just curious who's doing the comparing.

Epsilon

#basta
Oct 26, 2002
South Cackalacky
Sending Tlusty to the OHL would be a waste of time. He's closer to being NHL-level than he is OHL-level. The AHL is probably the perfect level for him at this point.

leafaholix*

I drafted him in my keeper pool because I knew he was good, and he has been shining through camp and now in the AHL, but I have never heard him compared to Elias.

Who compared him to Elias?

I'm not saying it's not possible, but I'm just curious who's doing the comparing.

Pavel Kubina was one player who compared him to Elias, others have compared him to Hossa. His style of play, no doubt is very similar to that of Elias.

Dempsey

Mark it zero
Mar 1, 2002
Ladner, BC
If he puts up numbers like that in the regular season of the AHL as an 18-year-old :bow: Should be fun to watch him progress.

Gwyddbwyll

Dec 24, 2002
Bear in mind many of the better AHL players havent suited up yet as they are still at NHL camps or about to be cut.

Amadeus

Stand Witness
Jun 21, 2004
Toronto
God forbid what will happen if he ever scores a real goal in an NHL regular season game. :biglaugh: :biglaugh: :biglaugh:

Comparing him to Elias and calling him Elias are two different things.

Grabner*

As much as I want hartsburg to coach tlusty he'd be better off playing with the marlies.

Le Golie

Jul 4, 2002
Ryan O'Marra had 4 goals in his first 4 periods in the AHL last year. And this was in the playoffs, not preseason. Kubina said he looked like Wayne Gretzky.

Transported Upstater

He would be then good enough to list on the same planet as...

wait for it...wait for it...

:bow: ALEXANDER SUGLOBOV. :bow:

Geese_Howard*

Nice. Maybe next year he'll be good enough for NHL pre-season games. and maybe after that NHL regular season?!

lol, maybe a guy with a perezhogin avatar should hold off on the sarcastic trash talking... don't ya think? :biglaugh:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad