Jiri Hudler

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dempsey

Mark it zero
Mar 1, 2002
Ladner, BC
I don't know if any non-Redwings fans have noticed, but after his hat-trick tonight Hudler has an amazing 12 goals and 16 points in 6 AHL games so far. It's fair to say he's going to be a player in the NHL soon enough.

norrisnick

The best...
Apr 14, 2005
9 goals, 13 points, in 5 games. The stats for the AHL are updated instantly. Shame the NHL's site isn't that quick.

Still F'n great though. He's tiny but skilled.

Debrincat93

Dec 4, 2002
Michigan
Nhl.com
very skilled, ive been impressed with him since preseason. He just needs to up his playing level another half notch to make it, and i think hes doing it...

future 2nd liner for sure without a doubt. He was playing great until he left for Czech rep last year glad to see its carrying over

HOCKEY_GURU

Jun 27, 2002
Visit site
zetterberg40 said:
very skilled, ive been impressed with him since preseason. He just needs to up his playing level another half notch to make it, and i think hes doing it...

future 2nd liner for sure without a doubt. He was playing great until he left for Czech rep last year glad to see its carrying over
I just finished mentioninh him in another thread before reading this one, basically i was saying I think he will be decent NHL er but not necessarily great, perhaps around a 70 point player,I think the "New NHL" is also more condusive to his style of play, what do u think?

slumpy43

Mar 30, 2005
USA
He's been playing well, but where would he fit in the line up and with whom should he play?

A Good Flying Bird*

slumpy43 said:
He's been playing well, but where would he fit in the line up and with whom should he play?

He should be a second line winger, playing with one big man and one fast man.

I personally think he should have started the season on the Red Wings as a Winger on a line with Shanahan and Lang.
Shanahan offers some protection. Lang offers some guidance and tutelage (a veteran Czech to a young Czech)

However, it's hard to argue with Jason Williams in that spot. But I will. Despite good numbers, I really can't say Williams is doing much to get those points.

Hudler has much more upside. I'd rather see him play.

ginnungagap

Apr 7, 2003
Visit site
TinCanCommunications said:
He should be a second line winger, playing with one big man and one fast man.

I personally think he should have started the season on the Red Wings as a Winger on a line with Shanahan and Lang.
Shanahan offers some protection. Lang offers some guidance and tutelage (a veteran Czech to a young Czech)

However, it's hard to argue with Jason Williams in that spot. But I will. Despite good numbers, I really can't say Williams is doing much to get those points.

Hudler has much more upside. I'd rather see him play.

Move the timetable up to next year and I agree with everything. I think Hudler needs a monster year in the AHL after a sub-par (albeit with reason) '04-'05 to keep his confidence up and not forget how to put up lots of points. I'd like to see if playing on the wing suits him too though- he's just plain tiny and faceoffs aren't a strong point for him. If he could find enough room to play his game and be creative on the wing he really might be something else in the new NHL.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad