Prospect Info: Jiri Fronk

HPsauce

Jul 3, 2011
Winnipeg
Just heard From was released from his AHL contract. Anyone know what might have happened here? I've seen him play and he plays with skills. Perhaps he requested to be released?

Couldn't understand why he was always back and forth between the AHL and ECHL

Deif

Sep 20, 2014
Just heard From was released from his AHL contract. Anyone know what might have happened here? I've seen him play and he plays with skills. Perhaps he requested to be released?

A lot of people liked him more than the sideshow that is Lodge/Blomqvist/Olsen etc. He definitely has the skill. But something was a miss here. McCambridge last year openly criticised his defensive abilities whenever asked why he was out of the lineup or sent to Tulsa. Some thought there might be attitude problems.

Maybe he was about to be sent back to Tulsa, and asked for a release instead.

I hope the best for him though. Whether that is signing with another AHL team or heading home. It was very impressive what he accomplished as an older USHL player to jump right into the AHL and put up decent point totals with his limited ice time and on a line with plugs.

HPsauce

Jul 3, 2011
Winnipeg
A lot of people liked him more than the sideshow that is Lodge/Blomqvist/Olsen etc. He definitely has the skill. But something was a miss here. McCambridge last year openly criticised his defensive abilities whenever asked why he was out of the lineup or sent to Tulsa. Some thought there might be attitude problems.

Maybe he was about to be sent back to Tulsa, and asked for a release instead.

I'm thinking that's probably it. Must be an attitude thing, they simply didn't like the young man.

The level of play seems to be there

Coach G

Oct 1, 2015
In the corners

Coaches tend not to like players who are on the wrong side of the puck as often as Fronk is, but like I said in the Moose thread, that's pretty common with young offense-oriented players. As long as he's listening to his coaches and improving in that regard, there's a lot to like about him.
I have to imagine that either:
a) he's not listening to coaches, meaning either an attitude problem or an intelligence problem, or
b) he asked to be released, as Deif suggested.

Grind

Stomacheache AllStar
Jan 25, 2012
Manitoba
Would not be surprised if he asked to be releasd, especially if he thought a contract back home was a real possibility. Much nicer quality of life then bouncing back and forth between Tulsa and the AHL

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad