Confirmed with Link: Jiri Felcman signs ATO with Rockford

giza

Jul 19, 2011
Intriguing size and skating......a little depth for the playoff push by RFD.

kmwtrucks

Mar 11, 2014
there late 3rd and on picks all had size and solid skaters. im wondering if they looked at things historically and saw that that was the Characteristic that stuck out most on late round picks that end up making the nhl. From my stnad point I thought they reached. I think I would have gone russian figuring guys fell due to the war. plus they will probably pay over seas longer.

Hinterland

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 29, 2016
there late 3rd and on picks all had size and solid skaters. im wondering if they looked at things historically and saw that that was the Characteristic that stuck out most on late round picks that end up making the nhl. From my stnad point I thought they reached. I think I would have gone russian figuring guys fell due to the war. plus they will probably pay over seas longer.
Definitely a reach. I can see why they drafted him because he does have a very interesting combination of size and skating. Pretty strong on faceoffs as well and fairly reliable against the puck for his age. Having said that, I don't know why the Blackhawks felt the need to draft him in the 3rd round. Also, I don't know if Felcman necessarily has the hands and the vision necessary to play in the NHL. His offense is pretty raw still.

He did, however, show some promise in the SL this season. Unfortunately he didn't play there enough so small sample size but when he did he played well and from what I'm hearing he's still very much in the SCL Tigers plan for next season. He'll get his Swiss playing license ahead of next season and the Tigers believe he's good enough to play in the NL. Felcman even got a handful of looks this season already. Curious to find out how he does in the AHL. I'm guessing he's gonna go back to Switzerland anyway but if he sticks in Rockford that would be fine as well I guess. Just has to play at a higher level consistently. This season has been a mix of everything but not enough pro hockey and pro hockey split between three teams isn't ideal either.

hawksfan50

Feb 27, 2002
Well he did not do much vs. Men in the loan to tgat Italian team ..nor mich in thevtop Swiss pro league vs. Men...but he did dominate in tge Swissu-20 League ..4g 4axin 4plaoff games is goidxagaibst your age group ..Butcagaivstvtgevprosvhe likely pkayedcfew minutes and bottom line or lines roles...In Rockford they also will just use him in limited bottom line role shifts..

So do not make any assumptions on hom for probably very limited use in Rockford this season...Next season maybe they give hom a bigger role and then we can judge him correctly as to his chances I the Show..

There will also be the adjustment to smaller rink and N.A. culture..

BUT you gotta start somewhere ..So do notcexpect a Saviour has arrived.
Whether any offebse cones forth quickly is probably unrealistic.. but IF he does not hurt the team in defensive play and IF he shows physical engagement and IF he shows he can wni draws...these are traits to build on...

Darkstar

Nov 3, 2007
Denver, CO
I wasn't a fan of this pick. I'd rather of traded that pick and our 4th round pick to move up higher in the round. There was still 2nd round talent in the upper part of the 3rd round.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad