Player Discussion Jimmy Vesey Part II

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
I suspect you will still be wrong about Vesey and he will end up carving himself out a respectable career.Your comparison to Pirri is awful too.Pirri couldn't find his way into the dirty areas or D Zone with a map.

Thats funny. Look at the comparisons and predictions many made about Vesey. Tell me if what I'm saying now or what was being said then is closest to reality.

Last edited:

Edge

Kris King's Ghost
Mar 1, 2002
Amish Paradise
I don't hate Vesey, I accept him for what he is:

A 15-20 goal guy, who plays on the third line, has some limitations, and is probably pushed out if a prospect emerges at some point.

I'm not really sure why we dwell on him as much as we do --- he's a supporting player who every once in a while is the difference between winning and losing.

:dunno:

Nopuckluck

Dec 29, 2017
So the only bright side to Jimmy Vesey is that he scores more goals than Buchnevich?

Perhaps one day he’ll do literally anything else better.
Hits guys, stands up for his teammates. Again. I think he’s a bottom six forward. Don’t know why this position offends you people or why you hate on him.

Nopuckluck

Dec 29, 2017
I don't hate Vesey, I accept him for what he is:

A 15-20 goal guy, who plays on the third line, has some limitations, and is probably pushed out if a prospect emerges at some point.

I'm not really sure why we dwell on him as much as we do --- he's a supporting player who every once in a while is the difference between winning and losing.

:dunno:
Exactly my sentiments Edge. Pretty simple

Reactions: bl02

eco's bones

Jul 21, 2005
Elmira NY
Vesey and Buchnevich are making $925K this year. Vesey needs a new contract for next year. Buchnevich has to wait another year. Vesey will get a raise but IMO it's not going to be a big one. I'd figure anywhere between $1.5 and $1.8 mil per for like two years. It's whatever he does during this bridge deal that's going to be the tale of the tape for him. If he's going on to big $'s he's going to have to become more of a player than he his now.......but for the $925K he's getting now a 16 and 15 (+) goal season is good bang for the buck.

Reactions: bl02

Edge

Kris King's Ghost
Mar 1, 2002
Amish Paradise
I wouldn't be surprised if Vesey is dealt this summer.

For my money, he and Zucc are the most likely candidates.

In Vesey's case, I think he's either part of a bigger package, or they go with someone in the same age range who brings different attributes. In other words, I don't think he'd be moved for a pick or a prospect (again, unless it is part of a package).

Nopuckluck

Dec 29, 2017
**Starts Vesey vs. Buchnevich debates in two threads**

**Loses debates**

"I’m not saying Vesey is a better player than Buch."

Ahh, the adventures of Nocuckluck
I used Buchnevich as an example because so many Rangers fans are enthralled with him but hate Vesey. Show me where I said. Espy is a better player. I DID SAY HE HAS MORE GOALS. Don’t change my words to fit your agenda.

Doctyl

Play-ins Manager
Jan 25, 2011
Bofflol
Sometimes animosity towards a player clouds reason.

Zuccarello 69 games played--average ice time 18.52--goals 14
Buchnevich 62 games played--average ice time 14.55--goals 14

Both Zucc and Buch get lots of power play time. Zucc has 1 goal--15 assists--16 power play points. Buch has 5 goals--9 assists--14 power play points.

Vesey 67 games played--average ice time 14.09--goals 15. Vesey gets some power play time. IMO he doesn't use it all that well and has only one assist this year. His stats aren't feeding off it for sure. Personally I'm not a fan of him on the power play at least at this point in time.

Even strength--Zucc--13 goals-32 points, Buch-9 goals-25 points--Vesey 15 goals-21 points. Vesey averaging almost 5 minutes less time than Zucc and about 1 minute less than Buch.

Not arguing that Vesey should be on the top two lines--just saying the hatred of him by some posters here is a little bit over the top.

Vesey is among the worst players on the team at ES production and PP production.

Buch is the best ES producer and Hayes is the only regular with a higher all situation P/60 who is still on the team.

Stop this nonsensical defense of a 4th line scrub.

The Crypto Guy

Jun 26, 2017
Yes, at ES. 4th liner regularly gets spoon fed PP time for absolutely no reason. He’s abysmal on the PP, worse than Rick Nash bad.
But you said he is spoon fed ES time too? So which is it? Your agenda is showing.. did he not sign an autograph for you at the airport or something?

Doctyl

Play-ins Manager
Jan 25, 2011
Bofflol
Vesey and Buchnevich are making $925K this year. Vesey needs a new contract for next year. Buchnevich has to wait another year. Vesey will get a raise but IMO it's not going to be a big one. I'd figure anywhere between $1.5 and $1.8 mil per for like two years. It's whatever he does during this bridge deal that's going to be the tale of the tape for him. If he's going on to big $'s he's going to have to become more of a player than he his now.......but for the $925K he's getting now a 16 and 15 (+) goal season is good bang for the buck.
Would rather have a 3rd round pick than pay Vesey $2M a year

Thirty One

Safe is safe.
Dec 28, 2003
I used Buchnevich as an example because so many Rangers fans are enthralled with him but hate Vesey. Show me where I said. Espy is a better player. I DID SAY HE HAS MORE GOALS. Don’t change my words to fit your agenda.
Show me where I said you said Vesey (or Espy) is a better player.

I think you've found a forum hack. You can't be proven wrong if you are intentionally unclear about what you're arguing.

Reactions: Mac n Gs and nyr2k2

RGY

Kreid or Die
Jul 18, 2005
Long Island, NY
What has Vesey done to deserve “proper linemates”? He’s been given every chance to succeed and his production is still trash.
I would hardly say he has been given every chance to succeed. The same can be said about pretty much a lot of players during AV's tenure. Line combinations constantly changed. The wrong mix of players are put together constantly. A laundry list on offense and defense in which AV does not maximize the strengths of each of his players. The KZB line being broken up over and over again, Eric Staal just totally wasted here, Buchnevich getting bounced around, same with Miller and Vesey. Miller-Hayes-Grabner, great chemistry, and yet they didn't consistently play together. It is certainly not all on AV but to say he has been given every chance when we have an idiot running this team is hardly the case.

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Vesey is among the worst players on the team at ES production and PP production.

Buch is the best ES producer and Hayes is the only regular with a higher all situation P/60 who is still on the team.

Stop this nonsensical defense of a 4th line scrub.

Actually, Buchnevich has a higher ES and all situations P/60 than Hayes.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad