TV: Jimmy Kimmel

Babe Ruth

Don't leave me hangin' on the telephone..
Feb 2, 2016
Coyote,.. I've never found Kimmel funny either. But humor is subjective..
I saw Kimmel Christmas shopping at the Sherman Oaks Fashion Square (circa 2005-2006).. that was admittedly cool.
Around that same holiday season, same mall, I shared a bench with Robert Patrick (guy who replaced Mulder on X-Files/cop from T2). I think we were both waiting on wives to finish their hunting & gathering..

BonMorrison

Jun 17, 2011
Toronto, ON
He's the only late night person I find funny tbh.

I also find his brand of tackling politics and social issues to be less performative than the other ones which I appreciate.

b1e9a8r5s

Feb 16, 2015
Chicago, IL
While I don't watch late night TV, I do find Kimmel funny generally. But I go back with him to the Man show days, lol.

Pilky01

Jan 30, 2012
GTA
I also find his brand of tackling politics and social issues to be less performative than the other ones which I appreciate.

Agreed. Which is why I think his statements seem to have more resonance among the general population than Colbert's do. You can see the calculations going on behind everything Colbert's Late Show does whereas Kimmel's politicking feels much more visceral and genuine.

Sens

Jan 7, 2016
I like him and think his work with Matt Damon is exceptional

Langdon Alger

Apr 19, 2006
Kimmel is great. Conan and Colbert were funnier on their old shows. I enjoy Seth Meyers closer look segment. Corden is allright, but I only watch if he has guests I like. Fallon is awful.

JackSlater

Apr 27, 2010
I only watched his show when it was new, and I must say that it was the worst late night show I've ever seen. Endless internet clips and Kimmel was terribly awkward. His new crying persona is quite different than his original persona on the Man Show, though probably equally unfunny. The only late night show I ever liked was prime Conan on Late Night. Even with very limited viewing in recent years there is no way that Kimmel is as bad as Fallon and Myers at least.

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
I only watched his show when it was new, and I must say that it was the worst late night show I've ever seen. Endless internet clips and Kimmel was terribly awkward. His new crying persona is quite different than his original persona on the Man Show, though probably equally unfunny. The only late night show I ever liked was prime Conan on Late Night. Even with very limited viewing in recent years there is no way that Kimmel is as bad as Fallon and Myers at least.

Myers' show feels so damn pointless. It's only mildly amusing when he has comedians on that he's friends with.

Langdon Alger

Apr 19, 2006
Myers' show feels so damn pointless. It's only mildly amusing when he has comedians on that he's friends with.

I think Meyers’ show improved when he went from doing a traditional monologue to just sitting at the desk. Much better. I enjoy the first 15 minutes of his show, but will not continue to watch unless I like the guests.

JackSlater

Apr 27, 2010

He's just not a particularly funny person. I don't like anyone who came out of that era of SNL other than sometimes Tina Fey (writing Mean Girls goes a long, long way) and he's probably the worst. He gives off this air of self-satisfaction with his non-jokes (or weak jokes) that I have no interest in seeing.

Shout out to Craig Ferguson as well, he was solid because he tried different things ala Conan. Whisper in to Carson Daly, as horrible a late night host as there has ever been.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad