Jimmy Howard's Summer Training Doesn't Seem to Be Going Very Well

Bench

3 is a good start
Aug 14, 2011
crease
Wait, Jimmy is left handed?

I'm not sure if I knew that and forgot or just never knew. Whoever taught him to play goal like a right-hander should be shot! Looks like he also bats right (though with a whiff like that I doubt left could be worse).

This is a an American problem, which is why you see so many more Americans shooting righty. I know, because I suffered the same fate. Upon playing hockey I shot right, but also threw right, so I caught left. And when switching to goalie, now I had to learn how to stick-handle and shoot left. From the start I should have been shooting left having my dominant hand on the top of the stick.

Lazlo Hollyfeld

The jersey ad still sucks
Mar 4, 2004
This is a an American problem, which is why you see so many more Americans shooting righty. I know, because I suffered the same fate. Upon playing hockey I shot right, but also threw right, so I caught left. And when switching to goalie, now I had to learn how to stick-handle and shoot left. From the start I should have been shooting left having my dominant hand on the top of the stick.

I knew it was a typical handedness issue with shooter in the US. I'm the same way. I'm right-handed but first grabbed a hockey stick the way you would a baseball bat, so I shoot right. I guess I never thought about it with goalies.

It's just strange that he bats right handed but then must've shot left? Or maybe I'm just confusing myself...

Ad

Ad

Ad

-->