Jimmy Howard

Status
Not open for further replies.

Xega

Feb 27, 2004
Howard had a great night in the frozen four against BC making 40 saves and only giving up one goal to help Maine beat BC 2-1.

I don't follow college hockey too much, but how does he rate as a goalie prospect. He is a sophomore and will most likely play at Maine for another two years. After that will he go to the AHL or straight to the NHL as a backup?

X8oD

Feb 27, 2002
612 Warf Ave.
Xega said:
Howard had a great night in the frozen four against BC making 40 saves and only giving up one goal to help Maine beat BC 2-1.

I don't follow college hockey too much, but how does he rate as a goalie prospect. He is a sophomore and will most likely play at Maine for another two years. After that will he go to the AHL or straight to the NHL as a backup?

depends what the wings need. I think they may let him goto the AHL first. I dont think he should be a back-up for a Season with Detroit. If they stick with Legace, sign a Vet Back-up, let Howard play in Grand Rapids.

Hendo2k

Feb 12, 2003
Palm Coast, FL
members.shaw.ca
how does Detroit keep on doing this with these gems in drafts... who ever the scouting are need severe raises imo...

Bob McKenzie said Jimmy Howard is the best goalie in college... pretty daring since Montyoa is suppose to be a high 1st rounder this year...

i read somewhere howard hasnt let in a 5 on 5 goal since december :teach:

User571

Apr 5, 2004
Between the Pipes
Hendo2k said:
how does Detroit keep on doing this with these gems in drafts... who ever the scouting are need severe raises imo...

Bob McKenzie said Jimmy Howard is the best goalie in college... pretty daring since Montyoa is suppose to be a high 1st rounder this year...

Howard has definitely outplayed montoya this year-Howrad was named the USA WJC but he got injured-he might've put on a fleury like preformance
I think he'll split his rookie year between Grand Rapids and a back-up spot in Hockeytown

Debrincat93

Dec 4, 2002
Michigan
Nhl.com
Howard most likely will Go2 the AHL for a year or so. Depends on really how Stefan Liv takes it. Liv could come in and be a great goaltender for us as well. Only time will tel...

18Sarge

Jul 6, 2002
Boston. Ma
Visit site
Hendo2k said:

Until the first round of the NCAA's against harvard. He let in 4 that day and was pulled, honestly thats the only bad game i think hes had all year long.

Hockeypuck

18Sarge said:
Until the first round of the NCAA's against harvard. He let in 4 that day and was pulled, honestly thats the only bad game i think hes had all year long.
Actually only 1 of the 4 goals he gave up that day was 5x5 the other 3 were ppg's.

18Sarge

Jul 6, 2002
Boston. Ma
Visit site
Hockeypuck said:
Actually only 1 of the 4 goals he gave up that day was 5x5 the other 3 were ppg's.
I guess i should have been more specific, i meant 4 goals overal, but thanks for listing which was in what situation.

Hendo2k

Feb 12, 2003
Palm Coast, FL
members.shaw.ca
lets say just for kicks if Howard was in the draft THIS year where would he go? alot of analysis say this kid is special and McKenzie stated he was the best in college... would he be the first goalie taken in this years draft?

User571

Apr 5, 2004
Between the Pipes
Hendo2k said:
lets say just for kicks if Howard was in the draft THIS year where would he go? alot of analysis say this kid is special and McKenzie stated he was the best in college... would he be the first goalie taken in this years draft?
He's better thatn Montoya in my Opinion-Maybe better than Schwarz. Ithink he'd go mid first round.

X-SHARKIE

Howard is a solid goaltender, but to say he's better then Schwarz is puzzling....He may be better then Montoya though. Although he didnt back stop his team to jack poop yet...were as Montoya has a feather in his cap with the WJC's.

Also when I watch Howard....I cant help but stear at his leg pads...there so ugly and big!

Lisa Needs Braces

Apr 7, 2004
Hendo2k said:

He would almost definately be the first goaltender taken. I would say somewhere between 10 and 20.

Kritty

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
nurminen31 said:
Howard has definitely outplayed montoya this year-Howrad was named the USA WJC but he got injured-he might've put on a fleury like preformance
I think he'll split his rookie year between Grand Rapids and a back-up spot in Hockeytown

To say that Howard would have put on a Fleury-like performance is saying alot. That's a very bold statement to make. I'm not so sure it would have happened but how knows.

As for his pro debut, I can't see him being backup in Detroit anytime soon. He is behind alot of guys that I'm sure the Wings would much rather use as backups to let Howard develop. Guys like Legace (depending on what happens there), Lamothe and MacDonald have all got a chance to be a backup next season and beyond. The Wings would likely also look at a veteran backup as well. I can't see Howard going directly to Detroit, that's a serious jump for a guy that is playing 30-35 games a year at the college level. He'll need some grooming in the AHL first.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->