Jimmy Howard?

Status
Not open for further replies.

CronoX

Mar 15, 2006
Hockeytown, MI
Does anyone have any news/thoughts on Howard? What might his potential be in the future? Is he more of a :bow: or a :cry: (sorry, I just like smilies)? Can he be compared to a goalie that is currently in the NHL right now? I'm just curious because I'm wondering if the Wings made a bad decision by not trading a 2nd round pick (and maybe a little more) for Mika Noronen (like Vancouver did), who is another young and talented goaltender. Quite frankly, I don't think Osgood can cut it as a backup for the playoffs if Legace falters (I don't believe Osgood has "it" anymore). Noronen could be a good backup and possible starter for the next few years while Howard develops. Is Noronen better than what Howard might be?

Last edited:

MN_Gopher

May 2, 2002
Mpls
Visit site
I only saw Howard play once live. In last years NCAAs. He looked very good. But Maine played a great D game in front of him. He seemed to be a very good technical goalie. But might need a true D system to look great. I think he should do fine with the wings. Or a team like the Wild. But i do not see him and again it was one game stealing several games. He did have a great glove from what i remember.

A Good Flying Bird*

CronoX said:
Does anyone have any news/thoughts on Howard? What might his potential be in the future? Is he more of a :bow: or a :cry: (sorry, I just like smilies)? Can he be compared to a goalie that is currently in the NHL right now? I'm just curious because I'm wondering if the Wings made a bad decision by not trading a 2nd round pick (and maybe a little more) for Mika Noronen (like Vancouver did), who is another young and talented goaltender. Quite frankly, I don't think Osgood can cut it as a backup for the playoffs if Legace falters (I don't believe Osgood has "it" anymore). Noronen could be a good backup and possible starter for the next few years while Howard develops. Is Noronen better than what Howard might be?

After a brief call up to Detroit this year, Howard was sent back to Grand Rapids where he was inconsistent for much of the season.
Reports now are that he's improved and playing very well over the last month.
I think he's another year away from playing with Detroit.
In my opinion, he needs to work on footwork and "playing bigger" in the net.
He also seems to leave big holes in the net going side to side.

Didn't see enough of him to compare him to anyone.
He seems athletic enough to play in the NHL. But he needs work on some fundamentals.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->