Eklund Rumor: Jimmy Howard to Carolina

Status
Not open for further replies.

c3po

Feb 25, 2006
Carolina Shopping for a Center and a Goalie... Hearing Jimmy Howard could be heading to Carolina... Eklund

HockeyBuzz.com - Forums - Carolina Shopping for a Center and a Goalie...

MOD: Talk about the rumours/speculation/fantasy idea/whatever you personally want to call it, and refrain from the spam about Eklund.
We have him as tagged source so that you can see where it is coming from. We don't need you coming in and telling us its Eklund. If you don't like or trust Eklund, that is you prerogative, and you can use the tag to ignore the thread.

Discuss the value of the players or team needs involved.

Seanaconda

May 6, 2016
Nah . I could see the canes going for a goalie with term but if anyone is going to trade for Howard it'll be the flames

ManwithNoIdentity

Jun 4, 2016
Kalamazoo, MI
I don't see how this could be true. We have a great thing going with McStarter and Mrazek. Yeah, I know what Mrazek's numbers say. I don't care. The dude has legit game-steal potential on any given night, he's the perfect backup/1B type.

He has the tools to be a legit #1 but can't seem to put it all together

It was frustrating lol.

The Zetterberg Era

Ball Hockey Sucks
Nov 8, 2011
Ft. Myers, FL
didnt know about this care to expand?

One of the initial problems right away when they gave Petr his last larger contract was that Mrazek's camp demanded they trade Howard. They didn't want him around and it seemed like the Wings then authorized the local press to go after Mrazek. His play didn't justify a continuation of being outraged at Howard's presence so that was confusing...

I do agree that when Mrazek gets hot he is really incredible. He also has been better in big moments, looked great at the WJCS, Calder Cup playoffs and was awesome at times against Tampa in the playoffs. I hope he pulls it off. I don't think him and Howard would get along great with their history.

Anyway, I doubt this rumor. I don't really expect Howard to get moved.

DaveG

Noted Jerk
Apr 7, 2003
Winston-Salem NC
Mrazek's numbers are just OK but the tandem is working exceptionally well right now. He's been excellent this month and outside a rough start to the season he's been a .907%, 2.57GAA goalie. Decent enough to keep the team in games more often than not, and this month he's been exceptional.

And McStarter... well his numbers just speak for themselves.

I wouldn't mind revisiting Howard as an option if we're not able to bring the tandem back next season, but stick with the plan for now in net. Now if we want to talk about Nyquist as a rental that's another matter.

TheScandal89

Jun 26, 2016
I thought Mcelhinney is doing really good, why not just roll with him?

Is he not able to handle the workload or mrazek is not doing well enough?

405Exit

Mar 15, 2018
Wasn’t Detroit’s rumored asking price was a mandatory first for howard??

I doubt Carolina would pay that. Eklund sometimes I like you? But this doesn’t make sense.

Big Daddy Cane

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 8, 2010
Western PA
I thought Mcelhinney is doing really good, why not just roll with him?

Is he not able to handle the workload or mrazek is not doing well enough?

This rumor is made up. I feel pretty confident that the Canes will finish the season with the two that have Carolina just outside the Top 5 in GA/G.

If the organization expends any assets in the next 39 hours, they'll be targeting a forward.

Cane mutiny

Ahoy_Aho
Sep 5, 2006
I, for one, will be really tic'd if they mess with a tandem that's working well and screw things up. We've waited forever for good tending and finally have it. Let it alone.

Wolfpuck

Chefnikov
Jun 25, 2006
The 919
Bull f***ing shit!

M&M are working. There's no reason to mess with the best goaltending we've had in years.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad