Injury Report: Jimmy Howard placed on the IR

GBFP

Sep 24, 2009
Will be interesting to see what the Wings do when Howard finishes his GR stint. Comrie will have to clear waivers and then you have Pickard and Comrie in GRG, or you lose Comrie to a claim for nothing.

Gniwder

Oct 12, 2009
Bellingham, WA
Will be interesting to see what the Wings do when Howard finishes his GR stint. Comrie will have to clear waivers and then you have Pickard and Comrie in GRG, or you lose Comrie to a claim for nothing.
I would assume this depends on how Howie does in GR and how Comrie does in his next couple of games.

So far it looks like a wash.... other than Comrie would more than likely be claimed by a desperate team looking for a backup.

kliq

Dec 17, 2017
I could even see them rolling with 3 goalies and sending McIllrath or Bowey down. Or maybe they work out a trade with one of them. At this point, I'm fine with any of the 3 being moved out.

Gniwder

Oct 12, 2009
Bellingham, WA
Are the Leafs still that team?
They are connected to a bunch of rumors, but until a trade gets done, I can see them picking up Comrie even if it's temporary. Hutchi has a GAA of 4.55.

I think they'd want something better long term though. Or maybe whichever team that trades with TML picks up Comrie as a backup.

RedMenace

Jul 24, 2006
www.ShattenkirksKrakenshirt.net
They are connected to a bunch of rumors, but until a trade gets done, I can see them picking up Comrie even if it's temporary. Hutchi has a GAA of 4.55.

I think they'd want something better long term though. Or maybe whichever team that trades with TML picks up Comrie as a backup.

They're almost getting to that "sign a trick-shot kicker" stage.

As far as I'm concerned, Comrie can be waived, Howard can stay in GR/on IR, and we could run a Bernier/Pickard tandem for the rest of the year.

Last edited:

Gniwder

Oct 12, 2009
Bellingham, WA

As far as I'm concerned, Comrie can be waived, Howard can stay in GR/on IR, and we could run a Bernier/Pickard tandem for the rest of the year.
I'd rather keep Comrie because Howie doesn't even know which side of his hands he's supposed to use. Plus he covers the post.

Kid does kick out some juicy rebounds for the opponent. Worse than Howie or Bernie.

I'm OK with Bernie if he can steal a game for every two or three times he kraps the bed. Ensures the tank without completely demoralizing the team.

Oddbob

Jan 21, 2016
Honestly I think Comrie easily makes it through waivers. Just from the little bit I have seen, he doesn't seem like he has NHL talent. He gives up odd rebounds, glove hand is not great, and he moves around the crease very oddly also. He looks like he is very unsure of himself so far.

ArmChairGM89

Dec 10, 2019
Wondering if they are giving Howie GR “rehab” games to give an excuse for leaving him there when he gives up 4-5 goals per game.

Retire91

Stevey Y you our Guy
May 31, 2010
I have no problem with Howard or Comrie sitting in the press box for the remainder of the season. Losing Comrie to waivers would not be the end of the world I just don't think it's worth it for 12 more weeks of Howard.

Richard Gibson

Dec 5, 2018

bedtime20

nap nap
Nov 30, 2018
Metro Detroit

Yah I say we develop comrie in GR Picard is better than comrie Howard is a loss at this point

Oddbob

Jan 21, 2016
I would think so either he retires or gets traded either way Comrie, Larsson, and Pickard are better goalies than Howard if he keeps on giving up 5 a game
I think his play in GR will decide his fate

Right now, none of those 3 is better than Howard. Pickard and Comrie have worse NHL stats than Howard, and Larsson was getting lit up at the AHL level, and hasn't started well in the ECHL.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->