Jim Kelley- "Music City Miracle on Ice"(good Southern Hockey article)

Status
Not open for further replies.

ManuelCalavera

La-La-La-Locked Out
Apr 7, 2003
Rochester, NY
Visit site
Lapps said:
Used to be. He hasn't been there for awhile now. Bucky Gleason is TBN Sabres beat reporter. But Kelley was there for a long time.

Yeah, he's now with SportsNet. Ive seen him a few times during intermissions of Edmonton games much to my surprise, as I was wondering where he went. He still has tendencies to write a lot about the Sabres though.

Still, he was disliked by a lot in Buffalo (choked by Hasek after a press conference...), and really put the final nail in his coffin by being fairly critical of Golisano and new ownership, IIRC.

Hobey Baker

May 27, 2004
Charlestown
sabresprospects.com
Jim Kelley is still a top 5 hockey journalist in my opinion. He's well thought out, and I always appreciate his stuff. However, I'll admit that he gets a hometown pass from me seeing that he's a lifelong Buffalonian, still living about a half hour south of the city.

jamiebez

Apr 5, 2005
Ottawa
KeyserSoze81 said:
Still, he was disliked by a lot in Buffalo (choked by Hasek after a press conference...), and really put the final nail in his coffin by being fairly critical of Golisano and new ownership, IIRC.
I completely forgot about that 'choking" incident :) Hilarious.

I guess he has moved up here full-time, then. My bad. I knew he was a frequent guest on the Prime Time Sports radio show in Toronto, and the Sportsnet gig, but I figured those were just side jobs.

Sotnos

Jul 8, 2002
Not here
www.boltprospects.com
nomorekids said:
http://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/columnist.jsp?content=20060315_133745_2088

Refreshing for those of us who are accustomed to seeing bashing from north-of-the-border columnists. Good read.
A nice find, definitely!

If we've learned anything about the game over the last 20 years, it's that it takes time for a franchise to grow into the kind of stature we so willingly confer on markets like Ottawa, Edmonton and Calgary (franchises by the way that at times have struggled just as markedly as Nashville, Washington, Phoenix and South Florida).
A lot of people around here could stand to learn this. :handclap:

Hasbro

Family Friend
Sponsor
Apr 1, 2004
South Rectangle
nomorekids said:
http://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/columnist.jsp?content=20060315_133745_2088

Refreshing for those of us who are accustomed to seeing bashing from north-of-the-border columnists. Good read.
Since he's an American it'll be dismissed out of hand. I mean how can you write a column about hockey in the south and not include a reference to cousin marriage and NASCAR?

When I lived in Canada I got so sick of the self-righteous bull****, particularly in regards to "our game".

The thing I find ironic is for all the redneck stereotypes bandied about against southern teams and the south in general, rednecks aren't confined to the south and there are quite a few in Canada as well.

Last edited:

Transported Upstater

Hasbro said:
Since he's an American it'll be dismissed out of hand. I mean how can you write a column about hockey in the south and not include a reference to cousin marriage and NASCAR?

When I lived in Canada I got so sick of the self-righteous bull****, particularly in regards to "our game".

The thing I find ironic is for all the redneck stereotypes bandied about against southern teams and the south in general, rednecks aren't confined to the south and there are quite a few in Canada as well.

We don't need no book learnin' down hear.

Where's ma shotgun? I see me a possum in the middle of the road. Hey ma, dinner's redy!!!

Hasbro

Family Friend
Sponsor
Apr 1, 2004
South Rectangle
TransportedUpstater said:
We don't need no book learnin' down hear.

Where's ma shotgun? I see me a possum in the middle of the road. Hey ma, dinner's redy!!!
Taint no good meet on a possum! Grab some dynamite and we'll get some mullets out the cess pool.

I like goin' to them Preds game now that they got the high faluttin' moonshine, not that hootch that makes you go blind. :innocent:

muddycreek*

Hasbro said:

YE HAW! I wore my cowboy hat to the Preds game, got drunk on moonshine, and rode my sister like poney after I got home. Tonight, I'm gonna do it with MA before the Wings/Preds game. Dad will never know he's with sis! YE HAW.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->