Online Series: Jim Jefferies: Freedumb

Sep 19, 2008
Also the way the special opens is great. Just going off on Bill Cosby and then going off on how jokes are meant to be jokes and that nothing on stage is meant to be taken seriously. And he's completely right. The people complaining after his jokes in Australia were stupid. He's right in that you can't just take what he does out of context and transcribe it. He's right in that nothing he says should be taken seriously, and the way he parodies it by his "disclaimer" is hilarious.

I will admit it tapered off a bit after that point but that was gold and that was the comedic fact which has been long repeated by other classic comedians such as Bill Burr. Don't take offense to anything you see on stage, it's all comedy and entertainment. It's not serious. And I remember when Demetri Martin got a lot of **** for making similar jokes which was kind of unfair.

"You can't make [redacted] jokes...well I just did!" - Jim Jefferies :laugh:

Sharpshooter

Dec 14, 2011
It was a good routine. I laughed a lot, so I give Jeffries a ton of props.

However, Alcoholocaust has been my favourite.

If you haven't seen Alcoholocaust, then you're 'an idiot'.

Plural

Mar 10, 2011
Another great special from Jim. My favorite comedian for a while now. Took me long time to find a better than Louis C.K.

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
never heard of him before but watched it on Netflix last night, lots of it was really funny. Might have to see some of his other shows.

member 51464

It was solid, but then I guess I don't know what constitutes "threadworthy" for a comedy special.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad