Online Series: Jim Jefferies: Freedumb

Ainec

Panetta was not racist
Jun 20, 2009
and I was thinking about unsubscribing to Netflix

kihei

McEnroe: The older I get, the better I used to be.
Jun 14, 2006
Toronto
I don't follow stand up much at all, but this guy is really, really funny. Don't have Netflix but will try to pick this up eventually.

Philly85*

I Ain't Even Mad
Mar 28, 2009
saw him on Kimmel a few nights ago, he was funny and super entertaining

Sharpshooter

Dec 14, 2011
Caught it last night. It was excellent. Not my favourite of them all, but very funny, with some throwbacks to past jokes.

And good on him for going down to Nashville and doing this routine in front of them. I saw many a seemingly put-off Christians and gun enthusiasts. The fact that they didn't clap, made it better.

Sideline

May 23, 2004
Caught it last night. It was excellent. Not my favourite of them all, but very funny, with some throwbacks to past jokes.

And good on him for going down to Nashville and doing this routine in front of them. I saw many a seemingly put-off Christians and gun enthusiasts. The fact that they didn't clap, made it better.

I don't buy the whole comedians are brave for doing their "left wing" act in the South thing. Jim Jeffries is a well know stand up and his most popular bit is on gun control. Guy's like him can easily find a few thousand ideologically sympathetic people in any mid sized American city.

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
Am I the only one who didn't think he was that funny? It wasn't even his political stuff. It just...i mean some jokes made me laugh but for the most part...i don't know. Not my thing I guess.

I thought Bare was funnier.

Sharpshooter

Dec 14, 2011
I don't buy the whole comedians are brave for doing their "left wing" act in the South thing. Jim Jeffries is a well know stand up and his most popular bit is on gun control. Guy's like him can easily find a few thousand ideologically sympathetic people in any mid sized American city.

I wasn't selling any aspect of bravery in saying what he said in Nashville. I just said "good on him". Because even 'liberals' in the south still cling to their religion and guns. So even if he was speaking truth to his ideological sympathisers, he wasn't exactly speaking to a room full of peace-nik atheists, who were all fawning over his comments, based on looking at many in the audience. Reminds me of the special he did where he called out those that laughed at his muslim jokes, but clammed up when he started in on Christians and Christianity. And, on another note, I loved the fact that he went after the agnostics in the 'second car' as well :laugh:

Dipsy Doodle

Rent A Barn
May 28, 2006
I've seen a few comedians hyped up on this board that struck me as either nothing special or annoying, but this guy's pretty damn funny.

ColePens

RIP Fugu Buffaloed & parabola
Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
I question how anyone can hear him because he moves the mic from like his belly button to his mouth. :laugh: He must have a separate mic on his shirt.

Really good stand up. Netflix stand up is tremendous.

Sep 19, 2008
I got through 41 minutes and had to take an intermission break. Good stuff. Love the Hank jokes

Satan

MIGHTY
Apr 13, 2010
Lapland
Found a couple bits funny but overall he sounds like he's preaching and it gets quite boring.

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
I don't mind preachy humor or political humor. I just didn't think the jokes were that funny. I mean I laughed a fair bit but I was expecting some godly set. Quite a bit of it was fairly obvious humor (like the bit about marriage being a contract for life). Idk. I'm just not seeing the big deal here.

Sep 19, 2008
I don't mind preachy humor or political humor. I just didn't think the jokes were that funny. I mean I laughed a fair bit but I was expecting some godly set. Quite a bit of it was fairly obvious humor (like the bit about marriage being a contract for life). Idk. I'm just not seeing the big deal here.

The reaction was kind of tepid from the audience, I'll agree on that

Shareefruck

Apr 2, 2005
Vancouver, BC
I've only seen Fully Functional. I think of him as a very good/funny version of the standard comedian. Doesn't exactly break ground or have that unique of a voice and doesn't exactly blow me away with his performance/insights, but he's certainly good at what he does. Touches on alot of cliched comedic subjects that are already a bit overdone in this on the nose way, but does it well.

Favorite bit in the special was his airport story where he's having this back and forth confrontation with the guy sitting next to him about airport etiquette/armrests, and every time he gets the upper hand in the exchange, he also accidentally sets off the outrage of the overly sensitive PC passengers around him who are only peripherally aware of what they're talking about.

"I'm victorious. I stand up. I bash my head on the thing. I point at the man. And I went, "GET TO THE BACK OF THE PLANE!!!"

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->