Kings Video: Jim Fox vs Brian Hayward: Face-off

Nex06

Mar 7, 2011
Yeah, that was terribly ironic, too. The Sucks 2nd line is a combined 115 years of age!
rotfl.gif
Not only that, but Selanne has 7 points more than Perry, 12 more than Getzlaf (and 12 more goals), 16 points more than Ryan,...

johnjm22

Pseudo Intellectual
Aug 2, 2005
My game feed didn't cut out during commercial break, so I could see what was going on off the air. Bob called the segment "The View."

Steve Zissou

I'll order you a red cap and a Speedo.
Feb 3, 2006
City of Angels
"Now is Seabrook selling this....". :shakehead What an effn @ss!

Wiz revs up the motors and takes the longest charge in the history of the NHL and hits Seabrook (who doesn't even have the puck) with both of his elbows by launching himself 3 feet up off the ground at full speed.

I'm surprised Seabrook only sat out a few games and didn't suffer longer lasting concussion-like symptoms.

On top of that all, Gayward lends his helping hand:

"I don't know if Brent Seabrook is selling it, John, or if he's injured. The way he got up afterwards, I almost think he was selling it."

KINGS17

Smartest in the Room
Apr 6, 2006
My game feed didn't cut out during commercial break, so I could see what was going on off the air. Bob called the segment "The View."

Very appropriate. You just could hear it in his voice when they went back to him after it was over that he hopes they never do it again.

I like the banter during the segment, and I think giving the staff SC rings is a nice thing to do, but pulling one out and being cocky about it is tacky. Hayward did nothing to actually help the team win it on the ice. It was given to him as gift.

Yeah I had no problem with the back and forth. I actually was laughing quite a bit. The Stanley Cup ring thing didn't bother me at all but it does make Hayward look like the complete tool he is. They definitely have an inferiority complex over there even though they have been the better team for a while.

I like when they were talking about a proposed Winter Classic or outdoor game, Jim goes with his traditional Manhattan Pier comment and Hayward makes a quip about how there will be like 70/30 Ducks fans at such event when he is watching a game in his own building with at least 30% Kings fans, if not more. If I was Jim I would have mentioned something about that.

The Ducks won the Cup first in California and they have been more successful than the Kings in their (almost) 20 year history but you'd never know it by how smug Hayward acts. It is like they know they are broadcasting to a lot of Kings fans (even when they aren't playing the Ducks) and so they try to get their cracks in. Bob and Jim were and have been nothing but complimentary to the Ducks when they won the Cup and had good teams. If anyone should be bitter out of that bunch, it is Bob Miller and he had plenty of positive things to say about them.

KINGS17

Smartest in the Room
Apr 6, 2006
Yeah I had no problem with the back and forth. I actually was laughing quite a bit. The Stanley Cup ring thing didn't bother me at all but it does make Hayward look like the complete tool he is. They definitely have an inferiority complex over there even though they have been the better team for a while.

I like when they were talking about a proposed Winter Classic or outdoor game, Jim goes with his traditional Manhattan Pier comment and Hayward makes a quip about how there will be like 70/30 Ducks fans at such event when he is watching a game in his own building with at least 30% Kings fans, if not more. If I was Jim I would have mentioned something about that.

The Ducks won the Cup first in California and they have been more successful than the Kings in their (almost) 20 year history but you'd never know it by how smug Hayward acts. It is like they know they are broadcasting to a lot of Kings fans (even when they aren't playing the Ducks) and so they try to get their cracks in. Bob and Jim were and have been nothing but complimentary to the Ducks when they won the Cup and had good teams. If anyone should be bitter out of that bunch, it is Bob Miller and he had plenty of positive things to say about them.

Jim should have cracked on him by saying that the Kings can't wait to meet the Ducks in the playoffs some day, so they can play in front of their home crowd for the entire series.

Axl Rhoadz

Binky distributor
Apr 5, 2011
There's a pizza joint I go to in Tustin....I've seen Hayward and his family there a few times. Once, I told him that he's actually a decent broadcaster...when he's not calling Duck games. His response was, 'did they let you out on a parole early'?

None of that crap bothers me, Hayward is a tool...and he probably knows it. It's a perfect fit for that organization.

Jim should have cracked on him by saying that the Kings can't wait to meet the Ducks in the playoffs some day, so they can play in front of their home crowd for the entire series.

That would have been awesome! It just seemed as though Jim was being goofy about the whole thing and Hayward while kidding often, seemed smug and interested in getting his quips in. That could be me implying that though.

johnjm22

Pseudo Intellectual
Aug 2, 2005
This game sounds like it's being played in Los Angeles. Another pathetic showing by these fans.
I'd say approximately 85% of the lower bowl is wearing glitter. I can only yell so loudly.
I went to a Ducks V Kings game earlier in the year at the Honda center. Its not an understatement when I say that there were more Kings fans than there were Ducks fans. It was probably a 2:1 ratio.

^Those quotes are from the Ducks GDT. You could hear "Lets go Kings" chants through out the game. I think a lot more than 30% of the people there were Kings fans.

Nex06

Mar 7, 2011
^Those quotes are from the Ducks GDT. You could hear "Lets go Kings" chants through out the game. I think a lot more than 30% of the people there were Kings fans.
It's the same Ducks "fans", they just switched sides.

KingKopitar11*

Is it me or does Fox look like hes still in decent shape for a guy his age? I think fox wanted to maul hayward. Hayward had no logic what so ever, he was blowing smoke while Fox was throwing statistics at him. What a boss.

DoktorJeep

Expediency x Sentimentality = Mediocrity
Aug 2, 2005
OC
Is Hayward still working broadcasts outside of the ducks?

The segment was mildly funny and Jim and Hayward were probably both putting on a bit of a show for their respective fans, no harm or shame in that.

Ziggy Stardust

Master Debater
Jul 25, 2002
Parts Unknown
Is it me or does Fox look like hes still in decent shape for a guy his age? I think fox wanted to maul hayward. Hayward had no logic what so ever, he was blowing smoke while Fox was throwing statistics at him. What a boss.

Jim's always working out (as is Daryl Evans). They keep themselves in good shape. Never know when they'll be needed in case of an emergency recall.

KINGS17

Smartest in the Room
Apr 6, 2006

Jim is in great shape. He has told me that he has some problems with bone spurs in his hip and will likely need a hip replacement some day. The price of being a professional athlete I suppose. He was really hurting at the FF poker tournament last year because he has to stand for a long period of time to MC the event.

Great guy, easy to approach, and he will talk hockey with you any time.

jxbx

Jun 21, 2014
In retrospect...

There's so much win in this.
Foxy gets jumped, comes out swinging...and wins in the long run :yo:

cyclones22

Apr 4, 2003
Eastvale
That's why I love Jim Fox and why I'm sporting his avatar. Kings announcers = analysts. Ducks announcers = know nothing homers.

CowMix

Go Kings Go!
Feb 12, 2006
I wonder when Fox is going to invite Hayward on to do a re-review of this argument. If they had this discussion on a Kings broadcast it would sure have way more class than Hayward trying to be a smug jackass the entire interview.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad