Jim Elmer Benning on Sportsnet 650 Today (Jan. 23) around 4 PM

canuckfan75

Jan 14, 2014
More Benning on Edler: He's our best defenseman. He's a leader in our room. He's a mentor to Petey. He's an important guy for the development of our younger players. If we can get something figured out, I'd like to do it
3 replies0 retweets6 likes
Reply 3

Retweet

Like 6

Billy Kvcmu

Dec 5, 2014
West Vancouver
Jim Benning: We're in dialogue with (Edler). We're talking about what his intentions are and what he wants to do going forward. I think he's made it clear to us that he wants to stay in Vancouver...so we're going to continue to talk to them and see if we can figure something out
Yeah, he’s 100% staying

Oh well, hope it’s not a bad contract

canuckfan75

Jan 14, 2014
Benning on Hughes: His family, the player, and his agent have to talk it over and they have to decide to leave school. And...if he decides to turn pro, at that point we'll try to get him signed and get him in here #canucks,

canuckfan75

Jan 14, 2014
Benning on Hughes: It's a big step from college hockey to the NHL. As far a skating, handling the puck, he;'s going to be really good at. But getting accustomed to the size and strength of players, how fast the league is, those are things that we won't know til he gets here

canuckfan75

Jan 14, 2014
More Benning on Hughes; But I think as far as his head, his feet, he's such a smart player and skater, I think he can make the adjustments

canuckfan75

Jan 14, 2014
Benning on roster needs: We could use another scorer. We could use another guy who can be a difference-maker for us. We need another top-6 forward. With Quinn coming on the back-end, and I still really like Olli Juolevi, we could add one more defenseman too.

canuckfan75

Jan 14, 2014
More Benning on his needs: So a scoring difference-maker forward, and another good offensive defenseman, I think that would be the two things I think we'd be looking to upgrade #canucks

Billy Kvcmu

Dec 5, 2014
West Vancouver
Benning says he wants to upgrade top 6 and another OFD......

Panarin/Stone/Gardiner??? Even if we overpaid, at least those are good players. It also forces him to clean Eriksson off

canuckfan75

Jan 14, 2014
Benning: I feel we need to draft and develop our own players. The draft is going to be deep enough this year that we;re going to get a really good player. Top six, maybe you get a player that steps in next year. 7 through 16, we'll get a player we really like #canucks

canuckfan75

Jan 14, 2014
Benning: I think Ashton Sautner has played good down there (Utica). Steady puck-moving guy, a good skater. I think he's ready to play some NHL games. Jalen Chatfield, we really like him as a prospect...kind of in the mode of Stecher and Tanev (1)

canuckfan75

Jan 14, 2014
More Benning on D: where he can skate, gets back, takes away time and space. He's a guy we really like. And Brisebois...is a player that can really skate and is mobile, and we like his two-way game. (2

canuckfan75

Jan 14, 2014
More Benning on D: Jett Woo is having an excellent year in the WHL. He plays hard, he's got a physical edge to his game. So I like some of our prospects on the blueline #canucks

canuckfan75

Jan 14, 2014
Benning on Goldobin: This is development. Sometimes when yo send a message to a player, and Travis has been really good with working with him. When he has the puck on his stick, he's one of our most skilled players. It's when he doesn't have the puck, it's rounding out his gam

canuckfan75

Jan 14, 2014
More Benning on Goldy: That's hunting pucks down, winning puck battles. I'm not ready to give up on Goldy yet. I think he has a chance to be a really good player. But it's part of development of young players. I think he'll be in the lineup tomorrow and hopefully he's ready to go

canuckfan75

Jan 14, 2014
More Benning: Hopefully he learns his lessons and gets better at them. It's going to be up to Goldy how he finishes off this season. If he doesn't the things he's capable of, and rounds out his game, then he's got a future with us going forward because he does have a lot of skil

canuckfan75

Jan 14, 2014
Benning on Goldy: He has chemistry when he plays with Petey. We'll continue to work with him and hope he gets better, because there is a high ceiling with him #canucks

canuckfan75

Jan 14, 2014
enning on Pettersson: I think you have to realize, he's a really intense young man and that's what makes him good. He wants to be the best player in the league. He works with our PR people to do better, I guess, in interviews, and not do the death stare. But that's his intensity

canuckfan75

Jan 14, 2014
Benning on EP40: He's given our whole team confidence. For one player to come in here and make such a difference, it gives everybody confidence that when he has the puck he can make one play, take one shot, and make a difference in a game #canucks

Teflon Jim

Apr 4, 2018
Or maybe the team has just god awful management. Some here are up in arms because this team has Petterson, Boeser and Horvat. Well Edmonton has McDavid, Draisaitl and Nugent-Hopkins and are still one of the worst teams. Maybe the fans shouldnt get distracted by some great players on the team that avoid total embarassment and look at the bigger picture.
We are a young rebuilding team and our rise up the ranks depends on our youth powering it.
The youth are improving fast and the revelation of EP40 as a emerging superstar has us currently in the playoffs so how do you get bad management as I see good things happening now and the future is new and bright I clearly see the light at the end of the tunnel yet some posters are still holding up the hate signs and screaming the sky is falling when clearly its not.

Peter10

Dec 7, 2003
Germany
We are a young rebuilding team and our rise up the ranks depends on our youth powering it.
The youth are improving fast and the revelation of EP40 as a emerging superstar has us currently in the playoffs so how do you get bad management as I see good things happening now and the future is new and bright I clearly see the light at the end of the tunnel yet some posters are still holding up the hate signs and screaming the sky is falling when clearly its not.

Having Pettersson on the team does not make up for the bad decisions management has made over the last 5 years. Just like McDavid could not save Chiarelli.

Ryan Miller*

Jan 13, 2017
Having Pettersson on the team does not make up for the bad decisions management has made over the last 5 years. Just like McDavid could not save Chiarelli.
Except Benning stole our superstar at #5, and wasn’t gifted any top-3 picks whatsoever. Makes the positivity of our rebuild at this point all the more impressive, and fun to cheer for. Benning is the salve to bad Canuck luck.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad