Jim Elmer Benning on Sportsnet 650 Today (Jan. 23) around 4 PM

Bettman Returnz

Why so serious?
Jul 28, 2003
BC
Visit site
I wouldn’t be mad if we made minimal trades at the deadline. If you can cut some fat for whatever (granlund, schaller, pouliot, Gagner...) then have at er. But don’t be giving away assets for ferland.

Billy Kvcmu

Dec 5, 2014
West Vancouver
I wouldn’t be mad if we made minimal trades at the deadline. If you can cut some fat for whatever (granlund, schaller, pouliot, Gagner...) then have at er. But don’t be giving away assets for ferland.
He mention young player for young player is what he would like if available
Yep, Goldobin is gone before TDL
Godly for Pulujarvi is my guess

Just A Bit Outside

Playoffs??!
Mar 6, 2010
The only reason to beleive Juolevi can still be a Top 4 dman on this team is because of how crap the Top 4 are at the moment.

Given Juolevi is a LHD and he essentially has Edler and Hughes ahead of him, I don't see how one could possibly see him as a Top 4 dman unless they plan to move Edler or move Juolevi to the right side.

Svencouver

Apr 8, 2015
Vancouver
The only reason to beleive Juolevi can still be a Top 4 dman on this team is because of how crap the Top 4 are at the moment.

Given Juolevi is a LHD and he essentially has Edler and Hughes ahead of him, I don't see how one could possibly see him as a Top 4 dman unless they plan to move Edler or move Juolevi to the right side.

Edler wont be around forever. Could be he's thinking of the long-term.

tantalum

Hope for the best. Expect the worst
Sponsor
Apr 2, 2002
Missouri
1) nice of him to admit that the supporting cast he has so confidently assembled have very little to do with the position they find themselves in

2) in Jim’s world the Gudbranson trade wasn’t a trade where the future was mortgaged because well Real Gud was young himself. So that comment from him means absolutely nothing to me.

3) Juolevi...well can’t trade him right now but I’m very sceptical he will be a top 4. Too many injuries. Not enough progress. Too many holes in his game. But we will see.

Svencouver

Apr 8, 2015
Vancouver

"when we're good"

This dumbass just admitted that the team he assembled sucks.

Not at all. We may not be "good" (read: contenders), but we don't suck. Nobody is going to be fooled by Benning saying that we're contenders now, so I'm glad he's being up-front about it. And he's absolutely right, IMO. I haven't written off Juolevi and it's good that management is playing the long game with not only him, but with the rest of the youth on the team.

Phenomenon13

Oct 10, 2011
I think I agree with most of what Benning said. Maybe not about gudbranson but he said what I would want him to say in terms of the organization direction and plan.

Reactions: Baby Pettersson

Var

Nov 10, 2007
Jan. 23: I will Not mortgage this team's future - Sportsnet.ca

Great interview and glad to hear his approach to the trade deadline is very close to mine. He's still more or less a seller and about to broach the possibility of an Edler move with him and his agent. He's not interested at all in sacrificing the future (although this is probably more obviously seen in how he's already been getting more picks) and seems to understand that although it would be great for the team to make the playoffs, we're still a ways from being the team we can be.

Reactions: Canadian Canuck

clunk

Dec 10, 2015
I'm gonna..
It's one of the many threads that should be deleted based on it's loaded title. For example, the "Official fire Travis Green thread" isn't an appropriate name for a Travis Green thread.

How is using his full name a 'loaded title'?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->