Jim Benning vs Kyle Dubas

Who is the better GM?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

TS Quint

I can see!
Sep 8, 2012
Pretty much, because you can't look at his trades, you certainly can't look at his free agent signings, the results on the ice don't say he's better

The ONLY thing you can say is well he drafted Petterson and Hughes but the reason he was able to do that is because the on ice product sucked a product that he built.
LOL, and where would the Leafs be without their tank to the bottom of the league? No Reilly, no Mathews, no Nylander, no Marner, without them no pajama boy. Without them that leaves them with 1 goal in last year’s play in.

al secord

Mustard Tiger
Jun 26, 2013
Toronto
LOL, and where would the Leafs be without their tank to the bottom of the league? No Reilly, no Mathews, no Nylander, no Marner, without them no pajama boy. Without them that leaves them with 1 goal in last year’s play in.
Who's pajama boy?

BlueBaron

May 29, 2006
Sarnia, On
When did I say Vancouver has good signings? Did you even bother reading my post?

I know what I'm talking about, but clearly you don't, thanks.
You really don't and it's really obvious.

You may not have mentioned Vancouver but that is who the comparison is based on so if you weren't comparing to the Nucks it was just an angry "I hate the Leafs rant" which is how you are coming off.

Name a player who is so overpaid the Leafs cannot trade him. When you see that there aren't any you begin to understand your position is irrational.

You will get support he overpaid in one trade, Foligno. We can live with it. He was worth it to us. Feel free to list all his terrible trades for us.

Rhaegar Targaryen

Jun 25, 2016
You really don't and it's really obvious.

You may not have mentioned Vancouver but that is who the comparison is based on so if you weren't comparing to the Nucks it was just an angry "I hate the Leafs rant" which is how you are coming off.

Name a player who is so overpaid the Leafs cannot trade him. When you see that there aren't any you begin to understand your position is irrational.

You will get support he overpaid in one trade, Foligno. We can live with it. He was worth it to us. Feel free to list all his terrible trades for us.

John Tavares. Nobody is touching that $11M contract with a twenty foot poll.

Matthews got overpaid ($11.5M is fine on a max term deal, he only got 5 years) but not to the extent of Tavares. And Marner as well.

Reactions: TS Quint

4Twenty

Dec 18, 2018
The polls not locked, you can change your votes folks.

I would be awfully embarassed if i'd bought into the Benning koolaid.

As an aside, BCNate, do you still feel the same way as the first few pages?

Lt Dan

F*** your ice cream!
Sep 13, 2018
Behind you
youtu.be
Who's pajama boy?
It's political, so I can't link you but google "Pajama Boy"
Look for this guy
upload_2021-11-29_11-6-21.jpeg

TheDoldrums

May 3, 2016
Kanada
holy crap the first page of this thread lmao

this should have never been close and no hindsight is required. There is probably no greater disconnect between perception and reality on this board than the fact that so many constantly argue that Dubas is the worst GM in the league.

4Twenty

Dec 18, 2018
holy crap the first page of this thread lmao

this should have never been close and no hindsight is required. There is probably no greater disconnect between perception and reality on this board than the fact that so many constantly argue that Dubas is the worst GM in the league.
You should read some of the OP's other posts recently. Back when they fluked into the bubble based on a pandemic, Jim was a genius, now he's not accountable for any of it, because he's been manipulated and his mind controlled by ownership. It's quite insane.

AvroArrow

The way she goes
Jun 10, 2011
Toronto

LOL where would Tampa be without Kucherov/Hedman/Vasilevsky/Stamkos !

LOL where would the Pens be without Crosby/Malkin/Letang

LOL you see, if we just ignore all your best players and pretend they didn't exist, your team actually sucks ! LOL.

TS Quint

I can see!
Sep 8, 2012
LOL where would Tampa be without Kucherov/Hedman/Vasilevsky/Stamkos !

LOL where would the Pens be without Crosby/Malkin/Letang

LOL you see, if we just ignore all your best players and pretend they didn't exist, your team actually sucks ! LOL.
Wow, you got so upset with the post you didn’t read the context.

AvroArrow

The way she goes
Jun 10, 2011
Toronto
Wow, you got so upset with the post you didn’t read the context.

I understood the context, just do better. "Without your 5 best players, your team sucks !" Thanks bro, didn't know that.

Also realized it was an old thread just now :laugh: but that's still a horrible post

Reactions: Brobust

LEAFANFORLIFE23

Jun 17, 2010

You know what the difference is? the on ice product still sucks in Vancouver in fact It's gotten worse

dellzor

Bo Horvat's Head
Nov 21, 2016
Vancouver, BC
Benning is the most underrated GM on hf

Pulled the nucks out of a horrible situation where he couldn't tear down the majority of the 2011 team due to NTC and he got 0 lottery luck. He may have overpaid Eriksson and traded some 2nds but Jesus, Vancouver is looking set right now. I can't believe HF Canucks hate him.
lol'd

LEAFANFORLIFE23

Jun 17, 2010
Sure. If you’re making decisions on emotion instead of logic.

Getting suspended in two consecutive playoffs is pretty improbable. Were they expecting this to become an annual routine?

Spoiler alert: He didn’t get suspended a 3rd consecutive year. Who would have thought, right?

Nope he took a year off and did it again

3 times in 4 years

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->