Speculation: Jim Benning on SN650 a Little While Ago.

canuckfan75

Jan 14, 2014
Benning: I think our young players gained invaluable experience this year. We've seen some growth in some of our young players. Bo took another step in his game. When we traded for Pearson it seems like the two of them have some real good chemistry together.

Reactions: bh53

canuckfan75

Jan 14, 2014
Benning: At the start of the year we wanted to play a fast, aggressive style of hockey. I think we've done that. We wanted to change the culture to be a hardworking competitive team each night. I think for the majority of the games it came right down to the end

canuckfan75

Jan 14, 2014
Benning: We have to take another step. I'm excited for what the summer is going to bring and adding more pieces to this group. Excited for training camp next year, I really believe we took a step this year but we need to take one more step to be a playoff team. #Canucks

canuckfan75

Jan 14, 2014
Benning: That's what I'm most excited about. They see what's happening here, they want to be a part of what's going to happen going forward. We're drawing more interest from players now. That's exciting from an organizational standpoint and for our fans

canuckfan75

Jan 14, 2014
Benning: We'd like to try and improve our defense if we could. I've been looking for this past couple years a player that could fit in with Bo. I think Pearson has done that for us. I'd like to add through trade or FA another top 6 forward and a D, that's what we're looking to do

canuckfan75

Jan 14, 2014
Benning if EP changes rebuild: I think it stays the same. We gotta continue to draft well and develop our players and when they're ready, get them in and get them in positions they can be successful. That part doesn't change

canuckfan75

Jan 14, 2014
Benning: With Luke Schenn, he'll be part of the conversation with the coaches and we'll make a decision. He's been good for us. He's been a leader in the room, he's stuck up for our young guys on the ice. He's given us physical play on the back-end.

canuckfan75

Jan 14, 2014
Benning on Boeser and Edler contracts: This next week or so, we'll start digging in hard with Brock's agent and Alex's agent. We have work to do and understand that we have work to do and we'll get to it and get it do

canuckfan75

Jan 14, 2014
Benning: For Petey and Boes to come in and take over driving the play offensively I think has been huge for our group. I'm excited for what the future holds and I just feel as he [EP] keeps getting stronger, he's just going to get better and better. He's a fun player to watch

Reactions: Get North and bh53

canuckfan75

Jan 14, 2014
Benning on Markstrom: He's taken the next step. He's given us the chance to be competitive every night. Looks like a true number 1 we can win with going forward. We're going to revisit things and decide whether it's this summer we try and extend him

canuckfan75

Jan 14, 2014
Benning: Travis, he wants to win every game, he wants our team to be competitive every game... If we do things the right way, the end result will improve as a team and we'll make the playoffs. We're concentrating on the process and doing things the right way.

SillyRabbit

Trix Are For Kids
Jan 3, 2006
Anyone else not even need to read the points to know he’s just spewing the same nonsense he’s spewed for the past five years?

I wish I had a job where I got paid six figures, didn’t have to actually be good at, and when questioned, just regurgitate a bunch of cliches and repeated excuses every year.

krutovsdonut

eeyore
Sep 25, 2016
i think he’s got to unload spooner, erikkson and goldobin before he is allowed to sign a top 6 ufa forward.

Reactions: Peen

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad