Jim Benning Era Transaction Summary

racerjoe

Jun 3, 2012
Vancouver
Pretty sure everyone here likes this trade when it happened. People thought it was a much better trade than the Hansen deal.

timbermen

Nov 14, 2017
The Hansen deal wasn't too bad considering the terrible season he's having,we got Goldobin who's got 8 goals in half a season.

racerjoe

Jun 3, 2012
Vancouver
That is idiocy.

A player has value at a point in time. Hansen had a ton of value. Players that were similar got a 1st +. We got back basically Hunter Shinkurak. We also had to retain Salary. What hansen did or didn't do this year does not change his value at the time.

People always use examples like this; If we traded Horvat for a 5th rounder, and the next year Horvat has an injury and is never the same player, meanwhile that 5th rounder turns into Zetterberg, we still lost the trade.

timbermen

Nov 14, 2017
this is sheer stupidity
We got a former first rounder for a player who's at the end of his career.Goldobin is not Shinkurak.How many game did Shinkurak play this year?How many times was Hansen scratched this year?It doesn't matter because he was better 2 years ago.LOL

Reactions: Canadian Canuck

timbermen

Nov 14, 2017
Also Hansen tricked us,turns out he's not Swedish.I'm not taking anything away from his contribution to the Canucks,he was all heart,always standing up for his team mates.I wish him the best,you wish for the worst out of Benning's choices so it fits your narrative.

Disappointed EP40

Jan 13, 2015
holy ****,just looked int the Comets thread.They just clinched a playoff spot after missing last years. are leading the Amerks 2-1 after 2 and Bad Goalie keeps saying they suck and no one would want to watch it,yet he posts every turnover and disparages the team at every turn.Bad Goalie = Bad Fan.

Now he's attacking J.Dahlen,making up a bunch of nonsense like he knows what's up.What a fool.

Not sure where you're going with this type of discussion. This isn't CDC or reddit.

Bad Goalie is one of the biggest fans of any team I've seen.

Reactions: petrishriekandgo

timbermen

Nov 14, 2017
I regret saying that,should delete those.He is passionate about his team and i want them to win too.He doesn't like the way the teams managed,he has a point,but i don't think they're that hard done by the Canucks.J.Dahlin did nothing wrong by going back to Sweden for one more year.

Kryten

slightly regarded
Sponsor
Sep 29, 2011
Kootenays
I regret saying that,should delete those.He is passionate about his team and i want them to win too.He doesn't like the way the teams managed,he has a point,but i don't think they're that hard done by the Canucks.J.Dahlin did nothing wrong by going back to Sweden for one more year.
He just wants a fun team to watch at home with the Comets. Benning gave Dahlin an out clause (which is understandable) but then lied to us all saying he would be in Utica in January. Its great that Dahlen lead his team to promotion but near everything that comes out of managements mouths are either misdirection or downright lies (unless they are talking about other teams signed players or who they want to draft)

VanJack

Jul 11, 2014
With the Sedins now gone, a lot of being made of the opportunity the Canucks have to take on a 'bad' contract from somebody in exchange for more picks/prospects....names like Spezza, Seabrook and Bobby Ryan are being tossed around. What could the Canucks expect if they took on one of those bad contracts?

DL44

Status quo
Sep 26, 2006
Updated for the first time this year...
Let me know if I missed a transaction.

Added some color as well... changed some font sizes... have fun with that mobile users.

DL44

Status quo
Sep 26, 2006
Watching the Pens in these playoffs, you have to scratch your head at what's happened to a guy like Derek Poulliot.....high first-rounder and big-time scorer in the WHL, but an RFA this year and spent more time in the minors than the NHL...what happened to him?

Could be be a target for Jimbo?.....there's the Portland connection with Travis Green....would he be worth a gamble for the Canucks, or is he a bust?

I may have missed the initial attention you may of received for this...
but nice call.

VanJack

Jul 11, 2014
Sportsnet is linking the Canucks with Par Lindholm, a 26 year old SHL center....anybody with a scouting report?.....the forward version of Philip Holm?

Bitz and Bites

May 5, 2012
Victoria
Rick Dhaliwal‏ @DhaliwalSports 23h23 hours ago
Agent Todd Diamond tells me that the #Canucks have informed him that they will not be making a contract offer to ufa Jussi Jokinen.

I was pleasantly surprised that Jokinen still had something in the tank and seemed to fit in but this is probably for the best.Might as well keep contract and veteran roster spots open for potential cap dumps or at least for a UFA who might have value at next years TDL.

krutovsdonut

eeyore
Sep 25, 2016
Updated for the first time this year...
Let me know if I missed a transaction.

Added some color as well... changed some font sizes... have fun with that mobile users.

archibald got an nhl contract. previously an ahl deal.

DL44

Status quo
Sep 26, 2006
Rick Dhaliwal‏ @DhaliwalSports

Andre Rufener the agent for RFA Sven Bärtschi tells me that he will file for salary arbitration to speed things up but expects a new deal with the Canucks by the end of July.

Rufener : "Sven is 100% healthy and looking forward to next season. I have talked with Jim Benning and it's all positive. We will start talking about a contract in mid-July.
I will lean to believe that as accurate.

Time to start including him in my mock opening day lineup.

ChefBoiRD

Feb 26, 2018
Will Lockwood is going to be our Chris Kunitz type. Another Great Benning draft Pick!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad