Confirmed with Link: Jim Benning and Travis Green Meet with Media at 9:30am on SN 650 (OP summarizes Pg. 1)

Motte and Bailey

Jun 21, 2017
Not mentioned is the fact that Acquilini spends to the cap. If we were a budget team I could see accepting that we are not making the playoffs, but JB is spending lots of money, and he is spending it badly.

that said, I think VCR makes the playoffs next year. All because Pettersson will make the difference.

And I think there will be a few FA who will think playing in VCR with Pettersson will be worthwhile.

I just don't think JB is competent. Please replace.

Why would Aquilini NOT spend to the cap? The Canucks are a PROFITABLE team with means ANY $$ savings would go STRAIGHT to the COMMUNISTIC welfare system of the NHL, probably Arizona or Ottawa.

krutovsdonut

eeyore
Sep 25, 2016
The burden of proof is on the one making the (ridiculous) claim.

Essential oils are more effective than vaccines.

The earth is flat and surrounded by ice walls like the one in Game of Thrones.

Birds are government drones and they hang out on power lines to recharge.

Where is the evidence.

not a botchford fan i take it.

Reactions: Cogburn

AwesomeInTheory

A Christmas miracle
Aug 21, 2015
Luke Schenn could've played 0 games for Utica, been there for 15 minutes, and Trent Cull/the Utica Comets could've STILL played a significant role in his resurgence. A LOT of the pro-game is mental. It's about mindset. You don't need to play X, Y, or Z number of games to correct a wrong mentality or acquire a correct one. So I reject your premise that the contribution to the development of a player's game necessarily depends on # of games played at all by the reasoning above.

Real life professional sports isn't like the movies. Luke Schenn wasn't one inspirational speech from Cull away from finding his game, and in turn, himself and the woman he loved.

Pavel96

Apr 7, 2015
Real life professional sports isn't like the movies. Luke Schenn wasn't one inspirational speech from Cull away from finding his game, and in turn, himself and the woman he loved.
Is Jim Benning one inspirational HF post away from becoming the all time best GM ever?

AwesomeInTheory

A Christmas miracle
Aug 21, 2015
Is Jim Benning one inspirational HF post away from becoming the all time best GM ever?

A team of professionally trained experts, coaches and therapists couldn't get Benning over the hump.

It's like trying to collect water with cotton candy.

Pavel96

Apr 7, 2015
A team of professionally trained experts, coaches and therapists couldn't get Benning over the hump.

It's like trying to collect water with cotton candy.

tenor.gif

It's Jim Benning's spirit animal wondering where the critical mass of prospects went.

Reactions: Peter10

bossram

Sep 25, 2013
Victoria
I don't need to know any of that kind of insider information on Luke Schenn for my general point to stand on its own.

Umm...you kinda do. Considering that is what you're trying to argue.

That's like me saying: "The Earth is flat"

Someone: "Well why would you think that, where's the evidence?"

Me: "I don't need to know any of that kind of information. My points stands."

That's basically the tact you're taking here.

Canucks LB

My Favourite, Gone too soon, RIP Luc, We miss you
Oct 12, 2008
Botchford's a loudmouth and an idiot of the finest order. He would always do his TSN hits in the empty office right beside mine. that voice GRATES on you after not very much time. Drove me nuts. **** that guy.
Botch is the best media personality and sounds like a hf board poster

Balls Mahoney

2015-2016 HF Premier League World Champion
Aug 14, 2008
Legend
Botch is the best media personality and sounds like a hf board poster

Where do you think he gets his material from? I think Botchford is a complete knob and can't handle his whole hipster bullshit act. But kudos for him having the balls to write those attack pieces on Gudbranson this year.

As far as Vancouver media goes, he's not a shill which is impressive to survive in this market with a real opinion.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->