Confirmed with Link: Jim Benning and Travis Green Meet with Media at 9:30am on SN 650 (OP summarizes Pg. 1)

Vancouver_2010

Canucks and Oilers fan
Jun 21, 2006
Sigh, same excuse every year. Just fire him already. Green can stay for a bit, but not for long.

TruGr1t

Proper Villain
Jun 26, 2003
Haha, these guys have no clue what's going on in Utica. A bunch of reporters ask what's wrong with the Comets and Benning was like: "Well, I talked to Trent [Cull] a couple weeks ago and I think we were on the same page?"

Also the dumbest answer ever to "Why do you believe the team is so injury prone?"

canuckfan75

Jan 14, 2014
Benning: Coming into All-Star Break, we were excited that we were a healthy team. From there we had some injuries, losing our top 2 d-men hurt for a period of time. We got to continue to add to the depth of our group and something we're going to look to do this summer.

canuckfan75

Jan 14, 2014
Benning: From Game 60-80 teams start to dial in for playoffs, it gets harder to score. I talked to some of our young guys yesterday and they gained a lot of experience from that and having gone through that - I think they're going to be better going forward.

canuckfan75

Jan 14, 2014
Green: As a group we have to improve in a lot of places. Bo/Brock/Petey that have had solid years. Adding Pearson was a big plus for our group - was nice to see chemistry with Bo. But when you're a team that doesn't make playoffs - you're going to look to make improvements

canuckfan75

Jan 14, 2014
Benning on his status: I have a good relationship with ownership group. We talk weekly - they understand our plan and where we're at. They've been very supportive of both Travis & Me and the direction we're going. I expect they are going to continue with that.

canuckfan75

Jan 14, 2014
Benning: We have a lot of people in place & behind the scenes. But its another thing we're going to talk about and review at the end of the year and if we feel like we can add someone to our group that is going to make us better we're going to look at it

yvrtojfk

Aug 13, 2016
Canada
Benning on his status: I have a good relationship with ownership group. We talk weekly - they understand our plan and where we're at. They've been very supportive of both Travis & Me and the direction we're going. I expect they are going to continue with that.
Welp.

canuckfan75

Jan 14, 2014
Benning: It's a big step going from JR to AHL - we have a plan for each of our young players. It varied - Lind played a month then missed 2 months & it can be a struggle to get back. Everyone develops on their own path - some can step right into the NHL, others take time.

canuckfan75

Jan 14, 2014
Benning cont'd: We're going to continue to work with these guys. We really like some of them still as prospects and think they will be NHL players but they need to keep developing.

vanuck

Now with 100% less Benning!
Dec 28, 2009
Some of the most generic answers you'll ever hear. Injuries the excuse again. What else is new Benning? :help:

Samzilla

Prust & Dorsett are
Apr 2, 2011
I particularly liked when Benning said he liked what Cull's doing in Utica. Status quo all around! No need for improvement in any of our front offices!

Sigh.

canuckfan75

Jan 14, 2014
Benning cont'd: We're going to continue to work with these guys. We really like some of them still as prospects and think they will be NHL players but they need to keep developing.

canuckfan75

Jan 14, 2014
Benning: It would be nice to add another top-6 player to help us in scoring department. Getting Pearson - we're excited about that. We want to look at our defense, if we can make upgrades there we'd like to do that.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad