JFK line

mix1home

Sep 29, 2009
Toronto,ON
Top line gets eaten alive by Chara, and Bergeron - Marchand - Seguin

And in doing that, you turn 3 scoring lines into two, unless you think Hamilton and Komarov are just going to explode

Oh! I hope Kadri pokes that cyclope in the eye, goes between his legs and scores on Rask skating backwars! :laugh:

AuGsY

Nov 7, 2011
For Bruins game what i'd like to see:

Frattin Kadri Kessel
Kulemin Grabs JVR
Hamilton Bozak Komarov
Steckel Mcclement Orr

Gunnarsson Phaneuf
Liles Franson
Gardiner Komisarek

Reimer/Scrivens

Those should be our D pairing's 24/7. Though I wouldn't mind seeing gardiner with someone else...

cup67

May 8, 2010
TORONTO
agreed

jvr bozak kessel (been solid defensively which is a must)
mac? (mcclement) grabo kuli
frattin kadri komorov
orr steckel brown

i like it, there's a defensive/solid guy in every line, they're accountable for both ends. hopefully jvr can actually plant himself in front

bozak -3
kessel -2
jvr -2
great defensively:sarcasm: jvr is starting to get the other 2's bad habits

Ricky Bobby

Aug 31, 2008
jvr-kadri-frattin. 1st line. future leafs line, i think kadri can handle more min.

kulimen- grabo-kessel, 2nd line, less pressure, not playing vs top defence.

macclement-bozak-komorov. checking line, bozak should start to become a top line checking center.

Teams will still play their top checkers against Kessel because he is a game breaking sniper so whatever line he plays on is the top line regardless of how fans want to number the lines.

hobarth

Jul 10, 2011
Teams will still play their top checkers against Kessel because he is a game breaking sniper so whatever line he plays on is the top line regardless of how fans want to number the lines.

I wonder if Kadri is playing easy minutes now against lesser lines and 3rd pairing defenses putting him in pressure situations playing with Kessel might make him less effective.

I like the look of TO now with 3 lines all capable of providing offense but then offense hasn't been the problem with TO the last few years.

RealisticLeaf55

Win it clean for J.T
Sep 28, 2010
A place
I wonder if Kadri is playing easy minutes now against lesser lines and 3rd pairing defenses putting him in pressure situations playing with Kessel might make him less effective.

I like the look of TO now with 3 lines all capable of providing offense but then offense hasn't been the problem with TO the last few years.

Think of how Carlyle rolled his lines during the ducks season/cup hunt. Getzlaf/Perry/Ryan played the third line under sheltered minutes so they could face the weaker lines and expose them. Kadri and Frattin have to get used too how NHL defenders generally shut you down through positioning, puck play and so on. The kids have to get used to the bottom pairings before they can play against the top pairings. It might be small strides, but they are strides that are well thought out and will greatly benefit our prospects/young players.

hobarth

Jul 10, 2011
Think of how Carlyle rolled his lines during the ducks season/cup hunt. Getzlaf/Perry/Ryan played the third line under sheltered minutes so they could face the weaker lines and expose them. Kadri and Frattin have to get used too how NHL defenders generally shut you down through positioning, puck play and so on. The kids have to get used to the bottom pairings before they can play against the top pairings. It might be small strides, but they are strides that are well thought out and will greatly benefit our prospects/young players.

Yes I remember Anaheim's 1st line then Selanne/McDonald/Kuniz was a great line which made Penner/Getzlaf/Perry very effective, it was an awesome team.

This brings me to a pet peeve of mine attempting to develop potential premium talent in the minor leagues, Kadri playing in the minors last year while Carter Ashton was being very ineffective with TO was a waste. Kadri should have been exposed to NHL competition all of last year rather than Ashton who is even struggling in the AHL this year.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad