Kulemin Grabs JVR
Hamilton Bozak Komarov
Steckel Mcclement Orr

Gunnarsson Phaneuf
Liles Franson
Gardiner Komisarek

Reimer/Scrivens

Top line gets eaten alive by Chara, and Bergeron - Marchand - Seguin

And in doing that, you turn 3 scoring lines into two, unless you think Hamilton and Komarov are just going to explode

RealisticLeaf55

Win it clean for J.T
Sep 28, 2010
A place

And in doing that, you turn 3 scoring lines into two, unless you think Hamilton and Komarov are just going to explode

I have a gut feeling Marchand and Seguin will be on the Phaneuf radar for most the night.

RealisticLeaf55

Win it clean for J.T
Sep 28, 2010
A place
Chiarelle will keep Chara after Kessel/Grabo and hopefully Carlyle will use smart line changes to Keep Kadri on the bruins weaker defensive pairings so we can sneak in a goal or two.

cup67

May 8, 2010
TORONTO

love to see kadri vs sequin line, lot of penalties for the burins. kadri's line can get under your skin, chara will be in the box all night vs kadri

Hurt

Apr 6, 2009
Stay on topic or you'll be removed from the thread or more. Critique the post, not the poster. Very simple stuff here, folks

HeresJOHNNY

Jul 5, 2010

Chara will have a lot more headaches looking out for Kadri down the middle rather than Bozak. Kid is very slippery, which creates more time and space for Kessel against Frankenstein. Let's face it there's been only two scoring lines all season. JVR's and Kadri's.

Bomber0104

Apr 8, 2007
Burlington
jvr-kadri-frattin. 1st line. future leafs line, i think kadri can handle more min.

kulimen- grabo-kessel, 2nd line, less pressure, not playing vs top defence.

macclement-bozak-komorov. checking line, bozak should start to become a top line checking center.

risky first line...could get scored on alot if they are playing the most minutes

ULF_55

Feb 27, 2002
Mountain Standard Ti
Visit site
Why spoil a good thing? Frattin and Kadri are thriving right where they are.

How do you think Kadri would look next to Chara on Sat?

Bruins get the last change.

Chara will be eating up Kessel all night long, hopefully leaving Kadri and Frattin playing against the weaker defense again.

That's where your 3rd. line can really clean up, if they have some skill and get the 3rd. pairing defenders to play against.

MakeTheIronSing

Oct 13, 2011
Edmonton
agreed

jvr bozak kessel (been solid defensively which is a must)
mac? (mcclement) grabo kuli
frattin kadri komorov
orr steckel brown

i like it, there's a defensive/solid guy in every line, they're accountable for both ends. hopefully jvr can actually plant himself in front

Prototype

Nov 7, 2011
Let the kids play protected minutes. Level of competition is clearly different when you play on the first line.

I would rather have the kids gain confidence, and learn the details of the game before we promote them

TMLOBI

Jul 22, 2010
Toronto
Bruins get the last change.

I hit my head pretty hard on Monday but doesn't the home team get the last change?

Also to people saying that Kadri going on the "1st" line means he will play against the top pairings are wrong. Coaches deem what line is best and match accordingly. And Carlye will try to match his best scorers against the other teams weakest defence and best defence against the other teams top scoring lines. That is like saying "ORR is now on the first line with Brown and Steckel so other teams will send out their shutdown lines". It just doesn't work like that.

I like how the Leafs have three lines that can score. Shut down Kessels line sure why not, we'll send out Grabo or Kadri against your weaker defence :)

SteveV*

It is noteworthy, Frattin with all these points and not one second on the PP.

Stephen

Feb 28, 2002
Why spoil a good thing? Frattin and Kadri are thriving right where they are.

How do you think Kadri would look next to Chara on Sat?

Hasn't Kadri player big against Boston the couple of times he's been involved? Lighting Thomas up in the process?

Stephen

Feb 28, 2002
Yes but not up against Bruins top defense pairings. Phil getting shut down all night kept them busy instead.

When you're rolling lines, the idea is they either won't have the resources to cover everyone, or else one line absorbs the attention freeing space for the other. Whether Kessel or Kadri produces or both doesn't matter so long as someone does something.

Ryancoke13

May 4, 2012
jvr-kadri-frattin. 1st line. future leafs line, i think kadri can handle more min.

kulimen- grabo-kessel, 2nd line, less pressure, not playing vs top defence.

macclement-bozak-komorov. checking line, bozak should start to become a top line checking center.

This makes me wish we traded Lupul and didn't sign him to such a ridiculous contract after 1 good year in which he will never reach again...

Hero

Uncle Leo
Jul 2, 2009
heropuck.wordpress.com
JVR - Bozak - Kessel
McClement -Grabo - Kulie
Frattin - Kadri - Komarov
Hamilton - Steckle - Orr

Man line up is looking a lot weak than I thought it did, looking forward to Lupul/MacArthur back.

Mat Fratthouse

Jan 30, 2013
Hogtown
For Bruins game what i'd like to see:

Frattin Kadri Kessel
Kulemin Grabs JVR
Hamilton Bozak Komarov
Steckel Mcclement Orr

Gunnarsson Phaneuf
Liles Franson
Gardiner Komisarek

Reimer/Scrivens

thats a pretty small first line. I dont want to see Lucic tossing around our kids. I predict the lines will be the same pretty much. I would like Carlyle to try hamilton on the 3rd line with fratts and kadri add some size on that line.

-DeMo-

Nov 12, 2006
Huntsville Ontario
For Bruins game what i'd like to see:

Frattin Kadri Kessel
Kulemin Grabs JVR
Hamilton Bozak Komarov
Steckel Mcclement Orr

Gunnarsson Phaneuf
Liles Franson
Gardiner Komisarek

Reimer/Scrivens

you basically took 3 lines producing offense and combined them into 2 and left the bottom 6 with basically no creativity or skill. they wont be able to generate anything offensively. Kadri Frattin need to stay on the 3rd line right now.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad