Prospect Info: Jett Woo, Pt. II

BoHorvat 53

What's a god to a Kane
Dec 9, 2014
Notice a trend? A player taken after a Benning bust (or potential bust) pick goes onto become a star. I still believe Benning took Woo because he thought his name sounded cool. :huh:

I preface this by saying I am 100% aboard the fire Benning train.

With that being said, there's no way we are declaring a 19 y/o who was just traded to a new team and has to adjust to a new system a bust. A 33 game period does not make this kid a bust ladies and gentlemen.

IgorGonzola

Dec 29, 2019
How are the guys picked after Pettersson, Gaudette, Hughes, Demko and Madden doing?

Not very well, I imagine

Didn’t Wise go right after Madden?

Anyhow park me in the “not ready to lambaste a 19 year old 2o18 2nd round draft pick (Jett Woo) while we are on the verge of beginning year 2020”

lawrence

May 19, 2012
WJC is not good for predicting future success

Nonetheless this year is very disheartening for Woo's development

It’s one of worst platforms to gauge and judge. I see it an opportunity for fans to see the best prospects play.

M2Beezy

Objective and Neutral Hockey Commentator
May 25, 2014
Lets see if he can woo the Canucks management team to see if can make the AHL for next season. Now is the time to woo, Woo, hopefully will be saying WOOOOOohoohohohO!!!! Woo with the goal! in the next year or so

WOOOOO!!!!

Jet

Siludin

Dec 9, 2010
Slow start but he's a point per game since Dec 30th.
Benefiting from Zamula being out of the lineup with more minutes/offensive time. Looks like he'll have ideal development minutes down the stretch so let's hope this trend continues.

M2Beezy

Objective and Neutral Hockey Commentator
May 25, 2014

1f55982d-cc7e-453b-a19c-7143430f2098-gif.393242

Hansen

tyler motte simp
Oct 12, 2011
Nanaimo, B.C.
I havent watched the third of the second game yet but he has been impressive to start in the AHL, the bottom 4 of the defence is really weak on Utica and for some reason they have him playing with another RHD and do not give clear instructions as to who is on the left or right.

He's showing good mobility, physicality, and doing a good job getting the puck out of the zone and up the ice, both with quick breakout passes and by skating.

He's also jumping in on the rush more than I expected to see from him and has had some very good one timer looks sneaking in on the left from the faceoff circle. I don't know how much of a scorer he'll ever be but he's playing a game that is translatable and very much needed in our D.

Izzy Goodenough

Oct 11, 2020
Just wait until Greener gets his hands on them... Imagine how long Rathbone will have to sit with Juolevi and watch, Benn and Hamonic play instead of them.

Oh wait that already happened.

iceburg

Don't ask why
Aug 31, 2003
Rathbone and Woo have been Utica's best pairing the last few games. Rathbone brings a dynamic puck moving capability with an aggressive style pinching and in stepping up in the neutral zone forcing mistakes. There is a physical side to his game as well. Woo is a great complementary player to Rathbone. Woo is no slouch when it comes to moving the puck but he's a little more conservative than Rathbone, in some cases covering for Rathbone's aggressive pinches. Rathbone has the wheels to get back in play while Woo covers. He also brings a significant amount of physical play.
Love this pairing. It's only been a few games and it's at the AHL level. But, to me, there is no reason not to project this at the NHL level (with the right development time). I expect Rathbone will be up with the big club in Sept. with Woo following a year later at most. That said, if Woo continues to improve on his strong play over the remaining games of the season, I could see him being s roster candidate to start the season in Vancouver next season.

Reactions: CanuckCity
Feb 19, 2018
This was Judd’s guy so let’s hope he pans out. Benning was adamant to Judd in the draft video “you got your guy” and wouldn’t trade the pick if he was there still.

Reactions: CanuckCity

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->