Prospect Info: Jett Woo, Pt. II

F A N

Aug 12, 2005
Not even close by the look of it.
Jet-Woo-e1529081225942-510x509.jpg

Disappointed EP40

Jan 13, 2015
Kevin Bieksa was 6'1" Donny...

What are you talkin' about... he's been 200+ for a couple years now..

Scouting report on Woo.. "He’s already arguably got an NHL body, tipping the scales at just over 200 pounds and playing a brand of hockey that wouldn’t look out of place in the professional ranks."

I trust the combine results

Trust the combine, every scouting report .. .. looking at him... watching a game. Megaterio must be confused with someone else as Woo can play physically.

Reactions: DonnyNucker

Megaterio Llamas

el rey del mambo
Oct 29, 2011
North Shore
What are you talkin' about... he's been 200+ for a couple years now..

Scouting report on Woo.. "He’s already arguably got an NHL body, tipping the scales at just over 200 pounds and playing a brand of hockey that wouldn’t look out of place in the professional ranks."

Trust the combine, every scouting report .. .. looking at him... watching a game. Megaterio must be confused with someone else as Woo can play physically.
Didn't he drop ten or so pounds before the season to improve his mobility? Hockey db has him listed at 189. I don't think stacking extra weight on that frame is going to help his cause any myself.

Billy Kvcmu

Dec 5, 2014
West Vancouver
He's not a project. Woo is a former high 2nd round pick who was considered a potential first round pick. He was drafted as a defensive Dman with questionable offensive potential. He's obviously considered one of the better Dman in the WHL. Whether he develops into an NHL Dman is a question mark like any other late first round pick or 2nd round pick but he's not a project.
In other word, he is a project.
Last time I check he’s not even 20 yet

VancouverJagger

Not trying to fit in
Feb 26, 2017
Vancouver - Coal Harbour
He's not a project. Woo is a former high 2nd round pick who was considered a potential first round pick. He was drafted as a defensive Dman with questionable offensive potential. He's obviously considered one of the better Dman in the WHL. Whether he develops into an NHL Dman is a question mark like any other late first round pick or 2nd round pick but he's not a project.

Disagree........he's definitely a project......as are any non sure fire draft choices typically.

Horse McHindu

They call me Horse.....
Jun 21, 2014
Beijing
Uh, what? Woo is 19 years old. Stop jumping the gun

Woo is developing just fine for a 19 year old. He’s being asked to play a different role under a different system this year. Many young kids have peaks and valleys through their development. Ignore the trolls, watch his games (or follow up on his progress), and come to your own conclusions. :cool:

Reactions: IgorGonzola

IgorGonzola

Dec 29, 2019
Woo is developing just fine for a 19 year old. He’s being asked to play a different role under a different system this year. Many young kids have peaks and valleys through their development. Ignore the trolls, watch his games (or follow up on his progress), and come to your own conclusions. :cool:

You’re so right, HS. He’s a CHL junior player, drafted 2018. No need to be casting doubt on the kid, now. Didn’t we just go through 5 years of casting doubt upon Virtanen?

Horse McHindu

They call me Horse.....
Jun 21, 2014
Beijing
You’re so right, HS. He’s a CHL junior player, drafted 2018. No need to be casting doubt on the kid, now. Didn’t we just go through 5 years of casting doubt upon Virtanen?

Yep.

It’s funny.

As a Canucks fan, you’d think that certain fans would be more patient with prospects, given what we saw with Naslund, Bertuzzi, Hank, Dan, and now Markstrom. But nope. 19 year old Woo is clearly going the way of the dodo bird because he’s been less than stellar this year in a new role in a new system.

Reactions: IgorGonzola

IgorGonzola

Dec 29, 2019
Yep.

It’s funny.

As a Canucks fan, you’d think that certain fans would be more patient with prospects, given what we saw with Naslund, Bertuzzi, Hank, Dan, and now Markstrom. But nope. 19 year old Woo is clearly going the way of the dodo bird because he’s been less than stellar this year in a new role in a new system.

It’s common for passionate Canuck fans to grow impatient with a prospect, hell I suffer from it once in awhile as well.

Reactions: Megaterio Llamas

VanJack

Jul 11, 2014
Watched him closely during the last couple of periods last night against the Oil Kings; and also during his brief appearances against Russia in the Subway series.

Nothing to indicate that he's not a 'project'....hasn't really improved enough to be even in consideration for Canada's WJC team. And there's no doubt his offensive numbers have tailed off this year, but that might be the result of playing on a deeper WHL team like the Hitmen. But who knows?

He's going to need at least a couple of seasons in Utica, to answer a lot of those questions. Nowhere near the NHL right now.

Hodgy

Feb 23, 2012
Yep.

It’s funny.

Can you please stop with this incessant whining? The criticism in this thread of Woo is all pretty reasonable and, as far as I can tell, no one is calling him an outright bust. Are you going to whine about patience every time a poster criticizes a Canucks prospects? It’s getting extremely tiresome.

Reactions: mossey3535

Cancuks

Former Exalted Ruler
Jan 13, 2014
At the EI office
Notice a trend? A player taken after a Benning bust (or potential bust) pick goes onto become a star. I still believe Benning took Woo because he thought his name sounded cool. :huh:

Grantham

Mar 28, 2017
Might be off topic but Romanov (who was taken one spot after Woo) has looked amazing so far in the WJC- one of the best dmen so far in the tourny
Bang on. If I didn’t have a soft spot for the Habs I’d be crazy jealous right now. Romanov looks like the steal of the draft to me. Amazing vision, plays physical too, but great 2-way game. He’s gonna be a stud!

Kole Lind is another missed pick imo. Right after him went a couple of good defensemen already cracking the NHL roster I believe. Nicolas Hague for Vegas, how good would he like in a Canucks uni?

We had a golden opportunity with the accidental tank the last few years to stockpile picks (2nd round and beyond) and hopefully hit one out of the park, but it was completely wasted.

Billy Kvcmu

Dec 5, 2014
West Vancouver
Bang on. If I didn’t have a soft spot for the Habs I’d be crazy jealous right now. Romanov looks like the steal of the draft to me. Amazing vision, plays physical too, but great 2-way game. He’s gonna be a stud!

Kole Lind is another missed pick imo. Right after him went a couple of good defensemen already cracking the NHL roster I believe. Nicolas Hague for Vegas, how good would he like in a Canucks uni?

We had a golden opportunity with the accidental tank the last few years to stockpile picks (2nd round and beyond) and hopefully hit one out of the park, but it was completely wasted.
Lind is tracking well this season, Hague made the jump faster but he isn’t exactly flourishing. Too early to judge

Reactions: WetcoastOrca

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->