(previous thread)

Jett Woo, Calgary Hitmen
DOB: July 27th, 2000
37th overall, 2018
2018-19: 12G / 54A / 66P, while nursing a knee injury (comparables)​

Last edited:

PetterssonSimp

Dec 12, 2008

Canucks should have been proactive this offseason and fired basically everyone. From Dim Jim and Daft John to the whole medical and training staff. Just pure trash to continue with these type of misdiagnosed injuries. Tanev been sent back on the ice twice with a broken leg, how many prospects? I hope Woo looks passed these things

Hit the post

I have your gold medal Zippy!
Oct 1, 2015
Hiding under WTG's bed...
Canucks should have been proactive this offseason and fired basically everyone. From Dim Jim and Daft John to the whole medical and training staff. Just pure trash to continue with these type of misdiagnosed injuries. Tanev been sent back on the ice twice with a broken leg, how many prospects? I hope Woo looks passed these things
Seems like an ongoing problem even before Benning was hired (eg., Hodgson).

Reactions: iceburg

VanJack

Jul 11, 2014
Is it just me, or has this player had a lot of surgeries for a kid so young? I realize he plays with an edge, but if he's going to keep getting hurt he might have to temper it a bit. It's a lesson Will Lockwood obviously learned the hard way as well.

Pavel96

Apr 7, 2015
Is it just me, or has this player had a lot of surgeries for a kid so young? I realize he plays with an edge, but if he's going to keep getting hurt he might have to temper it a bit. It's a lesson Will Lockwood obviously learned the hard way as well.
I'm sure once he's playing in a top 4 d role on the Canucks, of all teams, his injury rate will go down.

Lindgren

Jun 30, 2005
Four weeks of training? Big franking deal. Kid is 18 and will still get lots of solid training in.

No, it's not a "big franking deal." It's minor knee surgery, which is a small setback, and thus less reason for optimism. The tweet above that says 2-3 weeks for recovery is slightly encouraging, after the one a few posts before suggesting 4 weeks. But hey, if a minor knee procedure means nothing to you, that's fine, and maybe he'll go on to crush training camp and make it difficult for the Canucks to send him down. I certainly hope so.

HankNDank

Oct 25, 2013
Medicine Hat
No, it's not a "big franking deal." It's minor knee surgery, which is a small setback, and thus less reason for optimism. The tweet above that says 2-3 weeks for recovery is slightly encouraging, after the one a few posts before suggesting 4 weeks. But hey, if a minor knee procedure means nothing to you, that's fine, and maybe he'll go on to crush training camp and make it difficult for the Canucks to send him down. I certainly hope so.
The tweet above is from when he had a knee injury in 2018. Check the date.

Lindgren

Jun 30, 2005
The tweet above is from when he had a knee injury in 2018. Check the date.

Ah yes, thanks for pointing that out. So, 2-3 weeks for the 2018 procedure (at least that's what was projected), and 4 weeks expected for the 2019 procedure (not for full recovery, but to the point of being back skating).

Hansen

tyler motte simp
Oct 12, 2011
Nanaimo, B.C.
Do you know what a class action lawsuit is?
We have only touched the surface of how many individual cases of potential malpractice this teams staff has had in the past 10-15 years with what is reported in the media and what we have seen on the ice.

The sheer incompetence is staggering when you look at the miscommunication on injuries from the team and the misunderstanding of scope of injuries which has led to players being used when they shouldnt have and having surgery very shortly after the team has claimed it unnecessary to the public. And again, thats only whats reported and what we see happening on the ice (i.e. players being allowed to skate off the ice when they never should have: Raymond, Boeser, standing out as key examples).

I’m no medical professional nor educated in the field in any way, but something is rotten in the Canucks organization medically and based off of what I have seen, if I were a player I would be sourcing my own medical team.

Reactions: pomorick

DonnyNucker

Mar 28, 2017
We have only touched the surface of how many individual cases of potential malpractice this teams staff has had in the past 10-15 years with what is reported in the media and what we have seen on the ice.

The sheer incompetence is staggering when you look at the miscommunication on injuries from the team and the misunderstanding of scope of injuries which has led to players being used when they shouldnt have and having surgery very shortly after the team has claimed it unnecessary to the public. And again, thats only whats reported and what we see happening on the ice (i.e. players being allowed to skate off the ice when they never should have: Raymond, Boeser, standing out as key examples).

I’m no medical professional nor educated in the field in any way, but something is rotten in the Canucks organization medically and based off of what I have seen, if I were a player I would be sourcing my own medical team.
Damn right you aren’t a medical professional, it’s pretty obvious. Have you ever had a sports injury? Sometimes it’s necessary to get several opinions. Also, sometimes multiple MRI’s are necessary before the injury is accurately diagnosed. If a player is injured on the ice and tells the trainers that he can feel his extremities and can leave without a stretcher that’s often what happens. This isn’t some unique situation to the Canucks trainers and doctors.

I’ve been misdiagnosed on multiple injuries in the past and no, it wasnt the Canucks doctors. I wasn’t upset, sometimes the issues aren’t obvious and medical professionals are relying on the patients descriptions of their symptoms. In summary, your suggestion of a class action lawsuit is a goddamn joke

Lindgren

Jun 30, 2005
Damn right you aren’t a medical professional, it’s pretty obvious. Have you ever had a sports injury? Sometimes it’s necessary to get several opinions. Also, sometimes multiple MRI’s are necessary before the injury is accurately diagnosed. If a player is injured on the ice and tells the trainers that he can feel his extremities and can leave without a stretcher that’s often what happens. This isn’t some unique situation to the Canucks trainers and doctors.

I’ve been misdiagnosed on multiple injuries in the past and no, it wasnt the Canucks doctors. I wasn’t upset, sometimes the issues aren’t obvious and medical professionals are relying on the patients descriptions of their symptoms. In summary, your suggestion of a class action lawsuit is a goddamn joke

It's unlikely that there's a class action lawsuit available to Canucks players because of the medical history with the franchise, but there's clearly a problem. They need to have a protocol that leads them to err on the side of caution, rather than hauling players off the ice without a stretcher, and later, when the injury is revealed to be a serious one, claiming that the player said they were okay.

Dump Itch

Sep 9, 2017
It's unlikely that there's a class action lawsuit available to Canucks players because of the medical history with the franchise, but there's clearly a problem. They need to have a protocol that leads them to err on the side of caution, rather than hauling players off the ice without a stretcher, and later, when the injury is revealed to be a serious one, claiming that the player said they were okay.

So you're saying that a stretcher needs to be used with every single injury on the ice? lmao you've clearly never played sports nor are you a health professional

Lindgren

Jun 30, 2005
So you're saying that a stretcher needs to be used with every single injury on the ice? lmao you've clearly never played sports nor are you a health professional

Obviously, that's not what I'm saying. Just as I'm sure you're not saying that no stretcher should ever be used unless the player demands it.

We could trade straw man arguments, or we could have a reasonable discussion.

F A N

Aug 12, 2005

Actually I don't think a private corporation like Canucks Entertainment can mandate a protocal when it comes to medical professionals. Medical professionals get to make decisions based on their professional experience.

Lindgren

Jun 30, 2005
Actually I don't think a private corporation like Canucks Entertainment can mandate a protocal when it comes to medical professionals. Medical professionals get to make decisions based on their professional experience.

Surely their employer could draw attention to a pattern of error.

If I were a Canucks player and had a serious injury, I would always seek a second opinion from a professional not employed by the team.

F A N

Aug 12, 2005
Surely their employer could draw attention to a pattern of error.

If I were a Canucks player and had a serious injury, I would always seek a second opinion from a professional not employed by the team.

I surely hope that the Canucks make changes to their medical staff if they question their competence.

In reality, there are a lot of bad medical advice and misdiagnosis given. Unless time is of the essence, it doesn't hurt to get a second opinion.

Relating more to Jett Woo, the medical staff they have in Vancouver should presumably be better than the medical staff they have in Utica. It's one of the arguments for having an AHL closer to the parent club.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad