Post-Game Talk: Jets win streak ends at 4: 2-1 Wild

Status
Not open for further replies.

MuckOG

May 18, 2012
Must suck for Winnipeg fans to drive 8 hours to watch such a boring game. :shakehead

Hockey fans sure are different than fans of every other sport. You never hear as much complaining about "boring" football, basketball, baseball or soccer games by fans of those sports. Some hockey fans just aren't happy unless they see a 7-6 game and each team tallying 50+ shots and 20 scoring chances.

Football fans can appreciate a good defensive effort, and baseball fans can appreciate a dominate pitching performance...why can't hockey fans appreciate a tight checking and disciplined game?

BTW - fun atmosphere with all the Jets fans in attendance. Probably the loudest it's been in the Xcel all season long.

Aavco Cup

"I can make you cry in this room"
Sep 5, 2013
Russo's game story

@Russostrib: HOME HOSTILITY: Behind Mikko Koivu's 2 goals and Josh Harding's 21 saves, #mnwild shuts up #nhljets fans. STORY>> http://t.co/vdnTk5I2ep

wpgallday1960

Sponsor
Jun 4, 2010
Sunny St. James
The Jets lost because they couldn't score more than one goal. Blame Pavs, Redmond, Scheifele and Kane all you want, but until the offense can muster more shots, scoring chances, set plays and goals, this will be the result every time. Secondary scoring is non-existent, and by keying on the LLW line the Wild took away any offensive effectiveness.

Pavelec gave the Jets a chance to win this one, and they blew it. And isn't that what you want your goalie to do? I thought he played good enough to win, and the Jets let him down.

Totally agree. Some posters on here blame Pavelec no matter what.

buggs

screenshot
Sponsor
Jun 25, 2012
somewhere flat
Hockey fans sure are different than fans of every other sport. You never hear as much complaining about "boring" football, basketball, baseball or soccer games by fans of those sports. Some hockey fans just aren't happy unless they see a 7-6 game and each team tallying 50+ shots and 20 scoring chances.

Football fans can appreciate a good defensive effort, and baseball fans can appreciate a dominate pitching performance...why can't hockey fans appreciate a tight checking and disciplined game?

BTW - fun atmosphere with all the Jets fans in attendance. Probably the loudest it's been in the Xcel all season long.

While I confess I'd prefer a less NJD cup team style of game (clutch and grab), any time I'm in the Cities I'm just a happy camper. I'm in Minneapolis 4-5 times a year and I love it there. Just thinking of going there makes me happy (cheap booze, lots of bars where you can drink and there's hardly a soul looking for a fight) and the people are just nice, especially when they find out you're from Winnipeg. Getting to a Jets game as well? Pure bonus.

The drive, so long as the weather/roads is good, is next to nothing. Fargo for lunch, arrive at destination, both ways, by about 4:00. Easy.

wpgallday1960

Sponsor
Jun 4, 2010
Sunny St. James
Tough game. I take exception to anyone who would say "pavs kept it close" though or for anyone who will eventually say you cant show up until the 2nd period. The Wild took an entire period off in the 2nd and still won the game. Pavs played good, but in the end we were sunk by an unscreened shot thru the five hole.

And just in case you know who or the other one chimes in, no the Jets didn't do enough offensively. Bad game for the offense but we should be in overtime.

Pavelec played good enough to win. That last goal was a great one-time shot to the short side. All goalies give up a goal like that from time to time. Pavs didn't steal the game for us but he's hardly the reason for the loss. We were "sunK" by the Jets lacking on the score sheet. Try to post with some objectivity for a change.

Channelcat

Unhinged user
Feb 8, 2013
Canada
"Disciplined" isn't exactly the term I'd use, considering how much the refs let slide.

This is why we need 4 on 4 hockey. All the time! The game has certainly gotten less entertaining in my opinion. I hate to sound like an oldtimer, which I'm not, but watching games just from 20 years ago you see much more flow and much more playmaking. I believe the players have gotten too quick, too big and too system oriented. Although the league and pa would never allow it, 4 on 4 is the way to go in my opinion. Maybe they could even take one or two officials off the ice then, as them getting in the way all the time, doesn't help matters.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad