Post-Game Talk: Jets win streak ends at 4: 2-1 Wild

Status
Not open for further replies.

Teppo

Mar 3, 2008
Good game guys. I wish are fans were like yours meaning being loud and actually cheering.

Minnesota nice + With only one major team in town (I can no longer call the Bombers 'major') it makes the fans super fans (and that is speaking as both a Winnipegger and a Minnesotan).

Snot Rocket

HF anti-tank squad
Feb 3, 2013
Winnipeg
They have to play a full 60 if you want to win (Yes I am saying it Res)...and they had some bad puck luck on shots.

There was a lot of clutch and grab but that slew foot on Wheels should have been called.

Pull up the socks boys and destroy the next 2.

NHL1674

Whatever...
Sponsor
Aug 8, 2008
Minnesota
Good game guys. Your fans definitely made themselves heard. Here's a tweet from our beat writer, Russo.

Russo

#mnwild players loves the atmosphere #nhljets created tonight. Parise: "you don't expect your own goalie to get taunted in your own rink."

umwoz

Feb 28, 2010
Just an interesting stat upon inspection

Evander Kane vs East: 5GP, 2G, 3A
Evander Kane vs West: 15GP, 4G, 3A

I wouldn't yet call that significant but it's something to keep an eye on, I really had hoped he would thrive in a more physical setting.

Nov 15, 2010
Western Canada
Do we go Monty vs the Flames tomorrow, then Pavs against Chicago and Minnesota? Or Monty tomorrow, and again against Chicago then Pavs against Minnesota? So many options making my head spin.

YWGinYYZ

Jul 3, 2011
Toronto
There was a lot of clutch and grab but that slew foot on Wheels should have been called.

This?

wheeler_spurgeon_slew_foot.gif

Definitely dirty, definitely dangerous, and definitely should have been called. C'est la vie.

Pull up the socks boys and destroy the next 2.

Yep. They get another shot at these guys in a few days.

sipowicz

The thrill is gone
Mar 16, 2011
"A" games LLW, Tangradi, Joki, Buff, Ellerby, Pavs

MIA. Kane, Scheif, Kane, Schief, Kane.....

Andy6

Court Jetster
Jun 3, 2011
Toronto, Ontario
That's exactly it with Kane, he has been very impatient upon entering the zone this year.

edit: as above, might be a West/East thing. He will need to hone his game to adapt to this

He isn't much of a honer, though. He just does the thing he does. I don't know where he's progressed in the time he's been in Winnipeg, really.

umwoz

Feb 28, 2010
He isn't much of a honer, though. He just does the thing he does. I don't know where he's progressed in the time he's been in Winnipeg, really.

I'm not saying that IS the case, but if so he needs to be benched for a game.

Positive

Enjoy your flight
May 4, 2007
Osborne Village in the 'Peg
Kane needs to find another dimension to his game. Only 21 though. Right now it seems all he has is straight ahead speed and aggression. His shot isn't particularly accurate (I think they should hang the water bottles INSIDE the net, not on top :) ), and his vision, awareness, and passing need a lot of work.

White Out 403*

Do we go Monty vs the Flames tomorrow, then Pavs against Chicago and Minnesota? Or Monty tomorrow, and again against Chicago then Pavs against Minnesota? So many options making my head spin.

Rest Pavs. Monty has earned it and Pavs isn't effective in back to backs. Please god start Monte tomorrow, Noel.

blueandgoldguy

Oct 8, 2010
Greg's River Heights
Kane really has been invisible since coming back from his "healthy scratch." Needs to be better. Then again, so do all our forwards. Our forwards have scored a grand total of one goal in the last three games!

Hopefully, Jets can score 4 or more against a weak Calgary team tomorrow.

Gnova

CowboysR^2
Sep 6, 2011
Jetland
didn't understand the line juggling at the end there. I understand that there isn't any secondary scoring but with a tied game, I would just grind it out with what you got. Kane and Sheif were on the ice for that goal....

Last time Noel shortened his bench ona back to back game night people were calling for his head.
Now he doesn't do it and people are pissed.

JC Numminen

#goldrush
Feb 13, 2013
Westman
Man the difference between the east standings and west is horrifying. We would be sitting at 3rd in the metro or the 2nd wild card spot in the east... Instead we are 7 points back of the 2nd wild card :(

Mathmew Purrrr Oh

#meowmeowmeowmeow
Apr 18, 2013
meow
eh didn't find the game all that boring - just really tight checking
Jets played a much better road game vs a better team than they did in Detroit

main disappointment was lack of a time out call after that icing - was asking the tv what Noel was thinking there - small mistake by Ellerby but bigger one by Scheif - that stuff's gonna happen, you just hope it doesn't end up in the net

solid effort all around though imo

edit: well forgot to mention sitting back yet again in a tie game but w/e noel gonna noel

Prot

Sep 21, 2011
While there was a lot about this game I did not like, I'm willing to just let it go. The truth is I felt we were lucky to be tied with 3 mins. left.

Can't be too hard on a team that won their last 4. ;)

ps241

The Ballad of Ville Bobby
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
Yea you win some you lose some.....tough to let a point get away from us late but we don't have to dwell on this for long.

JustBeCool

boom shakalaka
Jul 1, 2012
Vancouver
Last time Noel shortened his bench ona back to back game night people were calling for his head.
Now he doesn't do it and people are pissed.

not mad about not shortening the bench. I prefer kane with joki only because joki is defensively responsible while kane isnt and therefore joki tends to cover him. But kane gets pushed down to the sheif frolik line and well you saw what happen there. sheif is still a rookie and isn't going to cover kane and vice versa. but now that you think about it, with trangradi on the ice instead of kane, would that icing still result in a goal due to the faceoff loss? I don't know.

edit: re-watched that goal and kane just standing there...

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->