Post-Game Talk: Jets win streak ends at 4: 2-1 Wild

Status
Not open for further replies.

JetsFan815

Jan 16, 2012
Would have been nice to get a point out of this but oh well.

Have to say, I did not enjoy this game at all. The reffing gave the wild licence to clutch and grab as much as they wanted. Not an entertaining game by any means. When do we play the Capitals again?

JustBeCool

boom shakalaka
Jul 1, 2012
Vancouver
didn't understand the line juggling at the end there. I understand that there isn't any secondary scoring but with a tied game, I would just grind it out with what you got. Kane and Sheif were on the ice for that goal....

umwoz

Feb 28, 2010
Kane's lack of creativity with the puck in the offensive zone is becoming frustrating

blueandgoldguy

Oct 8, 2010
Greg's River Heights
Seemed to play well for the most part - limited the Wild's scoring chances, but faceoffs were poor and passing was poor towards the end of the game.

Very poor decision by Ellerby along the boards. Iced the puck for no good reason and indirectly cost us a point as a result of the lost faceoff and subsequent goal scored. Thanks alot jackass!

YWGinYYZ

Jul 3, 2011
Toronto
Kane's lack of creativity with the puck in the offensive zone is becoming frustrating

He's gotta delay just a touch from time to time - his speed opens things up, but he doesn't take advantage of the fact he's backing defenders off, etc.

To be fair, there was quite a bit of interference going on tonight - as (Hank?) someone said, felt a bit like the clutch-and-grab era, on both sides of the puck.

Hank Chinaski

May 29, 2007
YFO
Would have been nice to get a point out of this but oh well.

Have to say, I did not enjoy this game at all. The reffing gave the wild licence to clutch and grab as much as they wanted. Not an entertaining game by any means. When do we play the Capitals again?

Jets got away with lots as well. Refs weren't calling anything.

Savagestevo

Nov 29, 2011
Well at least the crowd was funny, wasn't else much else good about the game though.

The team doesn't have a whole lot of offensive creativity and it really shows against a team like the Wild who can so easily just smother the other team. Faceoffs need to be better too, too many times this season the other team gets a goal right off or seconds after a faceoff win.

JC Numminen

#goldrush
Feb 13, 2013
Westman
If we win tomorrow I can forget about this game. Regroup and come out flying tomorrow! I'm 0/5 on vbookie this year... Think Im done with that now

Nsjohnson

Hockey.
Jun 22, 2012
Miami
Sloppy game by both teams...that atmosphere though....:yo:

Healthy rivalry continuing. No line brawls yet, keepin' it classy.

Hank Chinaski

May 29, 2007
YFO
He's gotta delay just a touch from time to time - his speed opens things up, but he doesn't take advantage of the fact he's backing defenders off, etc.

To be fair, there was quite a bit of interference going on tonight - as (Hank?) someone said, felt a bit like the clutch-and-grab era, on both sides of the puck.

Honestly, games like this are Kane's kryptonite.

Basically like you said, you need a forward that will be patient and look to make a pass. The Wild really don't allow teams to drive the net against them, it's like playing a Western version of the Bruins.

Savagestevo

Nov 29, 2011
If we win tomorrow I can forget about this game. Regroup and come out flying tomorrow! I'm 0/5 on vbookie this year... Think Im done with that now

That's one good thing about back to backs, just get back on the horse tomorrow and try to get a win. Calgary has been struggling lately, so it's possible.

Hank Chinaski

May 29, 2007
YFO

The hell you are! You just need to start wagering on the Jets opponents from now on. :sarcasm:

scelaton

Jul 5, 2012
Seemed to play well for the most part - limited the Wild's scoring chances, but faceoffs were poor and passing was poor towards the end of the game.

Very poor decision by Ellerby along the boards. Iced the puck for no good reason and indirectly cost us a point as a result of the lost faceoff and subsequent goal scored. Thanks alot jackass!
It's a shame to lose it in the last 3 minutes but let's not blame this one on Ellerby. He has been very solid since coming here and makes far fewer mistakes than Clitsome and Pardy. Scheifele lost the faceoff cleanly and didn't tie up his man; you could see him slamming his stick in frustration.
Pavelec did everything we could expect from him, so did LLW, but we need some secondary scoring. Kane, in particular, looks like a shadow of his former self.

Just Ducky

Jan 8, 2012
Jets had bus legs in the first. Pavs kept it close. Ugly hockey to watch. I share with others frustration with Kane. He could be so much better if he knew how to use his linemates. Good for Noel for sending him a message but I am not sure on the timing of it.

Nharris31

Aug 9, 2013
Good game guys. I wish are fans were like yours meaning being loud and actually cheering.

Savagestevo

Nov 29, 2011
It's a shame to lose it in the last 3 minutes but let's not blame this one on Ellerby. He has been very solid since coming here and makes far fewer mistakes than Clitsome and Pardy. Scheifele lost the faceoff cleanly and didn't tie up his man; you could see him slamming his stick in frustration.
Pavelec did everything we could expect from him, so did LLW, but we need some secondary scoring. Kane, in particular, looks like a shadow of his former self.

I'm almost wondering if this is due to the team moving to the Western Conference.

umwoz

Feb 28, 2010
Honestly, games like this are Kane's kryptonite.

Basically like you said, you need a forward that will be patient and look to make a pass. The Wild really don't allow teams to drive the net against them, it's like playing a Western version of the Bruins.

That's exactly it with Kane, he has been very impatient upon entering the zone this year.

edit: as above, might be a West/East thing. He will need to hone his game to adapt to this

White Out 403*

Tough game. I take exception to anyone who would say "pavs kept it close" though or for anyone who will eventually say you cant show up until the 2nd period. The Wild took an entire period off in the 2nd and still won the game. Pavs played good, but in the end we were sunk by an unscreened shot thru the five hole.

And just in case you know who or the other one chimes in, no the Jets didn't do enough offensively. Bad game for the offense but we should be in overtime.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad